Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

“Don’t Say Gay”

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: “Don’t Say Gay”

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:19 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:16 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:09 am
Teachers have a duty to teach kids.
km1125 wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:39 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:12 pm
...the role of education is to support the preparation and development of good ...
..."citizens" or ...."subjects" ??

:D
KM's response, as sarcastic as it was, perfectly illustrates my problem here. It isn't teachers teaching. It is the government indoctrinating. And yes, both the left and the right are guilty of this. Maybe even equally so. Ultimately I would have no problem whatsoever if (at least the federal) government completely got out of the business of education.
I am glad you are being honest that you support a complete and total corporate takeover of this country. A lot of CONS dance around this, so I genuinely appreciate your transparency.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

G G

Post by G G » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:12 pm

There is a double standard here. On one hand, the WXYZ people want people to know more about them and their history, but they don't want to talk about the whole truth. For example:
This is the report we published in October 2017. Since that time the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) have confirmed by Freedom of Information requests that 60 of the 125 transgender prisoners known to be in prison in England and Wales are convicted sex offenders.

Some claim that the figure of 125 trans prisoners is too low, because the MoJ does not count prisoners on short sentences, people with a Gender Recognition certificate or people who do not declare they are trans. They say 60 sex offenders does not represent half of the trans population in prison, it’s a much smaller fraction.

However, based on official MoJ statistics we know that only 4% of male prisoners are on sentences of less than 6 months. Only 1% of the transgender population has legally transitioned with a GRC. Therefore the number of uncounted trans prisoners is only likely to represent an additional 5% increasing the total to 132. This has no meaningful impact on the overall conclusions.

If these 60 sex offenders all transferred into women’s prisons this would increase the total sex offender population by a further 50%, meaning that this would result in 1 in 3 sex offenders in the women’s prison having been born male. This is a problem that cannot be ignored.
https://fairplayforwomen.com/transgender-prisoners/
It appears that at least a third of all the reported child molestations involve homosexual acts, while girls account for about two-thirds of children victimized. Those who practice homosexual acts are at least 12 times more apt to molest a child sexually, and with suitable corrections for bisexuals (who molest both genders), probably at least 16 times more apt to molest a child.
https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-libra ... -and-pupil

Schools want to teach that these people are normal and not mentally ill. That is a problem. Meanwhile, they will teach that the heritage of people is about hate.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:25 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:16 am
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:09 am
Teachers have a duty to teach kids.
km1125 wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:39 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:12 pm
...the role of education is to support the preparation and development of good ...
..."citizens" or ...."subjects" ??

:D
KM's response, as sarcastic as it was, perfectly illustrates my problem here. It isn't teachers teaching. It is the government indoctrinating. And yes, both the left and the right are guilty of this. Maybe even equally so. Ultimately I would have no problem whatsoever if (at least the federal) government completely got out of the business of education.
So that a private group of people can indoctrinate their own thing into children?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:44 am

My kids were part of the gay/straight alliance at school. This group conducted most of the conversations about sexual orientation. Sex ed classes also taught much of the nuts and bolts of the topic (once we pushed the religious zealots off the committee).

The gay prom in Traverse City is one of the biggest in Michigan. It's more popular than the school sponsored event, and is better supported by community.

I agree that the schools have little to do with teaching the culture of lgbtqr+ but they absolutely must allow student and community organizations to do this important work.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:09 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:44 am
My kids were part of the gay/straight alliance at school. This group conducted most of the conversations about sexual orientation. Sex ed classes also taught much of the nuts and bolts of the topic (once we pushed the religious zealots off the committee).

The gay prom in Traverse City is one of the biggest in Michigan. It's more popular than the school sponsored event, and is better supported by community.

I agree that the schools have little to do with teaching the culture of lgbtqr+ but they absolutely must allow student and community organizations to do this important work.
This is essentially a freedom of speech issue for children to be who they are. It sure as hell isn't sexual. Being LGBT is much more than sex acts. It is an entire cultural identity in our society. We have faced problems straight people will never fully understand.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:19 am

While that is certainly true, you should never fall into the Trap of victimhood.

Any experience in this country has an element of you finding your tribe. Whether it is your race, your faith, your orientation. The only ones with problems in this country are the ones who feel that their perspective is the only perspective that defines the country. I tend to laugh because they're all in their sixties by now they'll be dead soon. This board is a classic example of a collection of outliers. You can't really take what you read here to be true because most of like conservatives are frustrated but they've already lost the culture War where they live so they come here to complain.

But what it does mean is that you might need to move to a place that is much more supportive of your lifestyle. New York, and many large cities certainly are, because there is more and better educationed people in most of those larger communities. Detroit is generally regarded as a rust belt city that has a misplaced esteem for itself.

That's why you see the lowly educated fight to keep their schools from advancing in rural areas. That's why you also see high unemployment and those areas similar to the uneducated parts of Detroit.

So you have a choice to stay where you are and complain or move where the community is better and find your way.
― Matt

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:44 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:19 am
While that is certainly true, you should never fall into the Trap of victimhood.

Any experience in this country has an element of you finding your tribe. Whether it is your race, your faith, your orientation. The only ones with problems in this country are the ones who feel that their perspective is the only perspective that defines the country. I tend to laugh because they're all in their sixties by now they'll be dead soon. This board is a classic example of a collection of outliers. You can't really take what you read here to be true because most of like conservatives are frustrated but they've already lost the culture War where they live so they come here to complain.

But what it does mean is that you might need to move to a place that is much more supportive of your lifestyle. New York, and many large cities certainly are, because there is more and better educationed people in most of those larger communities. Detroit is generally regarded as a rust belt city that has a misplaced esteem for itself.

That's why you see the lowly educated fight to keep their schools from advancing in rural areas. That's why you also see high unemployment and those areas similar to the uneducated parts of Detroit.

So you have a choice to stay where you are and complain or move where the community is better and find your way.
I am certainly not trying to make myself the victim. I only can fight for the children to be who they want to be. I went to a Christian school in the 90s and early 2000s. Wasn't much difference between that and a public school in the 80s. "Don't say gay" (except in a negative way) was the law of the land there. My Bible teacher compared those of us who were LGBT to pedophiles(sound familiar?) and spent an entire week on that. It gave me severe depression when I was there.

The school doubled down on its far right policies in 2012 by REQUIRING students to out their LGBT classmates to staff so that the parents could know. At that point, I stopped even considering giving to them.

They closed up shop in 2018 due to sharply down enrollment because of their draconian policies. Begrudgingly, I attended the final school memorial ceremony as it was a part of my life from 1991 to 2002. They were spouting some of the same anti immigrant bigotry and Trumpism seen here often. It was sad but nice to see some familiar faces of fellow alumni.

Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:15 am

TC Talks wrote:
...once we pushed the religious zealots off the committee...
Your bigotry shines through once again.

I appreciate that at least you're being open and honest about your hate as opposed to many on the left who try to hide it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:17 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:25 am
So that a private group of people can indoctrinate their own thing into children?
In my view, it is ultimately up to the parents to decide how their children should be educated. With government school, and especially in areas where vouchers are banned, many parents have one and only one option - government school.

At a bare minimum, I believe that vouchers should be legal nationwide and that a parent should at least have the choice to send their children to a competing private school.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:20 am

Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:19 am
I am glad you are being honest that you support a complete and total corporate takeover of this country. A lot of CONS dance around this, so I genuinely appreciate your transparency.
Let's be clear here. I support limited government - and certainly less government than what we have today. Too many people place so little value on freedom, and others don't even know what freedom means.

That said, I have no problem with checks and balances against monopolies. For instance, I believe that Facebook and Amazon have both gotten too large for their own good, and I would have no problem with the feds breaking them both up into smaller companies. Also, more often than not, I'm not fan of corporate mergers or of large companies buying up smaller ones in large numbers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:26 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:20 am
Let's be clear here. I support limited government - and certainly less government than what we have today. Too many people place so little value on freedom, and others don't even know what freedom means.

That said, I have no problem with checks and balances against monopolies. For instance, I believe that Facebook and Amazon have both gotten too large for their own good, and I would have no problem with the feds breaking them both up into smaller companies. Also, more often than not, I'm not fan of corporate mergers or of large companies buying up smaller ones in large numbers.
I would be in favor of forcibly breaking up large companies into several pieces so that each industry has 10 or so competitors and then make mergers as odious as possible. The only upside to a merger is somebody’s bottom line. Workers are let go, customer service suffers as individual customers become less important to an ever larger organization. The whole thing sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:56 am

Can I say Homosexual instead?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:00 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:26 am
bmw wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:20 am

I would be in favor of forcibly breaking up large companies into several pieces so that each industry has 10 or so competitors and then make mergers as odious as possible. The only upside to a merger is somebody’s bottom line. Workers are let go, customer service suffers as individual customers become less important to an ever larger organization. The whole thing sucks.
Ten is a pretty extreme number and would probably work against the consumer, but I see what you are getting at. Current antitrust laws are sorta topsy-turvy, but I frankly think the problem with Facebook boils down to the users, not the company. The company does do unethical things like manipulating what people see and such, but the fact of the matter is that no one needs fucking facebook. Perhaps this is my personal bias, to be honest, sitting here writing this, I think it probably is my personal bias talking, but with something as unnecessary as social media, I think we sometimes expect too much regulation and control over these companies.

People use the damn thing to shout at other people about how they are smarter than them and to post goofy memes to back it up. They also use it to DM dick pics to unsuspecting strangers at 3am. People should NOT NOT NOT be using Facebook as a source of information for anything and its a shame that we consider legislation to protect people from themselves with this goofy computer nonsense. Full disclosure, I have never used Facebook for myself and only have a profile I use to join goofy groups that I suspect will have people saying amusing stuff. I don't even understand how breaking Facebook up into 10 Facebooks would work. People would just create profiles across several of them, then migrate to Facebook instances where people are more aligned with their personal prejudices, so you would like have "conservative Facebook", "liberal Facebook", "pervert Facebook", etc.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:40 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:15 am
TC Talks wrote:

I appreciate that at least you're being open and honest about your hate as opposed to many on the left who try to hide it.
Nope, I am about separation of church and state. I'm not a Catholic and I don't want the Catholic dogma in my sex ed classes. They have schools where they can attend and teach abstinence.

And just because I think it would add to the conversation, I also enjoy it when slush sprays all over the Catholic abortion protesters marching in front of our local Planned Parenthood. They're just another scorge on society.

Anyone who follows the direction of child rapers really gets no Grace for me.
― Matt

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:55 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:40 pm
bmw wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:15 am
TC Talks wrote:

Nope, I am about separation of church and state. I'm not a Catholic and I don't want the Catholic dogma in my sex ed classes. They have schools where they can attend and teach abstinence.

And just because I think it would add to the conversation, I also enjoy it when slush sprays all over the Catholic abortion protesters marching in front of our local Planned Parenthood. They're just another scorge on society.

Anyone who follows the direction of child rapers really gets no Grace for me.
Amen to this!

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic