Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gary Pecker’s campaign in full panic-mode

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MasterB

Re: Gary Pecker’s campaign in full panic-mode

Post by MasterB » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:28 am

Pretty much the US Senate race has gotten low will even get even lower and dirty as well. I hope John James beats Gary Peters in Nov I'll be voting for James again as I did in 2018 which I was glad he didn't lose by a lot to Debbie she hasn't done anything for Michigan Stabenow it showed she can be beaten. I see John James winning office even if he loses in Nov he'll run for congress in 2022 build-up from there just my opinion.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:56 pm

Gary Peters grew up in a trailer park. That's not privileged.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:25 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:12 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:56 pm
Trailer trash is a mentality, not a location.
Coming from a trailer park in general carries a stigma one must overcome just like a project or an apartment complex.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:33 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:58 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:25 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:12 pm
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:56 pm
Trailer trash is a mentality, not a location.
Coming from a trailer park in general carries a stigma one must overcome just like a project or an apartment complex.
You would know. Just like a cleft palate, lazy eye, limp, and being pigeon toed.
I defer to you on those items.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:10 pm

Rate This wrote:
Really? When I'm in Houston, I stay here. I feel no stigma whatsoever.

https://www.retreatatriverstone.com/

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:57 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:10 pm
Rate This wrote:
Really? When I'm in Houston, I stay here. I feel no stigma whatsoever.

https://www.retreatatriverstone.com/
That’s chateau de apartment... that’s more like a McMansion that cant decide to be one house.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:47 pm

https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/texas ... index.html

I stayed here when I went to the GCN(Gay Christian Network) conference in 2016 and also stayed with family I have in Houston afterwards. I got a scholarship for volunteering. It was a great gay time.

Some of you would have had a coronary being we had non gendered bathrooms. Yes, women and men in the same bathrooms, and everyone was fine. It's actually quite common in socially advanced Europe.

As for Gary, I know that he doesn't forget his roots.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:38 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:10 am
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:47 pm
https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/texas ... index.html

I stayed here when I went to the GCN(Gay Christian Network) conference in 2016 and also stayed with family I have in Houston afterwards. I got a scholarship for volunteering. It was a great gay time.

Some of you would have had a coronary being we had non gendered bathrooms. Yes, women and men in the same bathrooms, and everyone was fine. It's actually quite common in socially advanced Europe.

As for Gary, I know that he doesn't forget his roots.
Remind me, is “a great gay time” when everyone gets AIDS or when nobody gets AIDS?

A gay Christian conference? That’s a joke, right?

Seeing Jesus affirmed one man and one woman.

Matthew 19:4-6

4 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Oh, but you don’t care about evidence and facts.
Interesting that audio made a similar bigoted post last week. Almost word for word. Hmmm....

Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:49 pm

Just like anything, you can weaponize the Bible.

Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:22 am

And several spa's I've visited in Germany have communal showers. The first time I went I freaked out because I thought I had walked into the ladies shower by mistake. Then I figured it out. No one bats an eye.

I'm not on board with calling them non-gendered though. Everyone has a gender. How about calling them Mixed Gender?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:37 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:22 am

And several spa's I've visited in Germany have communal showers. The first time I went I freaked out because I thought I had walked into the ladies shower by mistake. Then I figured it out. No one bats an eye.

I'm not on board with calling them non-gendered though. Everyone has a gender. How about calling them Mixed Gender?
It's semantics, but I wouldn't care either way.

Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:43 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:28 am
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:49 pm
Just like anything, you can weaponize the Bible.
Quoting what Jesus said about men, women, and marriage is “weaponizing”?
https://youtu.be/6Mz5JbkFlok

Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:12 am

John James is a strong candidate; this is a rare instance where the Republican candidate has a very decent chance of winning election to the U.S. Senate from Michigan.

For a while, I by far saw more lawn signs from John James in my neighborhood than any other candidate running for office this election. However, within the last 30 days, the Oakland County Dems seem to have mobilized, as I've seen many signs for Biden/Harris and Peters go up. Now, I'd say it's 50/50 between signs for James versus those for Peters. Still, that's quite remarkable, since my neighborhood leans Dem (i.e. white professionals who listen to NPR, shop at Whole Foods, etc).

There are a number of folks who have James signs who do not have Trump signs. In contrast, nearly all the homes with Peters signs also have Biden signs.

This suggests to me, at least in my little corner of the world, that James actually stands a chance of garnering more votes than Trump in my precinct.

Oddly, I've seen zero signs for either of the two major party congressional candidates in my neck of the woods. Our State Senate seat was up for grabs two years ago, so that seat is off the grid for this year's election.

If the Republicans don't win this Senate race, it wouldn't surprise me if both Senate seats from Michigan remain in Dem hands for at least the next two decades.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:14 am

IF Gary loses he could always run Stabenow's spot when she retires.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:00 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:12 am
John James is a strong candidate; this is a rare instance where the Republican candidate has a very decent chance of winning election to the U.S. Senate from Michigan.

For a while, I by far saw more lawn signs from John James in my neighborhood than any other candidate running for office this election. However, within the last 30 days, the Oakland County Dems seem to have mobilized, as I've seen many signs for Biden/Harris and Peters go up. Now, I'd say it's 50/50 between signs for James versus those for Peters. Still, that's quite remarkable, since my neighborhood leans Dem (i.e. white professionals who listen to NPR, shop at Whole Foods, etc).

There are a number of folks who have James signs who do not have Trump signs. In contrast, nearly all the homes with Peters signs also have Biden signs.

This suggests to me, at least in my little corner of the world, that James actually stands a chance of garnering more votes than Trump in my precinct.

Oddly, I've seen zero signs for either of the two major party congressional candidates in my neck of the woods. Our State Senate seat was up for grabs two years ago, so that seat is off the grid for this year's election.

If the Republicans don't win this Senate race, it wouldn't surprise me if both Senate seats from Michigan remain in Dem hands for at least the next two decades.
James is running 2-4 points ahead of Trump in the polls usually. Peters is probably ahead 4-6.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic