Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit Pistons 2021/22

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Detroit Pistons 2021/22

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:31 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:56 pm
While the passage quoted is much too syrupy for my taste, I do agree with the notion that there is optimism regarding the future.

Whether they made the playoffs and got swept or failed to make the playoffs entirely, the bottom line is the team has sucked ass for nearly all of the past 14 years.
I loved watching the Bucks Friday night. The Pistons won’t be beating anyone scoring 8 points in the first quarter.

Bey has some good potential as evidenced by the last few months, but the rest of the team is pretty bad.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:35 pm

Kudos to the Pistons coaching staff for doing the right thing this past week by sitting or scratching many of the better players on the team to bring extended minutes for bench and two way players. A perfect end to the season for those of us who want draft lottery odds maximized! :)

P.S...Luka Garza deserves a main roster spot next season.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:48 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:35 pm
Kudos to the Pistons coaching staff for doing the right thing this past week by sitting or scratching many of the better players on the team to bring extended minutes for bench and two way players. A perfect end to the season for those of us who want draft lottery odds maximized! :)

Tank away. The Pistons are becoming the Lions of the NBA. I will stay rooting for Jon Horst, my fellow RC/RU alum and GM of the Bucks.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:25 pm

Nah. The Sacramento Kings are the Lions of the NBA.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:27 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:35 pm
I'd certainly like to see his fire in regular rotation, but he's still a "minus" player, especially on defense. Again, it's hard to draw conclusions from such a small sample size in a rookie campaign. I've liked what I've seen recently from the likes of Hayes and Livers.

If the Pistons draft Holmgren of Gonzaga we may finally get the height and rim protection the team's been lacking; he can also hit from outside. His reedy build is rightly a concern. Right now, there seems to be a lot of interchangeable parts on the team. I'm not sure if Smith or Banchero would add anything unless Grant goes.

First things first, win the lottery.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed May 18, 2022 12:02 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:27 am
If the Pistons draft Holmgren of Gonzaga we may finally get the height and rim protection the team's been lacking; he can also hit from outside. His reedy build is rightly a concern. Right now, there seems to be a lot of interchangeable parts on the team. I'm not sure if Smith or Banchero would add anything unless Grant goes.

First things first, win the lottery.
So much for winning the lottery. :? :rolleyes
I'm not sad nor surprised because all the past Pistons championship teams were built around grit, team play, defense, and one or two reclamation projects, not by accumulating high drafted superstar rookies. I'm sure Weaver can find a good fit at #5.

One such reclamation project, Marvin Bagley III, may become a priority signing this off-season. The team needs his height.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed May 18, 2022 12:31 pm

Draft is pretty deep this year. Would've preferred a top 3 pick obviously, but Pistons should still be able to find a talented player.

NBA Rookie of the Year, Scottie Barnes, was drafted fourth last year. Some draft boards had him going lower in the draft - such as to Orlando.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic