Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Joe Biden Plans On Taking $800.00 From Me

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Joe Biden Plans On Taking $800.00 From Me

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:41 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:23 pm

You can make the exact same arguments about cars, drivers licenses and car insurance.
Which amendment was it that enshrined my right to keep and drive automobiles? Or, even hoses for that matter?

According to our Secretary of State, a drivers license is a privilege, not a right.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:45 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:41 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:23 pm

You can make the exact same arguments about cars, drivers licenses and car insurance.
Which amendment was it that enshrined my right to keep and drive automobiles? Or, even hoses for that matter?

According to our Secretary of State, a drivers license is a privilege, not a right.
That’s fine. It’s also entirely irrelevant to the discussion here.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:51 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:45 pm

Well sure it is. You were implying that gun ownership should be treated like car ownership.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:09 pm

Here's another example from today's Detroit News...
Detroit — A 41-year-old Detroit man facing murder and gun charges in a Nov. 8 homicide in southwest Detroit will remain jailed as his case proceeds, court records show.

Erasmo Diaz was arraigned at Detroit's 36th District Court on four charges: first-degree murder, two counts of felony firearm, and being a felon in possession of a firearm.

Diaz was arrested after a 34-year-old man was found shot Nov. 8 in a blue Ford Ranger on the 2400 block of Cicotte. That's south of Michigan Avenue and west of Livernois.

Diaz's felony record in Wayne County stretches back to 1996, when he pleaded guilty to carrying a concealed weapon. The assistant Wayne County prosecutor on that case, court records show, was current Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel.
Would new laws and regulations alter the behavior of Mr. Diaz?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:11 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:51 pm
Rate This wrote:

Well sure it is. You were implying that gun ownership should be treated like car ownership.
Actually we're talking about the liability of it. Nobody's taking away your guns, we're just advocating if you choose to exercise that right, you also take financial responsibility for that right.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:04 pm

The key thing that conservatives forget is that the 2nd amendment was set in motion when people owned muskets, not AR-15s. Guns were also needed as pesky British loyalists kept harassing Americans until 1812. At the absolute most, the Framers would approve pistols and maybe old fashioned hunting rifles.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:07 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:11 pm
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:

Actually we're talking about the liability of it. Nobody's taking away your guns, we're just advocating if you choose to exercise that right, you also take financial responsibility for that right.
Bingo. We have a winner. Bryce, thanks for playing.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:18 pm

Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:

So in essence, you will be taking guns away from poor people. People that can't afford the additional insurance that I carry nor the 800.00 good old Uncle Joe is going to charge me. The people that live in areas that the whack jobs are also defunding police departments and violent crime is through the roof because of government policy and being committed by people that I don't care how many laws you write aren't going to follow them.

Not to be snarky, but yeah, that's well thought out.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:59 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:18 pm
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:

So in essence, you will be taking guns away from poor people. People that can't afford the additional insurance that I carry nor the 800.00 good old Uncle Joe is going to charge me. The people that live in areas that the whack jobs are also defunding police departments and violent crime is through the roof because of government policy and being committed by people that I don't care how many laws you write aren't going to follow them.

BREAKING NEWS: The poor have always been shit on with respect to their constitutional rights. Ever have a look at the justice system? Odd you only seem to give a fuck when your interests align.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:34 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:18 pm
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:

BULLETIN:
The poor also drive and pay more than $800 in 6 months for car insurance. This could be $800 in 6 months or a year. It could be made in easy monthly payments. Your logic is on land in the Pacific Northwest prone to slides...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:41 pm

Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:59 pm

BREAKING NEWS: The poor have always been shit on with respect to their constitutional rights. Ever have a look at the justice system?
I agree with you wholeheartedly. It was and is, in many ways, still broken.

The biggest travesty took place with the Bill Clinton 1994 crime bill, which was wholeheartedly supported by Joe Biden. It resulted in the mass incarceration of poor, black people, at levels never seen before. Thank God, Donald Trump ushered a new bill through Congress to replace it.

Our system of government isn't perfect. But trust me, compared to the other systems out there, we are truly the shining example on the hill. I've seen first hand how other countries work and treat their populace. Places like Kosovo, Syria and Iraq. Trust me, people aren't risking their lives to sneak into those countries. People were risking their lives to leave.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:21 pm

I love how Trumpers pretend to care about the poor when they supported an administration who ignored the poor while giving tax breaks to conglomerates while we pick up the $2 rebate on energy bills.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:24 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:21 pm
I love how Trumpers pretend to care about the poor when they supported an administration who ignored the poor while giving tax breaks to conglomerates while we pick up the $2 rebate on energy bills.
How much did you donate to charity in 2019?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:26 pm

When someone makes under 25K for the year, they can't exactly afford to give much. I did give to my university.

Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:27 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:26 pm
When someone makes under 25K for the year, they can't exactly afford to give much. I did give to my university.
Then don't give me shit about not caring for the poor.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic