Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jimmy Eat World

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
stopnswop2

Jimmy Eat World

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:20 pm

WOMC just played The Middle.
I love this song, but I'm a bit confused.
It doesn't mesh well, especially playing right after Like a Prayer by Madonna

Music is my life.

Chrocket87

Re: Jimmy Eat World

Post by Chrocket87 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:47 pm

Goddammit. I remember hearing that song for the first time on 89X when I was in eighth grade. Now it’s on Classic Hits. Ugh....

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:49 pm

Chrocket87 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:47 pm
Goddammit. I remember hearing that song for the first time on 89X when I was in eighth grade. Now it’s on Classic Hits. Ugh....
Lol I still have a cassette tape from when I recorded it off of Channel 955 back in 02

Music is my life.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:51 am

Yikes. That song was big when I was in high school. Man, I feel old.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:43 am

Allow me to join in the nostalgia.

Anyone remember "Rock A Billy's"? Record store used to be on the north side of Hall Road and just east of Van Dyke? I picked up a promo CD from their new album, "Bleed American". It had the title track and "A Praise Chorus" on it. July 2001. And I still have it. Then 9/11 happened (ironically, I had tickets to see them that day, of course the show didn't happen until December) and they changed the title of the album.

I listened to that album quite a bit in 10th and 11th grade. And yes, hearing it on classic hits throws me. It was bound to happen, but...I wasn't ready for ir!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:40 pm

I was in my early 40's when I first heard this song on Saturday Night Live and really enjoyed it. When I later heard the recorded single version, I preferred the SNL version. Same experience with Avril Lavigne and "Complicated"—liked the SNL version better than the single.

I've lived through many eras of pop music. I really liked a lot of the pop music in the 2000s—much more than pop music since the early 2010s, when a flashy mixture of disco and hip hop seemed to take over. Jimmy Eat World, Avril Lavigne, Sara Bareilles, Train, Kelly Clarkson (especially that second album), and most of all, Michelle Branch. That period also produced my favorite Paul McCartney album—Chaos and Creation in the Backyard—produced by the Radiohead producer.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:12 pm

I remember at one point watching VH1's top 20 countdown on Saturdays just for this video, and always turning it on too late.

There was no YouTube or anything back then, so I either had to wake up early or no video.
Yahoo! would have like the top music videos that week to watch, but it was not ideal to wait an hour for it to load.

Music is my life.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:35 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:43 am
Allow me to join in the nostalgia.

Anyone remember "Rock A Billy's"? Record store used to be on the north side of Hall Road and just east of Van Dyke? I picked up a promo CD from their new album, "Bleed American". It had the title track and "A Praise Chorus" on it. July 2001. And I still have it. Then 9/11 happened (ironically, I had tickets to see them that day, of course the show didn't happen until December) and they changed the title of the album.

I listened to that album quite a bit in 10th and 11th grade. And yes, hearing it on classic hits throws me. It was bound to happen, but...I wasn't ready for ir!
Yeah, I got U2's "Joshua Tree" there a few years before they closed. It was CD only for $2. They had really obscure CDs in the back as well. Always played WRIF.

I do remember when Jimmy Eat World changed the title of the album. "The Middle" was probably the biggest song of my senior year, 2002.That song and "Hella Good" by No Doubt always remind me of my senior trip.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:43 pm

I'll feel really old when The Killers becomes Classic Rock.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:14 am

On its way I’m sure.

I gave up in thinking I wasn’t gonna age.

Guess again..... :-) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic