Has anyone ever asked Kincaide an obvious question: When is he going to write "The Gods of Joe Louis Arena"? The 2001-2002 roster alone would be enough for a book.
All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms
Thank you!
Thank you!
Ron Cameron
Re: Ron Cameron
Re: Ron Cameron
Why do guys like Rich Kincaide and that Mark guy from the old Parker and the man show bother going on Ron's show? Very few listeners and the show is all about Ron.I don't get it.Seems like it would be a waste of 3 hours.
Re: Ron Cameron
It would be interesting to know how many more books Rich has sold since he's become a regular guest. Considering the size of Ron's audience, I can't believe it's many.
-
Mr.Transistor
- Posts: 1461
- Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am
Re: Ron Cameron
Rich seems to have buddied up to Ron. Both guys seemed to have been burned or outcasted by the mainstream sports media in this town and both seem to have a common arch enemy in Frank Beckman. Mark Wilson, I really don't get why he wastes 3 hours with Ron when he comes on. The only thing I can think of is he wants back in this town/market and feels like he can stay in tune with the goings on in the Detroit sportsworld.
I'm really surprised I never heard anything on the show as to why Ron suddenly was back on the air last night unlike his previous announcement that he was off. Maybe I missed that maybe not as Ron is terrible at introductions, explanations, or goodbyes.
Re: Ron Cameron
At the start of the show, Ron said he got a call from the station - maybe as late as yesterday - asking him if he wanted to do his show. The power of this Board!Mr.Transistor wrote: ↑Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:54 pm I'm really surprised I never heard anything on the show as to why Ron suddenly was back on the air last night unlike his previous announcement that he was off. Maybe I missed that maybe not as Ron is terrible at introductions, explanations, or goodbyes.
Re: Ron Cameron
Thanks Mr.Transistor.Makes sense.Mark Wilson has the talent to work in this market again.I hope he is not wasting his career holding on hope get the same break that Rob Parker got.It will never happen.Mr.Transistor wrote: ↑Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:54 pmRich seems to have buddied up to Ron. Both guys seemed to have been burned or outcasted by the mainstream sports media in this town and both seem to have a common arch enemy in Frank Beckman. Mark Wilson, I really don't get why he wastes 3 hours with Ron when he comes on. The only thing I can think of is he wants back in this town/market and feels like he can stay in tune with the goings on in the Detroit sportsworld.
I'm really surprised I never heard anything on the show as to why Ron suddenly was back on the air last night unlike his previous announcement that he was off. Maybe I missed that maybe not as Ron is terrible at introductions, explanations, or goodbyes.
-
radiofan1974
- Posts: 5902
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm
Re: Ron Cameron
And if you remember he did not sound to thrilled being on. I just happened to check to see that they would play at that timeMomo wrote: ↑Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:41 pmAt the start of the show, Ron said he got a call from the station - maybe as late as yesterday - asking him if he wanted to do his show. The power of this Board!Mr.Transistor wrote: ↑Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:54 pm I'm really surprised I never heard anything on the show as to why Ron suddenly was back on the air last night unlike his previous announcement that he was off. Maybe I missed that maybe not as Ron is terrible at introductions, explanations, or goodbyes.
Re: Ron Cameron
I'm sure it's partly an ego thing. I've self-published a couple of books that didn't earn me much money, but they're always fun to talk about.
Re: Ron Cameron
With a published author as a regular guest, one would think that a serious (as if) Ron would be talking to & about Rich Kincaide - not Ted Kulfan - to help him write his long-promised memoirs. But since that hasn't been discussed, & the Kulfan project dead in the water, it is YOU, Bobbert, with your background, who would seem to be ideally suited for the task.
Re: Ron Cameron
Thanks for the suggestion but I've listened to Ron long enough to know that I'd never want to work with him. One of these days I will send an e-mail to Ted Kulfan and George Eichorn (who wrote Detroit's Sports Broadcasters: On the Air) about the Wikipedia page. Maybe that would help them start a book writing project. Their names would carry much more weight than mine on the cover, and they would know how best to deal with the biggest challenge of a Ron Cameron biography—how to avoid libel lawsuits.Momo wrote: ↑Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:28 am With a published author as a regular guest, one would think that a serious (as if) Ron would be talking to & about Rich Kincaide - not Ted Kulfan - to help him write his long-promised memoirs. But since that hasn't been discussed, & the Kulfan project dead in the water, it is YOU, Bobbert, with your background, who would seem to be ideally suited for the task.
-
ShempLives
- Posts: 288
- Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:08 am
Re: Ron Cameron
A caveat for those of us who like to listen to WDTK's podcasts of Ron's shows: While the WDTK website shows podcasts for the December 26, 2021 broadcast, they're not of Ron's show. The "third hour" podcast is a repeat of a Labor Day(!) show of another host. More confusion from WDTK.
Re: Ron Cameron
I found it funny that Kincaid and Ron both claimed that they've never listened to 97.1 "for a second," not even to hear the Lions or Red Wings games. Both somehow know for certain that the afternoon guy over there is an obnoxious jerk.
Re: Ron Cameron
Maybe the fact they don’t monitor the competition is why they can only be found on hamster wheel powered stations.
Re: Ron Cameron
I just tried to listen to this podcast of the 12/26 show, as well. For the second week in a row, there is a posting “malfunction”. I wonder if Ron-O finds out, “heads will roll” or he’ll go on diatribe about this “Mickey Mouse” station. Alas, it has something to do with the mystical, magical Internet, so it’s off Ron’s radar.ShempLives wrote: ↑Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:23 pm A caveat for those of us who like to listen to WDTK's podcasts of Ron's shows: While the WDTK website shows podcasts for the December 26, 2021 broadcast, they're not of Ron's show. The "third hour" podcast is a repeat of a Labor Day(!) show of another host. More confusion from WDTK.