Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

COVID Long Haulers

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

COVID Long Haulers

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:45 pm

As time goes on with covid we are beginning to see some of those long-term effects become clearer. Approximately 1/3 of those who have contracted covid who are over 40 are experiencing long-term after effects. Just another reason why the whole concept of herd immunity without a vaccination is tremendously damaging for a society.
These people sometimes describe themselves as "long haulers" and the condition has been called post-COVID-19 syndrome or "long COVID-19."

Older people and people with many serious medical conditions are the most likely to experience lingering COVID-19 symptoms, but even young, otherwise healthy people can feel unwell for weeks to months after infection. The most common signs and symptoms that linger over time include:

Fatigue
Shortness of breath
Cough
Joint pain
Chest pain
Other long-term signs and symptoms may include:

Muscle pain or headache
Fast or pounding heartbeat
Loss of smell or taste
Memory, concentration or sleep problems
Rash or hair loss
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... t-20490351

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Re: COVID Long Haulers

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:21 pm

A friend of ours has recovered from Covid. But she has to be on oxygen for the rest of her life.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:19 am

Wait until the disability claims start piling up and the GOP starts chanting "Get back to work deadbeats." They think suicide is a problem now, just wait.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:33 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:19 am
Wait until the disability claims start piling up and the GOP starts chanting "Get back to work deadbeats." They think suicide is a problem now, just wait.
How miserable do you have to be to make EVERYTHING about politics?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:15 am

The rebel without a clue shit is getting old

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:39 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:33 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:19 am
How miserable do you have to be to make EVERYTHING about politics?
Talk to me in a year. This is going to be a big ass problem once the virus is gone. My friend in Texas will likely never work again! He's been in the hospital 20 times. When you have a h.u.g.e. increase, tell me what's going to happen? I know you had an HR and ops management class somewhere down the line. This isn't hard to see that this will be important.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic