Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CEOs to MI House and Senate: Stop the Lawsuits

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

CEOs to MI House and Senate: Stop the Lawsuits

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:58 pm

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/coronavir ... ght-second

It appears that top CEOs who do business in Michigan don't want Whitmer harassed and support mask mandates. Shutting down businesses after employees get COVID is bad for business, who knew?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Re: CEOs to MI House and Senate: Stop the Lawsuits

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:42 am

Try convincing the idiots here. Traverse City just had the 3 worst days in the entire pandemic period. Our legislators about to learn how unpopular that move will turn out to be.
Last edited by TC Talks on Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:02 am

Yep, you got Wisconsin creep. As anyone with family or friends knows in the UP knows, Yoopers travel from there to Wisconsin very often. Wisconsin has broken into being the worst state pet capita. Many of them are highly angered now that COVID has hit there.

In addition, I know many people who travel from TC to St. Ignace or Mackinac quite often. It's a virus train/chain, and it's getting bad here. Part of that is because DINO Mark Hackel here in Macomb County refuses to enforce a mask mandate. We are testing at 7.2% positive compared to 4.5% for the rest of metro Detroit. Idiocy doesn't pay.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:16 am

The only thing I'm pissed about is my 93y/o Grandmother contracting coronavirus in the nursing home she resides in thanks to the shitty governor and shitty home administration.

LOL @ Wisconsin creep. It's a virus stupid, it spreads, that's how it works.

But hey, maybe we should put on our body armor and go set Tony Evers (D) into a rowboat in Lake Superior.

Gimme a break you guys...

Thread Killer

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:11 am

Unfortunately the lawsuits will be ongoing long past the governors tenure.

She made the state liable for billions of dollars of damages, including from nursing home residents, shuttered businesses and employees.

Not to mention the other lawsuits from Nessel's bonehead move to sue the power company to keep Sanford lake levels high to protect fresh-water mussels right before it collapsed.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:37 pm

UP906 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:16 am
The only thing I'm pissed about is my 93y/o Grandmother contracting coronavirus in the nursing home she resides in thanks to the shitty governor and shitty home administration.

But hey, maybe we should put on our body armor and go set Tony Evers (D) into a rowboat in Lake Superior.

You don't visit Wisconsin or know someone who does from th UP? Interesting.

Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:38 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:11 am

She made the state liable for billions of dollars of damages, including from nursing home residents, shuttered businesses and employees.

Not to mention the other lawsuits from Nessel's bonehead move to sue the power company to keep Sanford lake levels high to protect fresh-water mussels right before it collapsed.
You do realize that was privately owned by a GOP douche, right?

Audacity sucks.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:53 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:37 pm
UP906 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:16 am

You don't visit Wisconsin or know someone who does from th UP? Interesting.
Of course I do. In fact, in the last year I've visited Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Carolina, North Carolina, Nevada, Illinois, Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, and I think Iowa? What's your point? To call it Wisconsin creep is just stupid. One could call it Downstate creep, or Minnesota creep, or Illinois creep.

The fact is that this is a virus. It's only goal in life is to spread from one host to another. Barring COMPLETE AND TOTAL isolation, there is no way to stop it. If it is failing at its goal it will mutate until its goal is achieved.

You can't run from it and you can't hide from it. All you can do is social distance, wash your hands, and just don't be a nasty bastard in general.

Thread Killer

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:23 pm

Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:38 pm
audiophile wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:11 am

You do realize that was privately owned by a GOP douche, right?
Doesn't matter what names you call them, they got sued for lowering the lake levels - that helped to protect the dam.

I FOIA'd lawsuit and got a copy on Nessel's lawsuit against them.

Bottom line, Nessel broke the dam because was more concerned about the "rights of fresh-water mussels" than protecting the dam.

She is a fool!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:32 pm

The state of Michigan didn’t own the dam. Dana is in the clear!

Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:04 pm

Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:32 pm
The state of Michigan didn’t own the dam. Dana is in the clear!
Not quite. Try to walk in their shoes.

If the state sued you and said if lower the height of the dam again, they will fine you thousands of dollars and possibly jail you for contempt.

You'd say ok, I won't lower it like it did before, because of the pending lawsuit, knowing it takes once in a 500-year event for it fail.

When the spring rains came, you open the gates to max but it and overloaded the dam and it failed.

Then would you say its your fault (even though state forced you to keep the levels higher then you preferred for safety)?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:16 pm

So enough of Audio's petty conspiracy theories, I can think of dozens of businesses in my area that are absolutely angry at the State legislature. Fortunately our state senator is losing because of his support for the lawsuit.

Democrats are quickly becoming the party for business while Trump runs around shouting about biden's family. Biden is focused on the economy.

75% of small business owners earn less than the $400,000 threshold Biden has set.

When you add up Trump's fumbling of covid, the state Republican suing the governor about her covered response and cases starting to rise dramatically here in Michigan it doesn't add up well for the party many of you love to defend.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:32 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic