Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

It's time to ask the question: will the executive branch accept election results?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

It's time to ask the question: will the executive branch accept election results?

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:52 am

If Gretchen Whitmer is rightfully defeated in two years, will she accept defeat, or will the MSP or National Guard have to remove her while kicking and screaming?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Re: It's time to ask the question: will the executive branch accept election results?

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:01 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:52 am
If Gretchen Whitmer is rightfully defeated in two years, will she accept defeat, or will the MSP or National Guard have to remove her while kicking and screaming?
If she loses she will go. She isn’t Trump.

audiophile

Re: It's time to ask the question: will the executive branch accept election results?

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:26 pm

You're right she isn't Trump - she is 1000 times worse!

Both can be blowhards, but Trump hasn't constitutional rights of US citizens away like Whitmer has.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:30 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:26 pm
You're right she isn't Trump - she is 1000 times worse!

Both can be blowhards, but Trump hasn't constitutional rights of US citizens away like Whitmer has.
The folks snatched into vans in Portland interrogated without lawyers and released with no charges or explanation would beg to differ.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:47 pm

At least the were released without incident, unlike the businesses of this state which I would compare to the cold spell of white witch of Narnia that had to be rescued the by supreme court lion.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:49 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:47 pm
At least the were released without incident, unlike the businesses of this state which I would compare to the cold spell of white witch of Narnia that had to be rescued the by supreme court lion.

That’s apples and tow trucks...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:55 pm

Narnia (CS Lewis) might be unfamiliar even though it was a Disney flick.

Or in your case maybe you can relate to another Disney flick that Whimer like a tornado in a trailer park until being rescued by Mater. LOL

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:08 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:55 pm
Narnia (CS Lewis) might be unfamiliar even though it was a Disney flick.

Or in your case maybe you can relate to another Disney flick that Whimer like a tornado in a trailer park until being rescued by Mater. LOL
It’s not unfamiliar... it’s just a bad analogy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:11 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:49 pm
audiophile wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:47 pm

That’s apples and tow trucks...
I supposed apples to tow trucks is a bad analogy. j/k

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:18 pm

The big difference between Trump and Whitmer when it comes to losing court cases is that while both piss and moan about the outcome, Trump ultimately still abides by the ruling. Whitmer, on other hand, aside from giving the finger to the Court, continues to give the finger to legislature - the very body the Court said has the authority to do the things Whitmer still defiantly insists she has the power to do.

I said 5 or 6 months ago that Whitmer was a tyrant and I took some flak for that. However, I believe that time has proven me correct.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:19 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:18 pm
The big difference between Trump and Whitmer when it comes to losing court cases is that while both piss and moan about the outcome, Trump ultimately still abides by the ruling. Whitmer, on other hand, aside from giving the finger to the Court, continues to give the finger to legislature - the very body the Court said has the authority to do the things Whitmer still defiantly insists she has the power to do.

I said 5 or 6 months ago that Whitmer was a tyrant and I took some flak for that. However, I believe that time has proven me correct.
I tip my hat! You were correct.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:27 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:19 pm
To be clear, I'm not particularly happy about being correct, because after all, not only has Whitmer done literally a decade or more of damage (no exaggeration) to this state with her reckless behavior, but we're still stuck with her for at least another 2 years. What sickens me most about it is how she campaigned as a moderate who could get things done by working with Republicans. Remember those ads? What an absolute lie.

The only justice will be two-fold - a flood of lawsuits filed against her and/or her position, and a big loss at the polls in 2 years.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:32 pm

She is slippery:

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:45 pm

Maybe our resident personalty disorder expert screen glare can chime in and tell us if she's a sociopath. Antisocial personality disorder is...
...a pervasive and persistent disregard for morals, social norms, and the rights and feelings of others. Individuals with this personality disorder will typically have no compunction in exploiting others in harmful ways for their own gain...and frequently manipulate and deceive other people, achieving this through wit and a façade of superficial charm...They may display arrogance, think lowly and negatively of others, and lack remorse for their harmful actions and have a callous attitude to those they have harmed.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:46 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:27 pm
audiophile wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:19 pm
To be clear, I'm not particularly happy about being correct, because after all, not only has Whitmer done literally a decade or more of damage (no exaggeration) to this state with her reckless behavior, but we're still stuck with her for at least another 2 years. What sickens me most about it is how she campaigned as a moderate who could get things done by working with Republicans. Remember those ads? What an absolute lie.

The only justice will be two-fold - a flood of lawsuits filed against her and/or her position, and a big loss at the polls in 2 years.
I think the most amazing thing here is that you think she’ll have a big loss at the polls in 2 years. Republicans are a minority in this state. That means you will need some independents and Democrats on the band wagon. Good luck.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic