Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Warnock and Ossoff have won. The Senate has flipped!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Warnock and Ossoff have won. The Senate has flipped!

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:23 pm

The NY Times are projecting Warnock by 1.5% at 72% probable AND Ossoff by .09% at 62% probable.

Still a tight race, but many of the Red counties have reported and the Atlanta region is still reporting.

This could be quite a night...

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... noffs.html

And the Military votes? Stuck in the USPS fiasco.
Thousands of ballots cast by Georgians overseas or from international military installations are navigating mail slowdowns, casting anxiety over the only votes permitted to arrive after the polls close Tuesday in the state’s pivotal Senate runoff elections
The higher the vote count, the better the it is for Democrats.
Nate Cohn of The New York Times/The Upshot estimates that total turnout will eventually hit 4.415 million — at least. It’s hard to overstate what a H*** number that is for a runoff election. It would be more than double the previous record for highest turnout in a runoff, 2.1 million in 2008. Heck, it would be more than the 4.1 million people who voted in Georgia in the 2016 general election.
Last edited by TC Talks on Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Chrocket87

Re: Both Democrats projected winners in Georgia

Post by Chrocket87 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:54 pm

At a little more than 60 percent of the vote, Perdue has gained a slim lead. Will be interesting to see where the pendulum stops, as I’m guessing this will continue to swing.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:59 pm

Stephanie Saul 5m ago

Gabriel Sterling, a Georgia elections official, said that the largest tranche of remaining uncounted votes is from DeKalb County, a heavily Democratic suburban Atlanta area.
EXPECTED MARGIN
Warnock +1.8

PROBABLE WIN
Leaning Warnock
84% Warnock

EXPECTED MARGIN
Ossoff +1.0%

WIN PROB.
Leaning Ossoff
71% Ossoff

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:22 pm

17 minutes ago
Shaila Dewan
Chatham County, which includes Warnock’s hometown, Savannah, and Cobb County, an increasingly diverse Atlanta suburb, still have large chunks of uncounted votes.

20 minutes ago
Danny Hakim
DeKalb County, which has lagged other Atlanta-area counties in its reporting tonight, is the state’s fourth most populous county and tilts overwhelmingly Democratic.

24 minutes ago
Nate Cohn
Both Democrats remain heavily favored, despite their deficit in the tabulated vote. They’re favored to win the vote left to be counted by 9 to 10 points.

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 15475

Post by Deleted User 15475 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:49 pm

It appears neither race is ready to be decided as of yet, The fact this is even happening in this particular state is quite astounding.

Deleted User 15475

Post by Deleted User 15475 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:37 am

CNN(those communist louses!) and other cable news networks have called the 1st race for Rev. Warnock. The Pastor will now become a Senator, impressive I must say. Could it be The state is putting to bed the dark past of other elected officials that held The Peach state back for so long, such as Lester Maddox, Herman Talmadge, and in more recent times The repugnant Saxby Chambliss. Now This Jezebel that just went down in a well deserved loss.

The Race with Senator " I cower and refuse to show up to a debate" Perdue and Mr.Ossoff is not yet called. I rather enjoyed the solo debate with Mr.Ossoff, it seemed to me the empty podium really said it all. The Donald went down the commode and Perdue embodies many of the things the soon EX President stands for. Now its anyone's guess now, if Perdue somehow wins, it will be a hollow victory. In theory, The Senator should be winning by at least 6-7 points in a normal circumstance.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:07 am

As of 6 a.m. Ossoff leads Purdue by 16000 votes. There's 1% of the vote yet to be counted in very blue territory.

Warnock has won decisively.

This is amazing and I personally will be writing a thank you note to Donald Trump.

I also find it very interesting given the fact that the Senate is about to flip that none of the Republican posters have said a word about this contest.

Bryce? BMW? Nothing?

― Noam Chomsky

fuzzpower

Re: Warnock has won, Ossoff leads Purdue. The Senate is flipping!

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:54 am

You know there will be challenges, especially for the Purdue/Ossoff seat. Ossoff frankly scares me with his ties to China. I find it funny how he says he hates millionaires yet is one because of daddy and granddaddy and has never worked a day in his life.

None of the candidates have really said anything about how they would represent Georgia.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:06 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:54 am
You know there will be challenges, especially for the Purdue/Ossoff seat. Ossoff frankly scares me with his ties to China. I find it funny how he says he hates millionaires yet is one because of daddy and granddaddy and has never worked a day in his life.

None of the candidates have really said anything about how they would represent Georgia.
Trust fundie? Isn't that a Republican play?

― Noam Chomsky

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:12 am

Funny how the wealthy elites mostly support Democrats. Wall Street, Zuckerberg, Buffett, Hollywood celebrities, Gates, etc. Your argument that the Republicans are for the rich no longer holds water.

I get it, you want communism. You haven’t exactly hid that fact. I’m not thrilled with any of the candidates, but I want at least one of the Republicans to win so we can have divided government. We may still have that because of Joe Manchin. Neither major party stands for liberty, and only a few members (Thomas Massie) are even in that ballpark.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:20 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:12 am
Funny how the wealthy elites mostly support Democrats. Wall Street, Zuckerberg, Buffett, Hollywood celebrities, Gates, etc. Your argument that the Republicans are for the rich no longer holds water.

I get it, you want communism. You haven’t exactly hid that fact. I’m not thrilled with any of the candidates, but I want at least one of the Republicans to win so we can have divided government. We may still have that because of Joe Manchin. Neither major party stands for liberty, and only a few members (Thomas Massie) are even in that ballpark.
Thomas Massie is an utter joke.

Anyways. 50-50 with Harris having the tie-breaking vote. Enjoy.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:25 am

Joke how? Supporting the Constitution? Wanting to end the Federal Reserve and eliminating bloated government departments? Supporting a full legalization of marijuana? States rights? He voted against the recent marijuana bill because of the tax hikes and government oversight; he explains his reasoning clearly.

There are some things I don’t agree with Massie on, but he’s probably the best member of Congress today.

Deleted User 15475

Post by Deleted User 15475 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:56 am

If I could suggest a dealer that carried time machines, I'd see if maybe they could give some of you some end of the year incentives on purchasing a new one. Low Financing available, Take delivery by Jan 19, does not include tax, title, and time travel fee's .

The 1950s is quite popular as is 1907.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:16 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:25 am
Joke how? Supporting the Constitution? Wanting to end the Federal Reserve and eliminating bloated government departments? Supporting a full legalization of marijuana? States rights? He voted against the recent marijuana bill because of the tax hikes and government oversight; he explains his reasoning clearly.

There are some things I don’t agree with Massie on, but he’s probably the best member of Congress today.
So he’s in favor of keeping it illegal? Got it.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:22 am

No he isn’t. Read his full reasoning. He has petitioned Pelosi and co. to sponsor legislation to make it legal without the government oversight and federal taxes. That was the dealbreaker to him, and I understand his reasoning.

He also wants troops out of foreign countries.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic