Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

America This Week peddling more COVID misinformation

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

America This Week peddling more COVID misinformation

Post by sinklair » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:00 pm

Fox News flunkee Eric Bolling had to can one of his little watched “America This Week” episodes on 25-66 after he invited on a QAnon guest who falsely claimed that Dr. Anthony Fauci created the coronavirus.

You’d think Bolling would learn his lesson. You’d be wrong. You’d think Sinclair would learn its lesson. Nope.

Now, Bolling is pitching other theories that have also been discredited... like herd immunity (which national health experts say could result in two million American deaths) and that comorbidity means that only 6% of COVID deaths were actually caused by the disease (a fact that even medical school students could disprove).

https://www.mediamatters.org/coronaviru ... t-covid-19

The new GM and the In Over Her Head News Director should refuse to run this crap. If they don’t want to do their job and operate in the public interest by airing accurate medical information during a deadly pandemic, then they should lose their jobs and FCC license.

DAC

Re: America This Week peddling more COVID misinformation

Post by DAC » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:50 pm

This is an example of why I am just sick and tired of "news" in general. Either the information being disseminated is completely slanted to reflect the supposedly hidden view of the network/station/journalist, or a story is presented as news before there are any facts to back up. A prime example is today's story about Trump telling Bob Woodward that he wanted to play down the danger of the COVID 19 virus. I heard it on two national news outlets today, and both of them presented the entire story as fact, and then at the end said that they had not heard the tapes or found any other evidence supporting that the story is true. I'm not saying I don't believe it, since almost anything is possible when it comes to what comes out of the President's mouth, but by the time it's stated that there isn't any hard evidence, everyone has already assumed it's true and Twitter (among other places) is lit up.

Would it be too much to ask that any story that makes it into print or onto the airwaves be fact based and not speculation or opinion? Otherwise it really isn't "news."

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:05 am

The MS media provides all the panic one would need for several lifetimes.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:06 am

Sinclair must not have heard the tapes either, because none of its “national correspondents” bothered to cover this story/stuck their head in the sand.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2020/ ... ws-to-them

President Trump is in town today. Let’s see if the In Over Her Head News Director sees fit to have one of our reporters ask a real question about Bob Woodward’s book and tapes... or if she cowers to corporate pressure to bury bad news on Trump.

Let me help Neille-Ann with some basic research from the Associated Press, found on the MidMichigannews.com website:
https://nbc25news.com/news/coronavirus/ ... k-to-virus

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:21 am

Even Fox News and NewsMax devoted airtime yesterday to covering Woodward’s book.

Sinclair’s response: what’s a book?

It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to realize that Sinclair/25-66 is just a mouthpiece for Trump. It’s former commentator Boris “Rocks in his Mouth” Epstein is back working for the campaign.

Let’s see what happens today. I doubt we’ll ask anything but softball questions, though.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:27 am

I agree. Most the programming makes you want to puke with liberal bias.

Some of the local folks are half-way decent though.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:02 am

Audio: most people here are good. It’s the management of last-place, do-it-on-the-cheap 25-66 that suck.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic