Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

January Radio Ratings

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario

non-anon bob

Re: January Radio Ratings

Post by non-anon bob » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:56 pm

ALT 98.7 continues to be in "crash and burn" mode at a 1.8 share and dropping like a rock. Big Mistake to have all its dayparts syndicated by out-of-town hosts, Tim Roberts. Also, WAY too much host chatter! :barf

...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:32 pm

Should have kept The Breeze....

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:36 pm

The ratings almost identically match Fault 106.7's performance at this stage in its life.

Just like Fault 106.7, I doubt the ratings will improve at all!

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:58 pm

I think I predicted in an earlier thread that their January book (first full book not impacted by Santa) would be a 1.8.

Who cares? As long as Entervom wants to hold this national brand of pseudo-Alt-pop, Fault 98.7, along with a dozen others, will continue to chug along with 1 and low- 2 shares.

It’s sad what they’ve done to KNDD/Seattle. Six months ago, it was usually in the mid-4s. It’s now down to a 2.2.

I remember how 106.7 was the favorite whipping boy of this forum. Hell, I whipped it plenty during its time. But that station sounded amazing compared to this garbage.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:18 pm

I want some of the cocaine used by the folks that thought this was a good idea. Morning shows all day, 3, 4 voices going at once. 2, 3 thoughts per break. Music that has historically failed in Detroit. Literally cutting off songs and breaks to hit commercials. 2 minutes of commercials every 3rd song. No live/local voices/production.

I mean, it's AMP radio but with the rare, occasional 90s song thrown in.

I used to pay good money for substances to make myself this delusional.
Last edited by Mega Hertz on Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:25 pm

I got an idea! How about a sports station that talks politics all day and then only has Iraqi soccer matches on weekends?

Or an oldies station that only plays Buddhist Monk chants? For fuck's sake.

-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:12 pm

The Bounce is slowly sinking. Which is a shame because I actually kinda like at least some of what they're playing - their playlist seems very heavily focused on the late 90s and early 2000s.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:18 pm

A couple Toledo stations were near or beat 1130 and 1270 in the ratings. It looks like Cumulus has a few stations in AA, Toledo and Flint listed.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:59 am

The Bounce is done.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:02 pm

I agree. That balloon is deflating quickly.

Beasley should strongly consider launching an AC with a soft but not too old lean, much like 98.7 The Breeze. I would be opposed to using the "Magic" name again. It has a stigma attached to it (i.e. music for old women).

Variety Hits is another option worthy of consideration.

On an unrelated note, WYCD's audio sounds like horseshit again.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:36 pm

The Bounce should go back to what they were playing at the start.
I keep hearing awful 2010's "rap", and immediately turn it off. It's supposed to be Throwbacks, not throwups

Music is my life.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:50 pm

Entercom's other Alternative stations aren't doing so hot either:
- WQMP in Orlando is barely ahead of WPCV, a Lakeland-based country station that doesn't advertise much if at all in the Orlando area despite almost all of Orange County being within WPCV's 60dBu coverage area
- KVIL in Dallas/Fort Worth is losing to several of the northern rimshots (KRNB, KZZA, KBOC, and KNOR) as well as KLIF, which is a Class C2 that happens to cover the most densely populated areas of the Metroplex
- WNYL in New York City is losing to several AM exclusive stations as well as quasi-rimshot WNSH
- KROQ in Los Angeles is losing to a station from the Inland Empire (that does have a Class A repeater in the LA Basin) and to iHeart's Alternative station KYSR
- WSFS in Miami is losing to Easy 93.1's stream!
There are plenty of other examples of Entercom's Alternative stations failing hard

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:48 am

ftballfan wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:50 pm
Entercom's other Alternative stations aren't doing so hot either:
- WQMP in Orlando is barely ahead of WPCV, a Lakeland-based country station that doesn't advertise much if at all in the Orlando area despite almost all of Orange County being within WPCV's 60dBu coverage area
- KVIL in Dallas/Fort Worth is losing to several of the northern rimshots (KRNB, KZZA, KBOC, and KNOR) as well as KLIF, which is a Class C2 that happens to cover the most densely populated areas of the Metroplex
- WNYL in New York City is losing to several AM exclusive stations as well as quasi-rimshot WNSH
- KROQ in Los Angeles is losing to a station from the Inland Empire (that does have a Class A repeater in the LA Basin) and to iHeart's Alternative station KYSR
- WSFS in Miami is losing to Easy 93.1's stream!
There are plenty of other examples of Entercom's Alternative stations failing hard
One can ONLY imagine why they're stinking it up. KROQ? I bet they're also playing Billie Eilish every 5th song, too.

-TurkeyTop

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:40 am

You got it. Every single one of their “Alt” stations is playing largely the same playlist, with some variants in song sequencing and small variations in rotation (all of them are playing a ton of Billie Eilish and rap). Yuck!

I’m sure this is exactly what all the displaced 89x listeners were looking for.....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic