Is it possible that the patriot has hired Martin and put him in charge of the podcasts.That would explain the screw ups.uncleb67 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:00 amI just tried to listen to this podcast of the 12/26 show, as well. For the second week in a row, there is a posting “malfunction”. I wonder if Ron-O finds out, “heads will roll” or he’ll go on diatribe about this “Mickey Mouse” station. Alas, it has something to do with the mystical, magical Internet, so it’s off Ron’s radar.ShempLives wrote: ↑Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:23 pm A caveat for those of us who like to listen to WDTK's podcasts of Ron's shows: While the WDTK website shows podcasts for the December 26, 2021 broadcast, they're not of Ron's show. The "third hour" podcast is a repeat of a Labor Day(!) show of another host. More confusion from WDTK.
All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms
Thank you!
Thank you!
Ron Cameron
Re: Ron Cameron
-
radiofan1974
- Posts: 5902
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm
Re: Ron Cameron
I have noticed that the Twitter postings have appeared to remain the same in writings. And I think it’s safe to assume that Ron is not making the postsKidcat wrote: ↑Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:01 amIs it possible that the patriot has hired Martin and put him in charge of the podcasts.That would explain the screw ups.uncleb67 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:00 amI just tried to listen to this podcast of the 12/26 show, as well. For the second week in a row, there is a posting “malfunction”. I wonder if Ron-O finds out, “heads will roll” or he’ll go on diatribe about this “Mickey Mouse” station. Alas, it has something to do with the mystical, magical Internet, so it’s off Ron’s radar.ShempLives wrote: ↑Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:23 pm A caveat for those of us who like to listen to WDTK's podcasts of Ron's shows: While the WDTK website shows podcasts for the December 26, 2021 broadcast, they're not of Ron's show. The "third hour" podcast is a repeat of a Labor Day(!) show of another host. More confusion from WDTK.
Re: Ron Cameron
Some of it's probably automated. There's a pattern of three sports news headlines in one tweet.radiofan1974 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:49 pmI have noticed that the Twitter postings have appeared to remain the same in writings. And I think it’s safe to assume that Ron is not making the postsKidcat wrote: ↑Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:01 amIs it possible that the patriot has hired Martin and put him in charge of the podcasts.That would explain the screw ups.uncleb67 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:00 amI just tried to listen to this podcast of the 12/26 show, as well. For the second week in a row, there is a posting “malfunction”. I wonder if Ron-O finds out, “heads will roll” or he’ll go on diatribe about this “Mickey Mouse” station. Alas, it has something to do with the mystical, magical Internet, so it’s off Ron’s radar.ShempLives wrote: ↑Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:23 pm A caveat for those of us who like to listen to WDTK's podcasts of Ron's shows: While the WDTK website shows podcasts for the December 26, 2021 broadcast, they're not of Ron's show. The "third hour" podcast is a repeat of a Labor Day(!) show of another host. More confusion from WDTK.
Re: Ron Cameron
For some reason, I'm reminded of one of my favorite scenes - set in Diane's home - from Cheers (sorry, I wasn't able to find video):Bobbert wrote: ↑Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:13 pmThanks for the suggestion but I've listened to Ron long enough to know that I'd never want to work with him.Momo wrote: ↑Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:28 am With a published author as a regular guest, one would think that a serious (as if) Ron would be talking to & about Rich Kincaide - not Ted Kulfan - to help him write his long-promised memoirs. But since that hasn't been discussed, & the Kulfan project dead in the water, it is YOU, Bobbert, with your background, who would seem to be ideally suited for the task.
Sam Malone: Come on, let's do it. Let's go get a Justice of the Peace.
Diane Chambers: Better yet, let's wed at Cheers.
Sam Malone: The bar?
Diane Chambers: It's ideal. Right there in front of our dearest friends who've been witness to our love, seen the good times and the bad times, shared our joys and sorrows, how perfect. Those dear souls will share our moment of ultimate joy.
Sam Malone: Better still, why don't we have them over right here? We'll do it right here.
Diane Chambers: [screws up her face] Oh, I don't want those people in my house.
Re: Ron Cameron
That reminds me of the time I actually socialized with Ron.Momo wrote: ↑Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:37 pmFor some reason, I'm reminded of one of my favorite scenes - set in Diane's home - from Cheers (sorry, I wasn't able to find video):Bobbert wrote: ↑Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:13 pmThanks for the suggestion but I've listened to Ron long enough to know that I'd never want to work with him.Momo wrote: ↑Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:28 am With a published author as a regular guest, one would think that a serious (as if) Ron would be talking to & about Rich Kincaide - not Ted Kulfan - to help him write his long-promised memoirs. But since that hasn't been discussed, & the Kulfan project dead in the water, it is YOU, Bobbert, with your background, who would seem to be ideally suited for the task.
Sam Malone: Come on, let's do it. Let's go get a Justice of the Peace.
Diane Chambers: Better yet, let's wed at Cheers.
Sam Malone: The bar?
Diane Chambers: It's ideal. Right there in front of our dearest friends who've been witness to our love, seen the good times and the bad times, shared our joys and sorrows, how perfect. Those dear souls will share our moment of ultimate joy.
Sam Malone: Better still, why don't we have them over right here? We'll do it right here.
Diane Chambers: [screws up her face] Oh, I don't want those people in my house.
It was 37 years ago tomorrow night (New Year's Eve). I stopped in his bar on Grand River near Outer Drive at around 10 p.m. There were about 5-10 people in the bar, including a young boxer whom Ron had "adopted" at a time when Ron thought he was some kind of "player" in the local boxing scene.
A memorable part of the night was Ron's X-rated sports commentary. Somebody asked him what he thought about Dave Rozema and Kirk Gibson, members of the recent World Champion Detroit Tigers. "They're bleeping each other's bleeps!" shouted Ron. He also had some choice words about Kelly Tripucka of the Detroit Pistons.
About 11 p.m., Ron tried to call Tim McCormick on the west coast to wish him a Happy New Year. A few years earlier, Ron had helped McCormick (who played high school and college basketball in Michigan) recover from an injury. At the time, McCormick was playing for the Seattle SuperSonics.
At midnight, Ron treated everyone in the bar to free drinks. When it was time to close, he shook everyone's hand on the way out and wished us a Happy New Year.
Re: Ron Cameron
Ron, keeping it classy for decades.
Re: Ron Cameron
10 PM on New Years Eve and only 10 people in Ron’s bar. Sounds about right.
Re: Ron Cameron
About 11 p.m., Ron tried to call Tim McCormick on the west coast to wish him a Happy New Year. A few years earlier, Ron had helped McCormick (who played high school and college basketball in Michigan) recover from an injury.
So can we add physical therapist to the list of Ron’s entrepreneurial talents?
Re: Ron Cameron
Is Ron frantically scrapping his plans so that he devote his Sunday show to a Golden Girls tribute in memory of Betty White? Maybe he can get Rob Parker as a guest.
Re: Ron Cameron
His tribute will probably go something like this:
In 1985, Betty started acting in The Golden Girls. That year, I was hosting a radio show on WCAR, hosting the Sports View Today television show with Bob Page, and probably opening a new restaurant (I forget which one).
The Golden Girls ran from 1985 to 1992, which is about the same time that I published Sports Fans Journal. That magazine ran from 1986 to 1990, and included columns by <list of sports figures who might or might not have contributed to the magazine>.
Re: Ron Cameron
Now that he's best buddies with the Oakland County Medical Examiner—because of a short office conversation—maybe Ron can use his physical therapy experience to add to the money that he's saving for the restaurant that he's going to buy next week.Majik wrote: ↑Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:59 amAbout 11 p.m., Ron tried to call Tim McCormick on the west coast to wish him a Happy New Year. A few years earlier, Ron had helped McCormick (who played high school and college basketball in Michigan) recover from an injury.
So can we add physical therapist to the list of Ron’s entrepreneurial talents?
-
radiofan1974
- Posts: 5902
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm
Re: Ron Cameron
Don’t forget to tie in Rons insistence on Bea Arthur being a manBobbert wrote: ↑Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:40 amHis tribute will probably go something like this:
In 1985, Betty started acting in The Golden Girls. That year, I was hosting a radio show on WCAR, hosting the Sports View Today television show with Bob Page, and probably opening a new restaurant (I forget which one).
The Golden Girls ran from 1985 to 1992, which is about the same time that I published Sports Fans Journal. That magazine ran from 1986 to 1990, and included columns by <list of sports figures who might or might not have contributed to the magazine>.
Re: Ron Cameron
Ron's previewing Ray Scott's upcoming appearance led, naturally, to his mentioning of the JFK assassination. His failure to know the year - stating it was "1964" (meaning it must've been the LBJ assassination!) - prompted me to wonder if he could even pin down the famous date ('it was during the NBA season, that I do know') & brought to mind this SNL skit (again, sorry for the lack of an available video) on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the assassination:
The Forum
Phil Kubec…..Joe Piscopo
Tom LaPorte…..Jim Belushi
Carol Halpin…..Robin Duke
Third Guest…..Tim Kazurinsky
Phil Kubec: Good evening! I’m Phil Kubec, welcome to “The Forum”. This week marks the 20th anniversary of the death of John F. Kennedy. I suppose every American remembers where they were and what they were doing when they heard that the President had been shot. Now, this week we have asked three Americans, chosen completely at random, to come on the show and tell us their stories. What is your name, Sir?
Tom LaPorte: Uh, Tom LaPorte.
Phil Kubec: Okay, Tom. Do you remember where you were when you heard that Kennedy was dead?
Tom LaPorte: I sure do, Phil. I’ll never forget it. I was a freshman at Boston University at the time, and I remember walking across the Commons to go to class, and I heard a couple of guys talking. They were talking..
Phil Kubec: [ interrupting ] Whoa, whoa, whoa.. hold on a second. How old are you?
Tom LaPorte: I’m 29.
Phil Kubec: Mmm-hmm.
Tom LaPorte: So, anyhow, I was walking across the Commons, right? And I heard these two guys..
Phil Kubec: I..I’m sorry, Tom. I don’t mean to interrupt you again. You were 9 years old, and you were a freshman at Boston University?
Tom LaPorte: No, no, no, I was 18. Anyhow, I was walking across campus, and I saw these two guys talking..
Phil Kubec: Hold on, Tom. Again, I’m sorry. Let me get this straight – you didn’t know that President Kennedy had been shot for nine years?
Tom LaPorte: Well, Phil, you know, I was never really big, you know, on current events..
Phil Kubec: We’re talking about the President getting shot, here! I mean, the President of the United States! How could you have missed it?
Tom LaPorte: Well, you know.. I usually turn to the Sports page first. I like to catch that first..
Phil Kubec: [ exasperated ] The Sports page?! This was one of the biggest stories of the decade!
Tom LaPorte: Well, maybe it was a big story in Dallas, but..
Phil Kubec: This was not a local story! I can’t believe this! Have you ever heard anything so stupid in your life?
Tom LaPorte: [ defensive ] Yeah, well, I’m sure I know a lot more about sports than you do!
Phil Kubec: Fine! Fine! [ turning to the next guest ] Uh, what’s your name, please?
Carol Halpin: Carol Halpin.
Tom LaPorte: Tell me, Carol, how did you first hear that President Kennedy had been shot?
Phil Kubec: Well, Phil, this is a little embarassing, considering what transpired here.. but, uh.. he told me. [ indicates Tom ]
Phil Kubec: What?!
Carol Halpin: Backstage. Just before the show.
Phil Kubec: You mean, you didn’t know about the Kennedy thing until tonight?!
Tom LaPorte: [ laughing proudly ] What a dork, Phil!
Phil Kubec: Have you people been in a coma, or what?
Carol Halpin: Well, I.. I must have been watching another channel..
Phil Kubec: [ outraged ] Another channel?! It was on all the channels! He was the President, for God’s sake! Everybody on Earth knew about it the day it happened, except for you two people sitting right here!!
Third Guest: Uh, excuse me. Are you people talking about President Kennedy?
Phil Kubec: Yes!
Third Guest: Oh, what. Did something happen?
Carol Halpin: He’s.. he’s been shot.
Third Guest: Oh, no! No! No, he’s been shot! [ starts weeping ]
Phil Kubec: [ disgusted ] That’s it for me. Join us next week on “The Forum”, when our guest will be Neil Armstrong, the first man on the moon.
Tom LaPorte: [ intrigued ] Wait a minute.. you mean, there’s Americans.. on the moon?
Phil Kubec: [ angry ] Yes!
Tom LaPorte: [ excited ] Alright! [ turns to Carol ] Give me five! I can’t believe it! On the moon!
https://snltranscripts.jt.org/83/83fforum.phtml
The Forum
Phil Kubec…..Joe Piscopo
Tom LaPorte…..Jim Belushi
Carol Halpin…..Robin Duke
Third Guest…..Tim Kazurinsky
Phil Kubec: Good evening! I’m Phil Kubec, welcome to “The Forum”. This week marks the 20th anniversary of the death of John F. Kennedy. I suppose every American remembers where they were and what they were doing when they heard that the President had been shot. Now, this week we have asked three Americans, chosen completely at random, to come on the show and tell us their stories. What is your name, Sir?
Tom LaPorte: Uh, Tom LaPorte.
Phil Kubec: Okay, Tom. Do you remember where you were when you heard that Kennedy was dead?
Tom LaPorte: I sure do, Phil. I’ll never forget it. I was a freshman at Boston University at the time, and I remember walking across the Commons to go to class, and I heard a couple of guys talking. They were talking..
Phil Kubec: [ interrupting ] Whoa, whoa, whoa.. hold on a second. How old are you?
Tom LaPorte: I’m 29.
Phil Kubec: Mmm-hmm.
Tom LaPorte: So, anyhow, I was walking across the Commons, right? And I heard these two guys..
Phil Kubec: I..I’m sorry, Tom. I don’t mean to interrupt you again. You were 9 years old, and you were a freshman at Boston University?
Tom LaPorte: No, no, no, I was 18. Anyhow, I was walking across campus, and I saw these two guys talking..
Phil Kubec: Hold on, Tom. Again, I’m sorry. Let me get this straight – you didn’t know that President Kennedy had been shot for nine years?
Tom LaPorte: Well, Phil, you know, I was never really big, you know, on current events..
Phil Kubec: We’re talking about the President getting shot, here! I mean, the President of the United States! How could you have missed it?
Tom LaPorte: Well, you know.. I usually turn to the Sports page first. I like to catch that first..
Phil Kubec: [ exasperated ] The Sports page?! This was one of the biggest stories of the decade!
Tom LaPorte: Well, maybe it was a big story in Dallas, but..
Phil Kubec: This was not a local story! I can’t believe this! Have you ever heard anything so stupid in your life?
Tom LaPorte: [ defensive ] Yeah, well, I’m sure I know a lot more about sports than you do!
Phil Kubec: Fine! Fine! [ turning to the next guest ] Uh, what’s your name, please?
Carol Halpin: Carol Halpin.
Tom LaPorte: Tell me, Carol, how did you first hear that President Kennedy had been shot?
Phil Kubec: Well, Phil, this is a little embarassing, considering what transpired here.. but, uh.. he told me. [ indicates Tom ]
Phil Kubec: What?!
Carol Halpin: Backstage. Just before the show.
Phil Kubec: You mean, you didn’t know about the Kennedy thing until tonight?!
Tom LaPorte: [ laughing proudly ] What a dork, Phil!
Phil Kubec: Have you people been in a coma, or what?
Carol Halpin: Well, I.. I must have been watching another channel..
Phil Kubec: [ outraged ] Another channel?! It was on all the channels! He was the President, for God’s sake! Everybody on Earth knew about it the day it happened, except for you two people sitting right here!!
Third Guest: Uh, excuse me. Are you people talking about President Kennedy?
Phil Kubec: Yes!
Third Guest: Oh, what. Did something happen?
Carol Halpin: He’s.. he’s been shot.
Third Guest: Oh, no! No! No, he’s been shot! [ starts weeping ]
Phil Kubec: [ disgusted ] That’s it for me. Join us next week on “The Forum”, when our guest will be Neil Armstrong, the first man on the moon.
Tom LaPorte: [ intrigued ] Wait a minute.. you mean, there’s Americans.. on the moon?
Phil Kubec: [ angry ] Yes!
Tom LaPorte: [ excited ] Alright! [ turns to Carol ] Give me five! I can’t believe it! On the moon!
https://snltranscripts.jt.org/83/83fforum.phtml