Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WILX giving strangers thousands!

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
kc8yqq

Re: WILX giving strangers thousands!

Post by kc8yqq » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:51 am

404 / Page Not Found

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:26 pm

No doubt it's a scam - from the video in the report, WILX won't even pay to replace the logo on the front of the building that hasn't been used in 20 years.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:39 pm

I was subject to one of these fake check scams several years ago. Got a check for $2,700 along with a letter stating that I had won the "Canada National Sweepstakes". The letter instructed to cash the check and wire the amount for a "processing fee" (red flag #1....why would they send me money to send them for processing when they could just cover it on their end?). The check itself was drawn on a bank in Benton Harbor (red flag #2....Canadian sweepstakes using a Michigan bank?). This was too good not to investigate!

Called the bank in Benton Harbor and gave them the check number and account ID. Sure enough, they verified the check was stolen....part of a batch that was intercepted in transit. Their advice was to destroy the check. I decided to take the check and the letter to the local sheriff's office and file a fraud report, just so they knew this crap this was making the rounds. Deputy said there wasn't much they could as a local authority to catch the scammers, but they did put scam alerts in the local papers so folks could be on the lookout and hopefully avoid the scam.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic