Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What female would you vote for president?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: What female would you vote for president?

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:41 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:01 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:57 pm
As far as the thread topic, I would be willing to support Elizabeth Warren, AOC, or Tulsi Gabbard (provided Tulsi drops the conspiracy crap).
Center left my rear end! You picked two communists, with only Gabbard being reasonable in some areas.
Elizabeth Warren is a converted Republican... she’s hardly a communist.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:49 am

Of course, if we had sound money, that would solve some of these issues too.
We do have sound money in the U.S.. Any suggestion to the contrary is absurd.

I will say replacing the federal income tax with either a V.A.T, border adjustment tax, or national sales tax are ideas worthy of consideration.

Well-to-do people or passthrough business entities generally aren't going to settle for lower income, though, just because a higher percentage of earnings above a certain threshold are going to be taxed at a higher marginal rate. If the top marginal rate were still 70% as it was in the 60's, I might agree with you. However, a top marginal rate of 37% isn't going to have a severely deleterious effect.

If your theory had any merit, fuzzpower, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Bill Gates, and Mark Zuckerberg would not be iconic entrepreneurs, our standard of living would be poor, and the U.S. would not be a relatively wealthy nation with high GDP.

Bear in mind passthrough businesses pay federal income taxes on the basis of adjusted net income, not revenue. Most operating expenses & financing expenses are tax deductible for passthrough businesses.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:52 am

Topic: “What Female Would You Vote For President ? “

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:07 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:56 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:52 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:10 pm
Mazie Hirono.....
You're farther gone than I thought.
Please elaborate. People mentioned AOC here which didn't get a mention from you.
Her behavior as well as positions taken during the Kavanaugh and Barrett hearings is enough to disqualify her. In some instances she's crazier than Nancy.

Asking Barrett, a sitting Circuit Court Judge and mother of seven if she'd ever raped anyone? Really?

Stating that Kavanaugh wasn't entitled to the presumption of innocence when in came to the baseless and unproved claims by the Ford woman.

This is your next President?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:21 am

Let’s watch AOC or Katie Porter grill someone. Or better yet Kamala Harris. Or Senator Hillary Clinton. All those at THEIR inquisitions can do - is squirm.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:27 am

Nikki Haley was a very good governor of South Carolina but was a feckless ambassador to the U.N. Not entirely her fault, as I believe she was not ready for such a position.

I would give serious consideration to voting for her for President, but cannot say I would do so with certainty.

Female figures on the national stage whose views align with my own are few in number at the moment. I do have a favorable view of Alabama Governor, Kay Ivey, but she is 77 years of age and recently battled lung cancer.

Kim Reynolds of Iowa has done a crappy and inconsistent job of responding to the COVID-19 pandemic but otherwise has a track record I like.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:50 am

Besides those four I’ve already named I’d also vote for Michelle Obama for president, as well.

Pretty shocking that on the three pages here of response to this topic there are only a handful of potential presidents named.

Quite revealing.

The main problems in The United States electing a woman president is - misogynistic male voters (especially those unaware of their feelings) and envious female voters.
Last edited by screen glare on Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:56 am

screen glare wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:50 am
Pretty shocking that on the three pages here of response to this topic there are only a handful of potential presidents named.
...complains the person who finds ways to interject claims that our President is mentally ill into virtually every single conversation in here - even ones that have absolutely nothing to do with the President. :lol

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:08 am

My, my! Take a look at all news sources on all platforms since the insurrection riot by American terrorists and other Trump cult members January 6. You’ll notice, bmw that there are quite a lot of stories and interviews focusing on Trump’s mental illness.

You’re just frustrated that my early and continuous warning here about Trump’s Narcissistic Personality DISORDER rendering him unfit for the presidency - is now being accepted as true - by millions and millions of less discerning American voters. Like you.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:38 pm

Hillary Clinton? Are you kidding me? If you call Trump a crook, then what is Hillary Clinton?

MW- how much can you go into debt before it collapses? Remember Zimbabwe? They kept printing money to the point it was absolutely worthless. $100 Trillion bills, worth zlich. Look at how much a dollar from 1971 is worth now, or better yet, 1913.

A VAT is a disaster waiting to happen. National sales tax isn’t perfect, but it’s better than an income tax.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:38 pm

MW- how much can you go into debt before it collapses? Remember Zimbabwe? They kept printing money to the point it was absolutely worthless. $100 Trillion bills, worth zlich. Look at how much a dollar from 1971 is worth now, or better yet, 1913.
GDP measured in constant dollars is probably the best single metric to look at. The U.S.A. over the long haul is performing impressively well in that regard:

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-sta ... 0of%201950.

(Click the "MAX" option after accessing the above URL.)

Frankly, the only noteworthy hiccup occurred last year - thanks to COVID.

Zimbabwe's money was worthless because their economic output was worthless.

Another good metric to look at is the Government Debt to GDP ratio. During the 90's and early 00's, the USA performed well in this area. The ratio skyrocketed in troublesome fashion during the Obama years. During Trump, it continued to grow, albeit at a much slower pace. This is mostly due to the fact the economy enjoyed several years of impressive expansion under Trump prior to COVID; however, government spending continued to climb at a faster rate than GDP growth.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-sta ... 0of%202021.

Here is a comparison by country:

https://tradingeconomics.com/country-li ... ebt-to-gdp

The key is to compare the USA to other countries with highly developed economies. There is definitely room for improvement. However, we are in far better shape than Japan or Greece.

I think the key to fixing the USA's performance in this area is eliminating waste in government, instituting entitlement reform, and requiring balanced federal budgets.

The Debt to GDP ratio - in a way - is similar to a price-to-earnings ratio when evaluating the share price of a publicly traded company. Nations with stable to growing economies that are highly diversified are deserving of stronger ratios than a small war-torn nation whose economy is not well developed.

You are correct to suggest federal government spending - more specifically, uncontrolled growth in federal government deficit spending - can and should be cause for concern. If we continue down the current course, there could be a come-uppance for our country down the road, probably 20+ years from now.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:36 pm

By the way, I'd consider voting for Liz Cheney. I was impressed by her floor speech today.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:06 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:36 pm
By the way, I'd consider voting for Liz Cheney. I was impressed by her floor speech today.
She's WAAAAAY too much on the right for me, but I certainly have developed respect for her after the past few days. Considering who her daddy is, it was easier for her to speak against the GOP majority than most others. Still, I think that came from a true and serious conviction of purpose and applaud her for it.

The censorship king from out of state.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:11 pm

Never thought of Republican Liz Cheney as someone I’d agree with - but damn I’m proud of her passionate decision to vote for the second impeachment of Donald Trump.

Her quote about him causing the mob to do what they did - “lit the flame” - is quickly becoming the most famous among all the things that various lawmakers have said post coup attempt.

Maybe she’ll become the new leader of the Republican Party when Donald Trump is finally out of the picture. And prohibited from coming back.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:26 am

Vaccine Queen Kristi Noem.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic