Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Looks like James Craig's gubernatorial bid is dead

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Looks like James Craig's gubernatorial bid is dead

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 24, 2022 7:47 am

No wonder he's been largely inactive on the campaign trail these past couple months; I think he knew he was in trouble:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politi ... 890480002/

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 895349002/

How could one be SO SLOPPY as to not gather enough valid signatures by the stated deadline??? Good grief.

The good news - looks like Perry Johnson may have too few signatures as well. Gee, isn't he a self-professed "quality guru" ? Looks like he did a piss poor job overseeing signature collection efforts on his behalf. The guy probably couldn't run a lemonade stand.

With Trump saying nice things about Tudor Dixon at his recent Macomb County rally and with the DeVos family now throwing their financial backing behind Dixon, it appears to me she is well positioned to emerge as a consensus candidate of sorts. She may be best positioned to pick up votes that would have otherwise gone to James Craig.

Graham Wellington

Re: Looks like James Craig's gubernatorial bid is dead

Post by Graham Wellington » Tue May 24, 2022 12:06 pm

Well that is one way to help clear out some of the clowns. I'm really surprised about Craig. However, if he can't even build a team capable of getting him on the ballot, it's best he doesn't have the chance to run our state.

Perry Johnson freaks me out. Seems like he is a corpse, or maybe an alien.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 24, 2022 12:25 pm

This whole thing smells of political operative skullduggery.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 24, 2022 12:29 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 12:25 pm
This whole thing smells of political operative skullduggery.
Whitmer used that illegally raised recall money to pay for the shenanigans.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 24, 2022 1:51 pm

One of the petition signature gathering firm's top executive is a convicted felon.

I doubt Whitmer had anything to do with this. I think people involved in the signature collection process were falsifying signatures to avoid having to do real work.

The lack of adequate vetting or oversight by the affected candidates' top campaign officials is remarkable.

Those engaged in falsification should be criminally prosecuted.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed May 25, 2022 12:59 am

I hope James Graig can still be on the primary ballot I wonder if James will take this to court to get on the ballot? Glad Perry Johnson is gone I thought he was a long shot I don't see any more ads from him. I like Dixon if James isn't on the ballot I'll be voting for her I think she can beat Whitmer in Nov.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed May 25, 2022 6:52 am

I would be surprised if the Craig campaign does not seek judicial relief.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Wed May 25, 2022 10:08 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:52 am
I would be surprised if the Craig campaign does not seek judicial relief.
From what I'm reading here and elsewhere, he's done. He just didn't get enough valid signatures. If it does go to court, the only winners are the barristers who encouraged him to fight it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:14 am

The Court of Claims has ruled against James Craig, Perry Johnson, and a couple no-name candidates.

Unless the Supreme Court steps in today, neither will appear on primary ballots.

I have little sympathy for these candidates. They should have performed greater due diligence on the signature gatherers and perhaps should've went door to door themselves - or enlisted family members and friends - to gather petition signatures on their behalf. To rely on total strangers reeks of laziness.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:44 pm

I agree with MW about lack of sympathy.
It's too bad because I would have given serious consideration to voting for Craig in November if he got that far.

Just like you're taxes you are responsible for what you turn in even if someone else did it on your behalf.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:25 am

I love how these idiots all claim these liberal insurgents hijacked their campaigns through fake signature collections.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:02 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:25 am
I love how these idiots all claim these liberal insurgents hijacked their campaigns through fake signature collections.
Interesting that you're shitting on these 18 individuals statewide for being incompetent at collecting signatures, but you're not shitting on Whitmer, Benson, or Nessel for being incompetent at their current jobs.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:31 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:02 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:25 am
Interesting that you're shitting on these 18 individuals statewide for being incompetent at collecting signatures, but you're not shitting on Whitmer, Benson, or Nessel for being incompetent at their current jobs.
Because they aren’t. Yet, I don’t expect Gretchen to be re-elected due to Biden’s bad economy. That’s why I am going to vote for the least evil Republican in the primary. Was going to vote for Rinke but then found out he had it in for trans kids. Probably going to vote for Soldano after Markey got kicked off the ballot.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:00 pm

Where is The Price is Right FAIL sound effect when ya need it?

I'd be posting that audio clip in honor of James Craig and Perry Johnson right now if I could find it!

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 496059001/

I will probably support Dixon in the primary.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:56 pm

Craig and Johnson never had any signs out. I've seen a lot of signs for Garrett Soldano and Ryan Kelley, as well as at least one Tudor Dixon sign

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic