Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Straight Conservative Dudes Freak Out over Queer Women

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Rate This

Re: Straight Conservative Dudes Freak Out over Queer Women

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:58 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:57 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:54 pm
Then, if you have no fear, feel free to join me in August at Transgender Pride in the Park. It isn't a rally or a march. More like a picnic setup with about 8 or 9 small booths next to a pavilion. Completely free unless you choose to donate. You can meet Rachel and her wife.
If I'm still alive and well, I'll be there. Of course, I will expect everyone there to be accepting of my lifestyle.
I think I would pay to see that.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:03 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:57 pm
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:54 pm
Then, if you have no fear, feel free to join me in August at Transgender Pride in the Park. It isn't a rally or a march. More like a picnic setup with about 8 or 9 small booths next to a pavilion. Completely free unless you choose to donate. You can meet Rachel and her wife.
If I'm still alive and well, I'll be there. Of course, I will expect everyone there to be accepting of my lifestyle.
It's very laid back and an open house environment. The area is surrounded by a big park. You can leave very easily if you aren't comfortable. It's in Martin Park in Ferndale usually.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:08 pm

Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:03 pm

It's very laid back and an open house environment. The area is surrounded by a big park. You can leave very easily if you aren't comfortable. It's in Martin Park in Ferndale usually.
Uncomfortable? Why would I be uncomfortable? I cant remember the last time I've been uncomfortable in a public setting. Well, on American soil anyway. Will these people be over judgmental of my lifestyle?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:13 pm

Well, I realize that there is culture shock. It's to be expected as non transgender people aren't familiar with being in the minority.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:38 am

Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:28 pm
If people are "tricked", they deserve to be murdered?

As far as being transgender as well as being lesbian, bi, or gay, it is about what hormones the child is exposed to in utero. It makes a H*** difference. There have been studies done that have proven that male to female people have some of the same brain scan activity similar to cisgender(bio) women.

Why would someone choose to be bullied and harassed? I am proud of my transgender friends. Before they transition, they fight a war against the mirror every day. About 40% of all transgender people attempt suicide due to their mass rejection in much of society. I have seen their tears. Despite it all, I see their compassion in wanting to be accepted and to their allies.

I invite all of you to join me at Transgender Pride in the Park in Ferndale in August if we are out of the pandemic. Meet my friend Rachel. She has saved thousands of people on the suicide hotline. She is an awesome person and a great asset to me as a bi person. These people are deeper than the faces you scoff at.
To clarify, I never said that transgender people DESERVED to be murdered, but rather, it is my understanding that the occurrence I mentioned is unfortunately not uncommon.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:58 am

So explain this to me MCRF, in the headline you wrote, you refer to "Queer Women." It would seem you use the word "queer" instead of the word lesbian. Are you insinuating that lesbian woman are strange or odd or of a questionable nature or character; suspicious; shady?
queer

adjective, queer·er, queer·est.
1. strange or odd from a conventional viewpoint; unusually different;

2. of a questionable nature or character; suspicious; shady:
Why would you choose that word, when lesbian would have worked perfectly?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:35 pm

Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:28 pm
km1125 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:41 pm
There's also the movement of many to convince all women that males are "evil" and destroying the world and harmful to women. Have that pounded into your head since birth and I could see a lot of females being hesitant to get into any relationship with a male.

They'll find out it's all wrong, but by then their 'clock' has ticked down close to zero and all the 'good guys' have been snapped up by the women who found the light earlier.
Well, if I was a woman and had men legislating my body, I can see how it would be possible to see men as evil. If you let women have more body autonomy, they become less bitchy.
You're right. It has nothing to do with a defenseless human being. I'm all with you on that. We should raise the abortion age limit to 16 or 18, because it would solve a lot of problems.

{/sarc]

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:49 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:58 am
So explain this to me MCRF, in the headline you wrote, you refer to "Queer Women." It would seem you use the word "queer" instead of the word lesbian. Are you insinuating that lesbian woman are strange or odd or of a questionable nature or character; suspicious; shady?
queer

adjective, queer·er, queer·est.
1. strange or odd from a conventional viewpoint; unusually different;

2. of a questionable nature or character; suspicious; shady:
Why would you choose that word, when lesbian would have worked perfectly?
Queer is an umbrella term for lesbian, bi, and transgender women. It has zero to do with character. It simply means "not straight".

Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:20 pm

Not according to Webster. See, one of the things I take umbrage with is groups highjacking the meanings of words I have used for years.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:54 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:20 pm
Not according to Webster. See, one of the things I take umbrage with is groups highjacking the meanings of words I have used for years.
I always thought queer was a male term. Nobody has used queer to seriously mean weird since the 60s or 70s.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:59 pm

Bryce wrote:
Language evolves faster than the dictionary reflects.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:24 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:54 pm
Bryce wrote:
I always thought queer was a male term. Nobody has used queer to seriously mean weird since the 60s or 70s.
Yeah, well, I'm old. Point is, why not use homosexual or lesbian? The meanings are perfectly clear.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:26 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:24 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:54 pm
Bryce wrote:
Yeah, well, I'm old. Point is, why not use homosexual or lesbian? The meanings are perfectly clear.
No argument here...

I prefer to be called straight, not cis or cisgendered. That's a bullshit re-wording if I've ever heard one.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:33 pm

Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:13 pm
non transgender people aren't familiar with being in the minority.
Fret not. I'm in the minority pretty much everywhere I go I'm quite comfortable with it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:35 pm

I gave blood today (not pulling a TCT humblebrag) for the first time before covid and was asked my gender. Is it disrespectful if if they ask me the next time if I say, "you asked me last time, can you make sure this is correctly entered in your records going forward?"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic