Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

"Sloppy Joe" Biden ignores natural immunity and mandates vaccines for all federal workers

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: "Sloppy Joe" Biden ignores natural immunity and mandates vaccines for all federal workers

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:36 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:25 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:13 pm
I'd like to think he did it just to piss you off...
I know Joe's an avid pants shitter.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Re: "Sloppy Joe" Biden ignores natural immunity and mandates vaccines for all federal workers

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:39 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:36 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:19 pm
Fox News, of course, is in hyper hysteria mode over this. One chyron read "Biden is an authoritarian."

The policy is imperfect, but the suggestion that he is "mandating" vaccines for everyone (as Fox News is claiming) is bullshit. He is only mandating testing for the unvaccinated at certain workplaces, and is requiring most FEDERAL employees and employees of health care facilities receiving federal funds to be vaccinated. I have no issue with that, generally speaking.
The rules (combined) impact 100 million Americans. That's not everyone, but it is a helluva lot. The 100-employee rule seems rather arbitrary to me, not to mention a logistical nightmare. Why should it be the responsibility of business owners, of all people, to ensure that people are vaccinated?

btw - just 2 months ago, his press secretary said that the federal government had no role in mandating vaccines in the private sector. I guess that was a blatant lie.
How many of the 100M are already vaccinated? Also, what is Adam Schiff up to these days?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:40 pm

Who will want to work with more BS regulations? Minorities should be PO'd at Biden, since they are largely unvaccinated.

You thought worker shortages were bad before?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:40 pm

My other question is, why is the federal government hell-bent on using coercion of one form or another to get people vaccinated? The argument for getting vaccinated should stand on its own merit and not require strong-arm tactics. All the strong arm does is sew further mistrust in the very people who have been hesitant thus far.

What Biden has announced today is going to not only be ineffective, but is going to end up causing all kinds of unintended consequences.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:42 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:39 pm
How many of the 100M are already vaccinated? Also, what is Adam Schiff up to these days?
A little over half. But even those people will now have the burden of proving to their employer that they're vaccinated. Minor inconvenience for the worker, yes. But an undue burden on the employer, IMO.

Not to mention that employers who are ALREADY strapped for finding help are now going to have to deal with additional people walking off the job.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:46 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:42 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:39 pm
A little over half. But even those people will now have the burden of proving to their employer that they're vaccinated. Minor inconvenience for the worker, yes. But an undue burden on the employer, IMO.

Not to mention that employers who are ALREADY strapped for finding help are now going to have to deal with additional people walking off the job.
I also read somewhere that the rule will REQUIRE employers to provide paid leave time for employees to get the shot.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:46 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:19 pm
Fox News, of course, is in hyper hysteria mode over this.
Speaking of hyper hysteria - that is precisely what is driving Biden's newly announced decrees.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:47 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:46 pm
I also read somewhere that the rule will REQUIRE employers to provide paid leave time for employees to get the shot.
They're also responsible for paying for the weekly testing for unvaccinated employees who opt to go that route. One source I read said they can pass that burden on to the employee, but at least as an initial matter, that's who will be responsible.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:49 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:40 pm
Who will want to work with more BS regulations?
Apparently the 80+ million people who voted for Biden.

Democrats love for the government to tell them how to live their lives. EXCEPT for abortion. That is off limits.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:57 pm

Lying right through her teeth just a month and a half ago: (skip to the 36-second mark)

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:01 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:40 pm
Who will want to work with more BS regulations? Minorities should be PO'd at Biden, since they are largely unvaccinated.

You thought worker shortages were bad before?
Just become a church, problem solved.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:19 pm

The only thing that would make this more delicious is if Biden had followed the Texas model of enabling citizens to log into a snitch website and get a $10,000 bounty for sussing out those aiding and abetting anyone who is evading a vaccine. I mean, geez, it's all about saving innocent lives isn't it? Right?

kager

Post by kager » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:03 pm

Come on, man...

Lyin' Joe oughta just adopt Groomin' Gretch's wildly-successful jab lottery played here in Michigan over the summer. No gimmicks, no mandates; just winners winners winners...
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:55 am

As for the expense question, testing is inexpensive for the insured. We're talking chicken feed here.

One byproduct of this policy is more employers will likely require vaccination (or proof of eligibility for an exemption) as a condition of employment.

Showing proof of vaccination is not at all "burdensome.". Only a fool would misplace his or her proof of vaccination card.

Vaccination saves lives and alleviates burden on the health care system. Beaumont recently completed a four month study of COVID hospitalizations. 96 percent of COVID hospitalizations were unvaccinated folks.

This is a reasonable policy. Personally, I would've gone in a little different direction and encourage insurers to jack up premiums for the unvaccinated.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:25 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:46 pm
It's already a law you get paid for anything an employer requires. Steel toed shoes, safety glasses, meetings before or after your regular shift, gloves, whatever. Any special license, and the training to get the license.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic