Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Toledo has a new radio station.

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Colonel Flagg

Re: Toledo has a new radio station.

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:24 pm

WOHO wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:41 am
Col. Flagg- 1520 70's show- you bet.
I'm waiting for them to screw-up...103.3 is a 150W translator, so it can only duplicate what's on its parent channel. 1520AM. Andrew Z probably could have gotten WJYM and its new 106.9 translator for a lower price. Wonder what the AM and 2 translators sold for? And where are the studios?
Good question on the studios. I was wondering the same thing. The sale was an asset exchange agreement, that took forever to close, which is why I don't recall the details. If I recall correctly, the swap was for a translator in Madison, WI. Jamtraxx/Fusion Radio is based in Chicago. That much, I know.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Steve79

Post by Steve79 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:15 pm

Yeah what's up with WJR all over 1520!?!? Can barely hear it under them. Someone needs to fix that.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:19 pm

That's strange.

I wonder what kind of an impact this format will make? if any. Is this a LMA or is Fusion behind this format?

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:27 pm

They are indeed launching with 10,000 songs in a row.

When researching Fusion last year, they said they specialize in Rhythmic formats, so it could be them or it could be an LMA.

It's at least different than Kiss or Q1055 as it plays some older songs more frequently, so at least they have that going for them.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:19 am

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:27 pm

When researching Fusion last year, they said they specialize in Rhythmic formats, so it could be them or it could be an LMA.

It's at least different than Kiss or Q1055 as it plays some older songs more frequently, so at least they have that going for them.
Fusion and Jamtraxx are related Chicago companies, so this is definitely not an LMA. They recently acquired a translator in St. Louis, which seems odd, as they have nothing there to translate.

I had a good time working in Toledo, but never considered it to be a "dancin' & partyin'" kind of city. Although, back in the 90's, as 93Q, WRQN did have a definite rhythmic lean to it, and seemed to do very well. On the other hand, that was 30 years ago...

Where's Rob Thomas, from the old 92-5 WMHE? He'd be perfect for this station, he's likeable, and doesn't have any "baggage"

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:28 pm

Ok, I kind of didn't think so but wasn't sure what was going on. I mean 1520am was off the air for nearly a year and they came back on simulcasting Hell fire and brimstone 106.5. Party 103.3 isn't my kind of music really but it's nice to see something different on the radio dial. This will be the first time since WVOI that a commercial format is on 1520am, save for about 10 months or so when they briefly had a talk format back in 2008-09.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:35 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:19 am

Fusion and Jamtraxx are related Chicago companies, so this is definitely not an LMA. They recently acquired a translator in St. Louis, which seems odd, as they have nothing there to translate.

I had a good time working in Toledo, but never considered it to be a "dancin' & partyin'" kind of city. Although, back in the 90's, as 93Q, WRQN did have a definite rhythmic lean to it, and seemed to do very well. On the other hand, that was 30 years ago...

Where's Rob Thomas, from the old 92-5 WMHE? He'd be perfect for this station, he's likeable, and doesn't have any "baggage"
Actually met Rob a few months ago. He now teaches communications at Owens Community College. I'm trying to launch a podcast where I interview media personalities from Toledo, Detroit, and perhaps other markets. He has a shift Owens's college internet station playing classic rock. He knows a lot about podcasting for sure.

deadend

Post by deadend » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:05 pm

A Dubb? Can’t this hack just disappear for good?

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:01 am

Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:35 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:19 am

Actually met Rob a few months ago. He now teaches communications at Owens Community College. I'm trying to launch a podcast where I interview media personalities from Toledo, Detroit, and perhaps other markets. He has a shift Owens's college internet station playing classic rock. He knows a lot about podcasting for sure.
Glad to know he's still around. Great guy. It would be great to hear him doing a live nighttime show again, even on WRQN...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic