Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Sinclair Doesn’t Care

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
TC Shuts Up

Re: Sinclair Doesn’t Care

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:00 pm

Whenever I see this thread, I check my gas gauge.

Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:07 pm

Gives a new meaning to Dino-Diesel!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:42 pm

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:56 am

Who has two thumbs and had nothing to do with winning an award? 25-66’s former GM/egomaniac/accountant in chief. Run a TV station into the ground and fly across the country to accept an award recognizing the work of the station’s previous GM. That’s our buddy Chad!

http://komonews.com/news/local/salvatio ... ty-service

And I’m pretty sure this news release from the Baltimore Death Star is from The Onion. Because no one on Pierson Road would have voted Sinclair CEO Chris Ridley as “most admired” after layoffs, hiring freezes, and paying the lowest wages in the market.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 36839.html

How you can oversee a company that receives the largest ever FCC fine, peddle fake news is the form of corporate must run “stories” and make every one of your news anchors across the country look like buffoons is beyond me. But I sure hope Ripley enjoys his paid-for participation trophy!

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/how-a ... 1824233490

The same CEO that oversaw his company be ridiculed on national TV.

https://youtu.be/GvtNyOzGogc

Congrats Chad and Chris. You officially are some of the worst people in the broadcasting industry. Quick... get the PR firm to write up a news release!

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:21 am

I think this forum should be renamed Sinclair Bitchboard...omg

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:57 am

Force: do you disagree that the problems at 25-66 exist? If the low pay, low morale, bad management does exist as I have laid out, who’s responsibility is it to fix it?

I believe the station management who has made these decisions is responsible for the decades of low ratings and even lower revenue. We’ve lost many great employees because managers refuse to do their jobs and improve 25-66 for workers and viewers.

You may not like my “bitching” as you call it. I’d suggest then you either add constructive comments to the thread, ignore the posts, or put me as a “foe” so my posts don’t show up in your feed. I’m not going to stop posting what I feel are actions that go contrary to Sinclair acting in its FCC mandate of providing a high level of local news to viewers... instead of what they are doing now running on the cheap so it’s stations become piggy banks for David Smith, Chris Ripley, Scott Livingston, it’s GMs, etc. At least I’m not spreading hate speech like other posters on this forum (who have been foe’d by me a long time ago).

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:39 pm

sinklair wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:57 am
Force: do you disagree that the problems at 25-66 exist? If the low pay, low morale, bad management does exist as I have laid out, who’s responsibility is it to fix it?

I believe the station management who has made these decisions is responsible for the decades of low ratings and even lower revenue. We’ve lost many great employees because managers refuse to do their jobs and improve 25-66 for workers and viewers.

You may not like my “bitching” as you call it. I’d suggest then you either add constructive comments to the thread, ignore the posts, or put me as a “foe” so my posts don’t show up in your feed. I’m not going to stop posting what I feel are actions that go contrary to Sinclair acting in its FCC mandate of providing a high level of local news to viewers... instead of what they are doing now running on the cheap so it’s stations become piggy banks for David Smith, Chris Ripley, Scott Livingston, it’s GMs, etc. At least I’m not spreading hate speech like other posters on this forum (who have been foe’d by me a long time ago).
Have you thought about starting a GoFundMe?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:59 am

Matt: no.

Sinclair is making enough profit to actually pay its employees a decent wage.

Executive chairman David Smith made $325-million last year. President & CEO Chris Ripley made $9.9-million. The company had revenues of $4.2-billion and profits of $2.2-billion last year. All this while raking up record FCC fines of $48-million due to its mishandling of the Tribune merger, lack of sponsorship identification and not negotiating retrans agreements in good faith.

I think Sinclair can actually afford to pay its workers a fair wage... the same workers who help the company make $4.2-billion.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:28 pm

They don't have to pay you more. You will stay and piss and moan!
You negotiated your wage when you signed your contract!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic