Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Big Business Fucks Over Poor America Again

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Big Business Fucks Over Poor America Again

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:33 am

This time, the big corporations are jacking up the lot rent in mobile home parks to kick out the poor. Think this cannot affect you? Think again. This is going to further raise single home prices.

https://youtu.be/PASZBX52l80

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Re: Big Business Fucks Over Poor America Again

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:09 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:33 am
This time, the big corporations are jacking up the lot rent in mobile home parks to kick out the poor. Think this cannot affect you? Think again. This is going to further raise single home prices.

You misspelled Joe Biden and the Democrats.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:23 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:09 am

Except that’s not what’s behind it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:26 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:23 am
Matt wrote:

Oh really? Inflation and massive spending have NOTHING to do with it?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:28 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:26 am
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:

The inflation has multiple factors associated with it. The massive spending began before Biden even had the nomination.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:57 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:28 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:26 am
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:

The inflation has multiple factors associated with it. The massive spending began before Biden even had the nomination.
He's done nothing to stop it. He hasn't ended the national emergency even though he said the pandemic is done.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:00 am

Remember - Biden was chomping at the bit to spend another $3.6 trillion. And he would have spent that if not for the Senate getting in his way.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:22 am

Matt wrote:

Since when does Joe Biden support venture capitalism?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:58 am

Auto dealers were identified by the fed, as an example of how this inflationary cycle is more to do with gouging than higher raw materials costs.

Biden could have pursued usery laws, did he?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/21/busi ... ation.html

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:26 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:58 am
Auto dealers were identified by the fed, as an example of how this inflationary cycle is more to do with gouging than higher raw materials costs.

Biden could have pursued usery laws, did he?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/21/busi ... ation.html
Some of them are asking double digit thousands for a 12 year old 180,000+ mile car… the used market especially is out of whack.

I was looking at a 2012 Ford escape recently… “Did not pass out inspection, might be good if you’re handy, Must be towed out” and they still wanted $3500.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:36 am

How are auto dealers supposed to survive on selling cheap used cars when they can't get any new ones on the lot? I know conditions are starting to ease on this, but there was a time where many car lots were empty or nearly empty of new cars due to simply not being able to obtain them.

I do know though from car browsing myself the past few months (I'm still driving a 2001 Chevy Blazer that is now up to 203k miles) that prices are insane for anything made after about 2006. There are still deals to be had if you're willing to buy something even older with low miles and if you're willing to pay to have it shipped from somewhere like CA or FL where rust is way less of a problem.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:19 am

Can't blame it just on dealers. Lots of folks are selling their personal vehicles at ridiculous prices.

And the dealers could only sell at inflated prices if there are buyers paying those inflated prices. A lot of buyers are even competing directly with the GOVERNMENT for vehicles and a lot of buyers have more "expendable" cash because of handouts from the government.

How many governments are spending "Covid recovery" dollars on everything BUT Covid-related things?? I think we're putting in a bunch of new sidewalks around my area with "Covid Recovery" dollars. Sheesh.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:05 am

I think anti-trust needs to be looked at for this housing matter.

I don't want to completely bash investment, as sometimes an owner needs to get out for health or age reasons...But investigating just to gouge the public should be looked in to.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:11 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:36 am
How are auto dealers supposed to survive on selling cheap used cars when they can't get any new ones on the lot? I know conditions are starting to ease on this, but there was a time where many car lots were empty or nearly empty of new cars due to simply not being able to obtain them.

I do know though from car browsing myself the past few months (I'm still driving a 2001 Chevy Blazer that is now up to 203k miles) that prices are insane for anything made after about 2006. There are still deals to be had if you're willing to buy something even older with low miles and if you're willing to pay to have it shipped from somewhere like CA or FL where rust is way less of a problem.
A bunch of conservative victims?

Thank you for affirming that Biden didn't cause inflation, it was pricing gouging business owners.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:35 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:11 pm
bunch of conservative victims?

Thank you for affirming that Biden didn't cause inflation, it was pricing gouging business owners.
You claim to be an expert in the restaurant industry. Are sky-high dining prices a result of price gouging by restaurant chain owners? Or are you just selective in which industries are engaged in this alleged gouging?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic