Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Haley Stevens Roop Raj political commercial

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Tman

Haley Stevens Roop Raj political commercial

Post by Tman » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:37 pm

I was so surprised to see Haley Stevens political ad commercial that included Roop Raj stating positive comments about her . Is this not a conflict of intrest for Roop to stay unbiased ? I cant believe also that Fox 2 would ok this for the same reason . Help me out hear gang . I find this very confusing .

JLesinski

Re: Haley Stevens Roop Raj political commercial

Post by JLesinski » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:46 pm

I believe its just a quick clip from a previous story. That said, its pretty obvious where Roop's favor lies.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:31 am

Local TV literally plays Biden ads as 'news' and has the anchors sit stunned by his majesty, then they start smearing Trump with obviously spun or totally faked news.

This is simply the next step.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:51 am

I, too, saw the ad in question and was surprised to see footage of Roop Raj on camera. It wasn't just a few second snippet, either.

I have no idea if Raj or WJBK were given advance notice that such footage would be used, but the Stevens campaign certainly seems to be attempting to create the impression that Raj endorses her policy positions and candidacy. I could understand using some of the audio from his report, but to actually show him on screen for that length of time struck me as unusual if not entirely inappropriate.

I do believe she will win reelection; the results will likely be similar to 2018.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:56 am

696lover wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:31 am
Local TV literally plays Biden ads as 'news' and has the anchors sit stunned by his majesty, then they start smearing Trump with obviously spun or totally faked news.

The next step of what exactly?

Not all ideas are created equal nor should they be treated equal. And then when somebody lies endlessly they are gonna start to lose credibility... The Trump folks dig their own graves on this stuff...

proxima3

Post by proxima3 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:56 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:56 am
696lover wrote:

Not all ideas are created equal nor should they be treated equal. And then when somebody lies endlessly they are gonna start to lose credibility... The Trump folks dig their own graves on this stuff...
Yep, that darn Trump... forcing the media into reporting fake news. :roll:

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:03 pm

proxima3 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:56 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:56 am
696lover wrote:

Yep, that darn Trump... forcing the media into reporting fake news. :roll:
So we should simply take his lying on its face as if it were reality?

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:11 pm

Tman wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:37 pm
I was so surprised to see Haley Stevens political ad commercial that included Roop Raj stating positive comments about her . Is this not a conflict of intrest for Roop to stay unbiased ? I cant believe also that Fox 2 would ok this for the same reason . Help me out hear gang . I find this very confusing .
I agree, it gives the impression that an "unbiased" journalist is making a political endorsement.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:18 pm

It will be interesting to see if that ad continues to run. Has it aired on Fox 2? I think I was watching WXYZ when I saw it.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:00 pm

Roop has worked hard to make himself one of the best politically connected reporters in the market. He seems to have a real good relationship with the Trump campaign.

Tman

Post by Tman » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:13 am

I saw it Saturday on Fox 2 during there morning news .

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic