Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fox 17 Changes

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Localnewsisdead

Fox 17 Changes

Post by Localnewsisdead » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:38 pm

Fox 17 morning anchor/reporter Nicole DiDonato announced that she is leaving the station. She has taken a job with the City of Walker where she will serve as their communications manager.

In the weather department Chief Meteorologist Kevin Craig is moving to Monday through Friday mornings (6am-9am). Current morning meteorologist, Anthony Domol, will be taking over Monday through Friday evenings (6/10/11pm).

Reese K Rickards

Re: Fox 17 Changes

Post by Reese K Rickards » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:13 am

What shame another broadcaster is out of the business, but who could blame her. Working for government entity with real benefits, a pension, and regular normal person hours? That is a died and gone to heaven job. I worked for a year at WWSB TV in Florida. I was an audio board op. (and a lousy one at that), But I never saw a more miserable place to work in my life. All the reporters and producers were underpaid and over worked. When contracts ran out, no one got raises, and nearly all left the business. It was a real shame. Some were really talented. AND, I can't say it is like this everywhere but the young 20's women were incredibly demanding. And not talented. I would not have hired them for weekends at WOOD.

If I Heart GR really wanted to save money, it would sublet two of it's three floors at 77 Monroe Center.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:35 pm

Reese K Rickards wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:13 am
What shame another broadcaster is out of the business, but who could blame her. Working for government entity with real benefits, a pension, and regular normal person hours? That is a died and gone to heaven job. I worked for a year at WWSB TV in Florida. I was an audio board op. (and a lousy one at that), But I never saw a more miserable place to work in my life. All the reporters and producers were underpaid and over worked. When contracts ran out, no one got raises, and nearly all left the business. It was a real shame. Some were really talented. AND, I can't say it is like this everywhere but the young 20's women were incredibly demanding. And not talented. I would not have hired them for weekends at WOOD.
With all due respect, this is not exactly a unique phenomena. I'd be willing to wager it happens one or twice a year at every DMA in the country.

Reese K Rickards

Post by Reese K Rickards » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:33 pm

I could not agree more.

If I Heart GR really wanted to save money, it would sublet two of it's three floors at 77 Monroe Center.

Doktor No

Post by Doktor No » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:45 pm

Look at the various Kent County boards that have broadcasters working public relations from most of the local TV stations. Some from 17, some from TV8

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic