Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Future Covid Variant Will Finally Scare All Into Getting A Vaccine - If One Then Exists

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Future Covid Variant Will Finally Scare All Into Getting A Vaccine - If One Then Exists

Post by screen glare » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:45 pm

If Covid 19 had instead been Ebola, or Polio, or another disease/illness with highly repugnant symptoms before death happens - such as bleeding from every orifice, spending the rest of your life in an iron lung, CHILDREN crippled for life or dead - then everyone would have gotten a vaccine, or taken whatever was proven and available to prevent catching the dreaded malady.

Unfortunately - Donald Turd - er Trump - the former “Putin- Puppet-President - Vlad’s useful idiot - ex liar-in-chief - fantasy-trippin’ mentally ill Maralago MAGA-low-maniac -
Fearful Leader of The anti-USA-democracy anti-America Insurrection - is not out of the picture.

Sure - he’s still not-so-secretly threatening (or promising) his way to everlasting control of the sniveling Republican lawmakers. And peddling propaganda of his August “reinstatement” into The White House to his cult member zombies.

However - the REAL consequence of his ever being in office in the first place is: Trump fans refusing to get vaccinated against Covid. Because THAT has given the virus time and hosts a-plenty to morph into Delta! And now all Americans are once again moving backwards into having to wear masks!! AND - maybe even dying - or their children dying - of some future Covid variant that features new dire symptoms and attacks all age groups with deadly ease.

Thanks Trump voters. Thanks Fox News. Thanks Russian propaganda masquerading as true news on many websites.
Thanks white supremacy defending Christians-in-name-only.

Turkeytop

Re: Future Covid Variant Will Finally Scare All Into Getting A Vaccine - If One Then Exists

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:53 pm

If Covid 19 had instead been Ebola, or Polio, or another disease/illness with highly repugnant symptoms before death happens - such as bleeding from every orifice, spending the rest of your life in an iron lung, CHILDREN crippled for life or dead - then everyone would have gotten a vaccine, or taken whatever was proven and available to prevent catching the dreaded malady.
I wouldn't bet on it.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Re: Future Covid Variant Will Finally Scare All Into Getting A Vaccine - If One Then Exists

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:09 pm

I bet there would be less hesitancy with the Trump vaccine wasn't discredited by Biden and Harris during the campaign AND if the man that pushed for the vaccine encouraged his supporters to take the Trump vaccine. If the current President was a real leader, he'd be reaching out to the former President for assistance with promoting the vaccine. Instead, he's calling people that don't get the vaccine "not that smart." While he's not wrong, that further enflames the situation.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:10 pm

screen glare wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:45 pm
Trump fans refusing to get vaccinated against Covid....has given the virus time and hosts a-plenty to morph into Delta!
Wrong in so many different ways. First off, as MW pointed out on here in another thread, the lowest vaccination rates BY FAR in the state of Michigan are in and around Detroit. And I wouldn't exactly call Detroit a hotbed of Trump supporters.

Second, Covid is a WORLDWIDE pandemic, making vaccination rates just in the US and other first-world countries largely irrelevant to ending the worldwide pandemic, and hence, cutting off the virus before it has time to mutate. There are many other countries in the world which have far lower vaccination rates than the US....

...which brings me to third, and perhaps most angering to me. Herd immunity results from a COMBINATION of both vaccinated and natural immunity. Multiple reputable studies suggest that upwards of 1/2 of the US population had been infected by Covid as of this past April. Other multiple reputable studies suggest that natural immunity has a higher efficacy rate than vaccinated immunity (in the high 90s). Despite this, the CDC guidance is to vaccinate EVERYONE, even though at least half of people won't benefit from it. What we SHOULD have been doing right from the start is vaccinating only people who test negative to an antibodies test and sending the rest of that vaccine to other parts of the world that could actually have benefited from it.

And fourth, as a sidenote, to the extent that government lockdowns and mask mandates "slowed the spread" (which I don't think it did much, but to the extent that it did...), that also lengthened our time to reach herd immunity and thus give extra time for variants to appear.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:04 pm

screen glare wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:45 pm
....However - the REAL consequence of his ever being in office in the first place is: Trump fans refusing to get vaccinated against Covid. Because THAT has given the virus time and hosts a-plenty to morph into Delta! ...
You really are delusional, aren't you? Where did the "Delta" variant come from? In the USA?? NO, not at all.
bmw wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:10 pm
...which brings me to third, and perhaps most angering to me. Herd immunity results from a COMBINATION of both vaccinated and natural immunity. Multiple reputable studies suggest that upwards of 1/2 of the US population had been infected by Covid as of this past April. Other multiple reputable studies suggest that natural immunity has a higher efficacy rate than vaccinated immunity (in the high 90s). Despite this, the CDC guidance is to vaccinate EVERYONE, even though at least half of people won't benefit from it. What we SHOULD have been doing right from the start is vaccinating only people who test negative to an antibodies test and sending the rest of that vaccine to other parts of the world that could actually have benefited from it. ....
At the very least, we should have been prioritizing folks so that anybody with antibodies would forego early vaccinations and get those shots into more arms that actually NEEDED them early in the process. How much farther ahead would we be NOW if that was done at the beginning??

And not a PEEP from the OP about all the obstructions to actually TREATING folks with things we now KNOW would have helped MANY recover and avoid serious complications or death!!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:22 pm

And … the last two geniuses prove my point.

The same oafs who don’t have any experience working in virology are going to come up with BS that other non-experts will buy - because they’re not reputable scientists either - meshing bits of info from here and there - surfing the internet - to come up with double talk “logic” that’s pure horse feathers.

Meanwhile as they push their BS - the virus mutations continue - with plenty of opportunity in time and human tissue - to spread, cause long term symptoms, and kill.

Just wait until a highly contagious mutation starts targeting and killing in large numbers children. Babies. Pregnant women and fertile women of child bearing age. The know-it-all ignoramuses who doubt Dr. Fauci and other experienced experts and back Trump may actually regret their obstinate
folly…

when it’s too late for many innocent youngsters, and their families.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:00 pm

screen glare wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:22 pm
The same oafs who don’t have any experience working in virology are going to come up with BS that other non-experts will buy - because they’re not reputable scientists either - meshing bits of info from here and there - surfing the internet - to come up with double talk “logic” that’s pure horse feathers.
Is that the best refutation you've got? That we're not scientists?

I challenge you to specifically refute anything I've said about natural immunity here or in other threads. I have peer-reviewed studies conducted by reputable organizations to back me up.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:13 pm

screen glare wrote:
come up with double talk “logic” that’s pure horse feathers.
That's quite rich coming from a Biden fanboy.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:22 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:13 pm
screen glare wrote:
come up with double talk “logic” that’s pure horse feathers.
That's quite rich coming from a Biden fanboy.
Still not clear why SG can still post here...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:09 am

None of your follow-his-lead “Trump think” and “Trump instruct” is going to lead to anything other than his usual and predictable same ol’ Don Trump endings. In whatever he does.

He lost The White House. He lost The House. He lost The Senate. The majority of America rejected his Putin-lovin’ presidency after one term (and many before his lone term) and are now trying to stop or undo all the damage he’s done/continues to do to our union.

Enjoy this avoidable Delta surge and all the resulting Covid cases, long haul symptoms, and deaths of younger patients. It’s totally brought to you by Trump - who from day one turned pandemic masks into political statements, and Trump loyalty signaling. That’s how never-ending, sociopathic mentally ill he always was and still is - with toxic Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

By the way - Trump’s family and your favorite Fox News founts of dis and mis information - and their families - all got vaccinated. And if you think they didn’t then you have no idea how gullible you are.

A Pandemic of The Unvaccinated. Spilling over onto all of us.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:54 am

screen glare wrote:

Experts???

JOE BIDEN:
If you’ve been fully vaccinated, you no longer need to wear a mask. Let me repeat: If you are fully vaccinated, you no longer need to wear a mask.
Then a few days later...

FAUCI:
The recommendations and guidelines have been changed to say If you are vaccinated, even though you are vaccinated when you are in an indoor public setting in an area of the country with a high degree of viral dynamics, namely the red and orange sections on the CDC chart, then you need to wear a mask even though you are vaccinated.
Now, the Administration has decided to require children to wear masks for the 2021/2022 school year. This, despite the fact that according to the CDC, a total of 213 children (35% of which had underlying medical conditions) died from Covid-19 in 2020/2021. To put that in perspective over 400 children died of influenza in 2020. Yet, boom, the "experts" are going to force our children to wear face diapers for the entire school year.

Brilliant.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:00 am

screen glare wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:09 am
None of your follow-his-lead “Trump think” and “Trump instruct” is going to lead to anything other than his usual and predictable same ol’ Don Trump endings. In whatever he does.

He lost The White House. He lost The House. He lost The Senate. The majority of America rejected his Putin-lovin’ presidency after one term (and many before his lone term) and are now trying to stop or undo all the damage he’s done/continues to do to our union.

Enjoy this avoidable Delta surge and all the resulting Covid cases, long haul symptoms, and deaths of younger patients. It’s totally brought to you by Trump - who from day one turned pandemic masks into political statements, and Trump loyalty signaling. That’s how never-ending, sociopathic mentally ill he always was and still is - with toxic Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

By the way - Trump’s family and your favorite Fox News founts of dis and mis information - and their families - all got vaccinated. And if you think they didn’t then you have no idea how gullible you are.

A Pandemic of The Unvaccinated. Spilling over onto all of us.
What in the HELL are you even talking about? I'll take this response to mean you have no interest whatsoever in educating yourself on this topic. I issued you a simple challenge - to refute my claims about natural immunity. You failed miserably.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic