Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

8 out of 25 New Orleans Saints coaches get Covid, all were vaccinated

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: 8 out of 25 New Orleans Saints coaches get Covid, all were vaccinated

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:47 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:07 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:42 am
bmw wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:40 pm
7-day moving averages for the US:

Sept 20, 2020 - 36,000 daily Covid cases, 773 daily deaths, 0% of population vaccinated
Sept 20, 2021 - 137,000 daily Covid cases, 2252 daily deaths, 65% of population vaccinated.

Just thought I'd point those numbers out.
Yes, and that's because your fucking Karens refuse to mask their kids up.
My daughters wore basic masks and the whole grade pretty much got Covid in March 2021. They don't wear masks anymore in school this year, because it is mostly pointless with basic masks (non N-95). There isn't any outbreaks either.
Are there any long term health issues in the group?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:58 am

bmw wrote:

Sept 20, 2020 - 36,000 daily Covid cases, 773 daily deaths, 0% of population vaccinated
Sept 20, 2021 - 137,000 daily Covid cases, 2252 daily deaths, 65% of population vaccinated.

I’m sure the easing of business restrictions and removal of (most) mask orders had nothing to do with that….

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:37 pm

bmw wrote:

There are Karen's on both sides. You tend to come across as a male Karen.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:20 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:37 pm
bmw wrote:

I think we've known each other long enough where you can understand that isn't true for me.

When we have a pandemic of any type, we need to adjust our behavior accordingly to stop the spread. I despise wearing a mask, but it keeps me safer and those around me. I hope to my Additxt score here in the future to measure my amount of immunity. The best offense is a good defense, and that's definitely true for COVID. I regret nothing I have done so far as it concerns this pandemic.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:51 pm

Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:20 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:37 pm
bmw wrote:

I think we've known each other long enough where you can understand that isn't true for me.

When we have a pandemic of any type, we need to adjust our behavior accordingly to stop the spread. I despise wearing a mask, but it keeps me safer and those around me. I hope to my Additxt score here in the future to measure my amount of immunity. The best offense is a good defense, and that's definitely true for COVID. I regret nothing I have done so far as it concerns this pandemic.
That's fair. I also do not regret anything I've done in regards to the pandemic. I do think people on both extremes, those that are vaccinated and are still scared to do anything semi-normal and those that are too stupid to get vaccinated for bullshit reasons, are obnoxious. I just wish everyone 6 months and up could get the vaccine.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:08 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:51 pm
I just wish everyone 6 months and up could get the vaccine.
95% of all Covid-related deaths have been in people age 50 and up.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:31 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:08 pm
Matt wrote:
You are aware that there are serious, long-term concerns other than death that people who get the disease must be concerned about, correct?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:26 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:31 pm
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
You are aware that there are serious, long-term concerns other than death that people who get the disease must be concerned about, correct?
Not to mention the fact that those who are vaccinated are under this same threat.

My cousin still doesn't have her smell and taste back to normal after getting COVID July 2020 She's one of the "lucky" long haulers. I know people that have serious asthma. My friend has endured 20 surgeries since he got COVID July 2020. Others I know have 3 breathing treatments a week and can't walk more than 100 feet at a time.

I am not attending larger gatherings. It hurt to miss Motor City Pride(btw GG, you are on ignore so post all you want big guy), but I am not going to let this virus ruin my life permanently.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:46 am

Neckbeard wrote:
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
The deaths do help the natural immunity argument though. Double check my math, but I'm pretty sure if you die from covid, you can't get it again.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:38 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:46 am
The deaths do help the natural immunity argument though. Double check my math, but I'm pretty sure if you die from covid, you can't get it again.
Wait for it, TCSU will provide an infowars link to prove that is not true.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:54 am

Neckbeard wrote:
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
That is true of any disease. Question is, specifically what are these concerns, just how "long-term" are they, and what percentage of people end up with long-term problems?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:18 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:54 am
Neckbeard wrote:
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
That is true of any disease. Question is, specifically what are these concerns, just how "long-term" are they, and what percentage of people end up with long-term problems?
Hold up though. I thought COVID was the flu?

Audacity sucks.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:45 am

If you are old enough to remember, there was a lot of lack of understanding and misinformation in the early years of the AIDS epidemic. There were constant mutations and different strains. Some said everyone would get it if it became transmissible in other ways. There never was successful safe and effective vaccine. Successful THERAPEUTICS have allowed people to lead fairly normal lives and greatly extended survival. Multiple strains was one of the biggest factors why a successful vaccine hasn't been developed.

Nearly two years into this pandemic now, we still don't understand a lot about COVID transmission. But locker rooms are teeming with germs. Air travel and airplane bathrooms would also seem to be a potential source of infection. Those might be a factor in why so many vaccinated coaches got it. New strains may be an even bigger factor than loss of effectiveness over time of the vaccines.

Isolation, N-95 masks, and therapeutics will probably still prove to be the best options in the short run, given the fact that we don't really know how many gain of function strains Fauci and Company funded and assisted with in the Wuhan Lab, and how many have been released. Why we continue to listen to the arsonist, depending on him to tell us how to put the fire out, is beyond comprehension.

We got control of bacterial infection with antibiotics, but after all these years, antivirals and vaccines haven't developed beyond a low level by comparison. I would compare it to being able to put a man on the moon, but never beyond that, even to Mars. That "Warp Speed" concept is something we really can't do in space travel or vaccine development.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:22 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:12 pm
Are any hospitalized? Have any died? You anti-vaxxers really love cherry picking.
Speaking of cherry picking, you pro vaxxers love to to do that with this
Unvax asymptomatic symptoms = bad
Vax asymptomatic symptoms = good
:roll:

You don't Automatically go to the hospital or die if you get covid.

you pro vaxx folks are afraid to release the recovery numbers as that would mess up your cult and only release the death count.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:17 am

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:22 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:12 pm
Are any hospitalized? Have any died? You anti-vaxxers really love cherry picking.
Speaking of cherry picking, you pro vaxxers love to to do that with this
Unvax asymptomatic symptoms = bad
Vax asymptomatic symptoms = good
:roll:

You don't Automatically go to the hospital or die if you get covid.

you pro vaxx folks are afraid to release the recovery numbers as that would mess up your cult and only release the death count.
How does one measure recovery? A lot of people will never fully recover and have long haul COVID for life. Or are you too ignorant to realize that?

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic