Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kyle Rittenhouse is a hero.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse is a hero.

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:08 pm

I have taken the compass test each year. Since 2016, I always get left libertarian not too far from center. It scores me -3, -3 usually. Just took it 3 months ago, and that's what I got.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:11 pm

I got an 80/90.

Thread Killer

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:35 pm

UP906 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:11 pm
I got an 80/90.
Imagine claiming to be a libertarian yet having such severe TDS that you're voting for Joe Biden and his authoritarian party.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:38 pm

Fascism is opposite libertarianism, so it's no conflict at all.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:45 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:35 pm
UP906 wrote:
I got an 80/90.
Imagine claiming to be a libertarian yet having such severe TDS that you're voting for Joe Biden and his authoritarian party.
I couldn't fathom being that twisted. However, as you can see, they are making their own labels and denying reality.

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:17 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:35 pm
UP906 wrote:
I got an 80/90.
Left libertarianism is not Rand Paul style libertarianism.

Here read this:
1) The PATRIOT Act is not Patriotism, it is Oppression - I don't believe it's any of the government's business to spy on my emails, my phone calls, or any other means of communication I engage in including smoke signals and semaphores, without a duly sworn PUBLIC warrant. None of this 'secret court' crap.

2) Marriage is a Religious Thing, Civil Union is a Government-Recognised Thing - It's well past time we split this particular conflation apart. Who I choose to marry (get engaged to, love, shack up with, take out to dinner, and/or engage in consensual spanking) is none of the Government's business. Nor is it the business of anyone's boss, clergyman, pollster, insurance adjuster, or news agency. All those matters are between me and my Better Half; all others can pound sand.

3) The Poor and The Downtrodden are Not Evil Or Lazy - While I do agree that we need 'safety nets' for those less fortunate, they are currently structured to be wasteful and offer little to no leverage to transition from them. They are not wasteful in regard to the people currently enrolled; instead they are wasteful in how they are managed, and by what private enterprises.

4) The War On Drugs is Unwinnable - While I do agree that we have a "drug problem", it is painfully evident that throwing lots of money, police, lawyers, courts, bloodhounds, vehicles, spy satellites, and other materiel at the problem Has Not Solved Anything. We need a complete paradigm shift in how we deal with addiction and illicit drug sales.

5) Capitalism is Not Perfect, and Needs Guidance and Discipline - Capitalism can be self-correcting on occasion, but Capitalism as a self-correcting and ethical entity is a myth. There must be Oversight, with rules that make sense and consequences that have teeth. The Federal Reserve must be audited regularly, and we must stop accepting former banksters as Federal Reserve directors. The same goes for the EPA (no longer to be a bought-and-paid-for rubber stamp for Big Energy), the FDA (otherwise known as The Reps From Monsanto), or other entities whose purpose is to regulate, audit, and correct. If Big Business is unethical, then it should, always and without exception, feel the sting of Government whacking its fundament.

6) Subsidized Business Is Not Capitalism - if a business is unviable, then it should not be in business. If a business cannot make a profit without receiving regular infusions of taxpayer money, then it should A) cease to be a going concern, or B) in the case of required services such as highway maintenance, become a bona-fide adjunct to the government (see US Postal Service, which if Congress would stop giving untenable budgeting requirements to it like, say, funding pensions 75 years ahead of vestment, would be perfectly viable).

7) Politics Is Not A Career - If your entire life's goal is to become a congressman, then you need to rethink your goals, because representing your fellow man should never be profitable. Instead it is honorable, a duty akin to military service. Once you've served your time, you can hang a fancy title over your desk, and then get on with what you're really good at.

8) Bribery and Collusion Are Felonious - Requiring people (voters, lobbyists, businessmen) to pay you to get an audience, or promise you 'favors' in a tit-for-tat fashion, should be considered solicitation of bribes, with perpetrators tried as such (with mandatory minimum jail time). Lobbyists or others who solicit favor from their elected officials should be tries for bribery, with the same consequence.

9) Running For Office Should be Free - With all the money saved from not paying each other bribes, we should have plenty of tax money left to fund ad time on any/all of the forms of mass media available. However, with the exception of specific votes cast, using ad time to degrade your opponent's rep is verboten, and all false statements (including hyperbole or 'what if' speculation) made in such ads will be considered slander. Also, if you're not running for office, or haven't sponsored (or gone on record as opposing) a proposed bill? you don't get to run ads. No more PAC swift-boating allowed, Mister Rove.

10) Social Benefit Funds are Sacrosanct - These programs exist solely to provide income/benefits to private individuals, and are either paid for by funds withheld from incomes, or by taxation. These funds are off limits to any and all Government projects or departments. Monies 'borrowed' from such funds will be placed at the top of all budgets proposed, with all other funding needs at lower priority until they are paid in full. This includes the ACA, or whatever form it mutates into (Single Payer would probably work best, because right now it's a Federally-mandated Healthcare Bazaar, which may work itself into a profitable yet fair system, or become yet another price-fixed feeding trough for the healthcare industry.)

11) Planned Parenthood Is Better than Non-Planned Parenthood - I will go on record as stating I do not believe a child's soul is defined at conception, but rather when they breathe their first breath (inspiration), while I regard abortion as a hard choice to make, it should only be up to a woman and her doctor. No clergy, no businesses, no fellow citizens, and no Government need have a say (an exception might be made for the potential father, IF the pregnancy was not due to rape, assault, or sexual congress with a child or invalid). By the same token, restricting access to birth control is no business of business, government, or clergy. Doctors can prescribe, and patients can choose to use the prescription, or not.

12) Education Opens Doors - These doors should be ones of opportunity, of social involvement, not doors with bars and locks. We are currently doing a half-assed job of educating our kids, long on technical focus, test-taking, and propaganda, not so much on problem-solving, research, ethics, or civic history and pride. We want future voters who can think about issues, not parrot back what the Idiot Box (or the Intarwebz) throws into their heads. Otherwise they will have no yardstick with which to measure truth from falsehood, facts and discourse from propaganda.

13) We are Stewards of this Earth - Just as we are expected to keep our houses clean and our vehicles in working order, we should also keep our planet tidy as we can manage, while also exploring our immediate stellar neighborhood "because it is there". We should encourage curiosity, wonder, and exploration along with good stewardship and courtesy - else should God/Jesus/Xenu come calling after all, we may appear as uncouth and backwards idiots with bad eating habits and no concept of cleanliness.

There. That wasn't too bad, was it?

Deleted User 15335

Post by Deleted User 15335 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:20 pm

1) The PATRIOT Act is not Patriotism, it is Oppression - I don't believe it's any of the government's business to spy on my emails, my phone calls, or any other means of communication I engage in including smoke signals and semaphores, without a duly sworn PUBLIC warrant. None of this 'secret court' crap.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:26 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:06 pm
MCRF and RT, take the test: I got 80 for both.

https://www.theadvocates.org/results/li ... ?x=80&y=80
A 100 and a 0... so the thing labeled me a progressive. I don’t think that’s perfectly fair... I reject some of the AOCx3 tenets...

But I went 100% libertarian on the social issues and 0% on the economic issues because I believe it’s nobody’s business but mine what is done in my personal life but I also believe the government needs to conduct oversight of the financial system and it does have a responsibility to safeguard the wellbeing of those at the bottom as well as the population at large say during a pandemic.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:38 pm

Took the test.

Personal 90

Economic 20

Progressive.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:47 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:26 pm
A 100 and a 0... so the thing labeled me a progressive. I don’t think that’s perfectly fair... I reject some of the AOCx3 tenets...

But I went 100% libertarian on the social issues and 0% on the economic issues because I believe it’s nobody’s business but mine what is done in my personal life but I also believe the government needs to conduct oversight of the financial system and it does have a responsibility to safeguard the wellbeing of those at the bottom as well as the population at large say during a pandemic.
Rejected only "some"? Well, DUH!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:48 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:47 am
Rate This wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:26 pm

Rejected only "some"? Well, DUH!
You do understand the results and why I have a slight problem with them correct?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:42 pm

It's a bullshit test for "libertarians" who kiss Alex Jones' ass.

Audacity sucks.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:43 pm

They are suing Biden and the Biden/Harris campaign for big bucks in a libel suit.

Sorry for the Fox link, but it's all I could find reporting this.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/kyle-rittenh ... aign-libel

Thread Killer

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:25 am

Potato Brain Biden will be a defendant soon.

https://youtu.be/Z0Gzx-DOiGc

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:58 pm

UP906 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:25 am
Potato Brain Biden will be a defendant soon.

https://youtu.be/Z0Gzx-DOiGc
Rittenhouse will have a tough time winning. He’s now a household name.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic