Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:43 pm

I failed to comment on Ron saying Terry Foster hadn't been on for so long (reviewing this thread, it was the end of September, 2020, so not quite the 2 years Ron said) because he lost his number. I just don't know how someone can consistently have such butterfingers.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:47 pm

What happened to the caller he bumped Rob for?

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:51 pm

Ron might be having a discussion with the producer after the show

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:40 pm

Momo wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:27 pm
Ron thinks Caputo's a horrible broadcaster. Kettle to pot: "You're black."
How funny hearing the boorish Ron call Caputo a horrible broadcaster and terrible writer. There are multiple playbacks of Ron and his work, all it takes is one listen within the last 5 years to form a knowledgeable opinion of his work. Shall we pick one from the live remote, him yelling at his producer telling him to leave, or which one from him reading off scores, repeating the call in phone number or the upcoming guests? Curious if Ron were to rank himself amongst the current sports media personalities in town and where that ranking would be.

One takeaway from his broadcast last night- "Mike Ilitch idolized me" . Is that right? Did I hear correct that Ron said if he could talk to Chris Ilitich regarding the Tigers front office that heads would roll or something along those lines?
Someone lives in an alternate universe.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:58 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:40 pm
One takeaway from his broadcast last night- "Mike Ilitch idolized me" . Is that right? Did I hear correct that Ron said if he could talk to Chris Ilitich regarding the Tigers front office that heads would roll or something along those lines?
Someone lives in an alternate universe.
Yes, you head that right. That last hour’s discussion about Ilitch father & son was probably Ron at his most delusional. And that’s saying a lot. If only Ron had asked for Chris Ilitch’s phone number when he said they met, Tigers’ history would have been rewritten. That itself is mind-boggling. But it’s also crazy of Ron to think he would have somehow retained this number. If we take him at his own word, Ron’s never been able to keep a number, either owing to his own fault or that of the darn maid.

Majik

Post by Majik » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:32 pm

If we take him at his own word, Ron’s never been able to keep a number, either owing to his own fault or that of the darn maid.
[/quote]

I have visions of Shirley Booth as Hazel cleaning up RC’s suite, sweeping up those scraps of coffee stained napkins from the floor, then they end up deposited in the smelly dumpster right outside the door of unit 13.

Rm0411

Post by Rm0411 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:19 am

Momo wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:36 pm
Rob's the best caller, but Ron's trying to give him the bum's rush.
Thanks Momo. It clearly seems Ron is fading off (and for Ron that's a major fade) in the third hour. I didn't have much more to offer anyway so its all good. As you know it takes a lot of motivation to contact Ron to begin with.........have a good week

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:41 am

Thanks, Rob, you do the same.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:04 pm

Just listening to first few minutes of this past weekend’s show. You know, the part where Ron doesn’t have his glasses, so he is unable to read the ad copy, and he is just throwing out words he thinks will work in the ads. “Cosmetic Burritos…tender and juicy”. Wow, this is brutal.

Majik

Post by Majik » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:30 pm

uncleb67 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:04 pm
Just listening to first few minutes of this past weekend’s show. You know, the part where Ron doesn’t have his glasses, so he is unable to read the ad copy, and he is just throwing out words he thinks will work in the ads. “Cosmetic Burritos…tender and juicy”. Wow, this is brutal.
Ron is the Ed Wood of sports talk radio.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:42 pm

In my opinion, the Sunday night time slot does not suit Ron well. Many people are winding down from the weekend getting ready for their Monday/ new week. In addition he's going up against a lot of sports that are on TV. Lately he's been going up against Caputo on 97.1, who according to Ron is worst broadcaster/ journalist around. Deep down Ron knows he can't carry Caputo's jock so the best Ron can do is badmouth him. Ron has similar personality traits to Donald Trump. That 3rd hour he might as well put on a lullaby tape or something or play best of(him screaming at producers). He's clearly checked out and if the main man has checked out clearly the listeners are not there. I don't know why he even bothers with that 3rd hour. The kids that Ron says backstabbed him, I think Luke and I forgot the other kids names on the Dialed in Detroit show in Ron's old timeslot. They have not been on the Saturday 5-7 shift in weeks. Between reruns of their shows and Wayne St. football, they've been MIA. He should go back to Saturday afternoons. Like I said just my opinion but his Sunday night shows are a complete waste of time and that is saying something. I yearn for the days when he was ready to fight with the producer because this is a snoozefest

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:58 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:42 pm
In my opinion, the Sunday night time slot does not suit Ron well. Many people are winding down from the weekend getting ready for their Monday/ new week. In addition he's going up against a lot of sports that are on TV. Lately he's been going up against Caputo on 97.1, who according to Ron is worst broadcaster/ journalist around. Deep down Ron knows he can't carry Caputo's jock so the best Ron can do is badmouth him. Ron has similar personality traits to Donald Trump. That 3rd hour he might as well put on a lullaby tape or something or play best of(him screaming at producers). He's clearly checked out and if the main man has checked out clearly the listeners are not there. I don't know why he even bothers with that 3rd hour. The kids that Ron says backstabbed him, I think Luke and I forgot the other kids names on the Dialed in Detroit show in Ron's old timeslot. They have not been on the Saturday 5-7 shift in weeks. Between reruns of their shows and Wayne St. football, they've been MIA. He should go back to Saturday afternoons. Like I said just my opinion but his Sunday night shows are a complete waste of time and that is saying something. I yearn for the days when he was ready to fight with the producer because this is a snoozefest
Just finished listening to this weekend’s show via podcast. If I’m correct, I don’t think one caller came through during Kevin Allen’s time on the show. It was just Ron blathering on about these low-minor/independent/smoke-n-mirrors hockey leagues and teams he “owned”, with some infrequent interjections by Allen. These guests must get off the phone and just think “What did I just do with that last hour of my life?!”

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:37 pm

So, if I’m hearing everyone correctly, Ron should do 6-8 and the buzz board should host the 8-9 after show.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:38 pm

Two years and thirty pages. Who is this guy?
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:11 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:38 pm
Two years and thirty pages. Who is this guy?
Turkeytop- He's does sports talk. I don't have the energy to find a podcast but let's just say sometimes you say to yourself I can't believe what I just heard. He used to be king of the mountain back in the late 70's early 80's. Now he just lives in that era. He's literally never changed his style. Go thru some of these pages, you'll get an idea.
Last edited by Mr.Transistor on Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic