Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Slogans not matching stations

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
CurlyHoward

Re: Slogans not matching stations

Post by CurlyHoward » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:44 pm

Yeah discussion of modern Toledo radio is very relevant and exciting so stay on topic please. Has Denny been furloughed again this week?

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:46 am

CurlyHoward wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:44 pm
Yeah discussion of modern Toledo radio is very relevant and exciting so stay on topic please. Has Denny been furloughed again this week?
I haven't listened to 93.5 this past weekened, so I'm not sure. He was on last week.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:30 pm

CurlyHoward wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:44 pm
Yeah discussion of modern Toledo radio is very relevant and exciting so stay on topic please...
That's the whole problem. NOBODY is making radio waves outside of Detroit. A sign that FM might be ready to decline further. Remember that 10 yrs ago, "Your Hick Parade" was getting 13 shares easily. Now lucky to hit 9 shares. Someone has to make some waves, before the business model dies. This includes being honest with a station slogan.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:56 pm

Ten years ago, there were two fewer country signals in Toledo. 98.3 was spinning CHR/Pop and 107.7 was broadcasting to the boonies.

I've got news for ya - radio sucks in Detroit, too!

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:10 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:56 pm
Ten years ago, there were two fewer country signals in Toledo. 98.3 was spinning CHR/Pop and 107.7 was broadcasting to the boonies.

And Chicago, and Cleveland, and Milwaukee, and Kalamazoo, and South Bend.

Frankly the only two markets I find decent are Green Bay/Appleton and Ft. Wayne.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:16 pm

CurlyHoward wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:10 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:56 pm

And Chicago, and Cleveland, and Milwaukee, and Kalamazoo, and South Bend.

Frankly the only two markets I find decent are Green Bay/Appleton and Ft. Wayne.
Quite frankly, both stink IMO. Neither are innovative, but slightly better than Toledo and CMH. In GB/A, stations are so far apart. And folks have been talking about "The Rotten Apple 106" for decades. Then WPKR wasted signal, Gnash or not, no urban, the cliche Y100, a Wisconsin version of KHate, etc. Sure, if you are white and Christian (boring radio)- great market. That was at one point- a decent, not a great market.

Same thing for Ft. Wayne. White and Christian = Boring radio again. Even WMEE went downhill.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:10 pm

Most of the people in those markets are white and Christian so yes, the radio is going to match that.

I like rock, both have very good rock stations that play new music as opposed to stale old WIOT, WRKR, WLUP before it was put out of its misery, etc.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:20 pm

CurlyHoward wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:10 pm
Most of the people in those markets are white and Christian so yes, the radio is going to match that.

I like rock, both have very good rock stations that play new music as opposed to stale old WIOT, WRKR, WLUP before it was put out of its misery, etc.
GB has a Black community that is half-assed served by a CHR called 95-9 "Kiss FM" (not iHeart). So disagree. Fox Cities are not all white either. Not sure why minorities are not being served, but it's a disgrace!

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:49 pm

Pretty sure Green Bay's black community is much smaller than Holy Mother Toledo's Hispanic community, yet the only Spanish language radio heard in T-town is a couple of hours on the weekend on WCWA. So it's not like Green Bay is uniquely racist.

You want every market to sound like San Francisco. Not going to happen.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:03 am

CurlyHoward wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:49 pm
Pretty sure Green Bay's black community is much smaller than Holy Mother Toledo's Hispanic community, yet the only Spanish language radio heard in T-town is a couple of hours on the weekend on WCWA. So it's not like Green Bay is uniquely racist.

You want every market to sound like San Francisco. Not going to happen.
Ummm.... Guess you have not heard 96.5 in Toledo. 100% hispanic. You need to brush up on your facts. "Might not have" is not what we are talking about. But ignorance is bliss.

Yeah, and you want every market to be Nashville and white. Now who's calling the kettle "the N word?" Oh wait- that was a homophobic slur, under the sheets. We all know about those who slur/mock "homosexuals!" Calling Larry Craig!!!!

Now CH, we are way off topic. To continue your arguing and drama, I suggest you DM/inbox me. If not, "foe" me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic