Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit Tigers 2022

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Realist

Re: Detroit Tigers 2022

Post by Realist » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:32 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:10 am
Realist wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:35 pm
With all the talk about firing Avila over how the season has gone so far, my question is why does our hitting coach still have a job? How many batters do we have that are at or below the Mendoza line? We figured out our relief pitching and our offense now takes a 💩💩💩
This is also not the first time. The Tigers don't know how to hire good hitting coaches.
A glimmer of hope that I see is Miggy saying he wants to stay with this team as a coach once he retires. He sounds like a perfect hitting coach candidate. AJ has already said he’d be happy to have him on board

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:17 pm

No glimmer of hope. This team is trash. The last time I have seen so many caught looking strikeouts was in high school baseball. After we got struck out 14 times in a 7 inning game, coach said the team is running 5 laps for every caught looking strikeout. Get the fucking bat off your shoulder!

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:58 pm

Well stated; this team is indeed pure trash.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:53 pm

Javy Baez is a joke too. Two booted balls. Cut his ass.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:55 am

He is washed up for sure.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:10 am

What I find incredible is that both Robbie Grossman and Austin Meadows have yet to hit a homer this season! :shock: Neither has Tucker Barnhart.

"And if you're interested as to where these gentlemen came from, you might check under 'B' for Baseball...in The Twilight Zone."

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:58 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:10 am
What I find incredible is that both Robbie Grossman and Austin Meadows have yet to hit a homer this season! :shock: Neither has Tucker Barnhart.

"And if you're interested as to where these gentlemen came from, you might check under 'B' for Baseball...in The Twilight Zone."
Tucker never hits a ton of homers, but the Grossman and Meadows' lack of production is disturbing. How does this hitting coach have a job?

Audacity sucks.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:13 am

They got 14 runs this game! That’s as many as the previous NINE games combined. I think they should try wearing those Stars jerseys again and see if they found a lucky outfit.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:11 am

Chrocket87 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:13 am
They got 14 runs this game! That’s as many as the previous NINE games combined. I think they should try wearing those Stars jerseys again and see if they found a lucky outfit.
I was thinking the same thing! :lol However, if they come out today and lay another goose egg, as has been their habit after a sudden offensive outburst.... :rolleyes

All I'm hearing is how the long anticipated arrival of Riley Greene will suddenly turn around their fortunes. That's quite a burden to lay on a rookie.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:16 am

As they say, even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while. :)
All I'm hearing is how the long anticipated arrival of Riley Greene will suddenly turn around their fortunes. That's quite a burden to lay on a rookie.
Agreed, and it's because the baseball writers in this town are mostly morons.

Chris Ilitch seems to have gone into hiding; I'd be curious to know if he still believes the rebuild is complete.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:51 pm

Well, Moldyoldie sure lit a fire under Grossman. Two home runs in 2 days! Maybe it’s Riley Greene. Whatever they are doing, keep it up!

Audacity sucks.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:01 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:51 pm
Well, Moldyoldie sure lit a fire under Grossman. Two home runs in 2 days! Maybe it’s Riley Greene. Whatever they are doing, keep it up!
:lol The Power of the Buzzboard!

- Sydney J. Harris

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:01 pm

Maybe we can look back at this year as the time when they worked a lot of young players into the everyday lineup to go along with the young pitchers they've been bringing up the last couple of years. That's the most optimistic attitude I can take with this team.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:31 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:01 pm
Maybe we can look back at this year as the time when they worked a lot of young players into the everyday lineup to go along with the young pitchers they've been bringing up the last couple of years. That's the most optimistic attitude I can take with this team.
I prefer not to speculate on the future, but I like your approach to this season's debacle. We can always hope, plus there's a whole more-than-half a season to go yet this year. :smokin

- Sydney J. Harris

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:10 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:11 am
Hmm, maybe they were right about this guy! :smokin :D This looks like the team I thought I'd be watching this year...finally!

- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic