Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Mr.Transistor

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:28 pm

I agree, I believe they will carry on as if nothing happened and I do think we are at a turning point with this show. It is quite unbelievable what goes on yet a very difficult listen. Ron is an
extremely difficult person to get along with. I think his best partner he had was Alex because Alex was well informed on sports, had good takes, and would give it right back to Ron and let the small stuff roll off his shoulders.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:26 pm

Would anyone know how much he pays for his time a week? I’m guessing it can’t be much because nobody listens to the station. I agree, I can see us tuning in on a Friday and we get oldies instead of Ron because the station has had enough of him. His true persona showed through when he called Martin an asshole. When someone answers his question and he calls them a jerk, there is probably more truth to that than a joke.

313sports

Post by 313sports » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:15 pm

Martin is a good social media promoter who does a lot behind the scenes but does not really seem like a sports guy. Matt was comical relief and a punching bag for Ron. Alex was around for a long time, but knew his role well and probably outgrew his role on the show to be honest. The only thing certain is that all 3 brought something different good and bad.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:31 pm

Ron's twitter account that Martin runs hasn't been updated since last Saturday. It's usually updated regularly... Hmmmm. Will Ron be back with Martin tomorrow?

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:07 pm

wtfdetroit wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:31 pm
Ron's twitter account that Martin runs hasn't been updated since last Saturday. It's usually updated regularly... Hmmmm. Will Ron be back with Martin tomorrow?
I have a feeling Martin is just fed up- don't blame him at all. Ron basically crapped on him on the air. I think you will see bare minimum from him and Ron will continue on the downward spiral. I'm sure they'll probably be back with no reference to what took place last week and like you said the station more than happy to cash Ron's check. This guy really has no shame talking about his diarrhea problems at the Patriot and how he was banned from the station to his belittling his coworkers.

On another note I remember someone asking when Ron was going to have Mark Wilson on as a guest and Ron saying Mark is just not into sports right now with the pandemic, doesn't really want to talk sports, etc. Well I came across Mark's facebook page and it's littered with current sports talk and items so Mark seems very well informed on the goings on of sports during today's pandemic.

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:04 pm

Yeah, no one should be surprised that Ron would lie about Mark Wilson.

Has anyone heard JJ on any other call-in show? I remember him talking about how he weighed 300 lbs. That, coupled with him being over 60 years old, put him at a higher Covid risk. And what about Ken from Livonia, the nasally “real quick” guy? He, too, hasn’t been heard from since Ron returned to the airwaves after the shutdowns.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:24 am

Momo wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:04 pm
Yeah, no one should be surprised that Ron would lie about Mark Wilson.

Has anyone heard JJ on any other call-in show? I remember him talking about how he weighed 300 lbs. That, coupled with him being over 60 years old, put him at a higher Covid risk. And what about Ken from Livonia, the nasally “real quick” guy? He, too, hasn’t been heard from since Ron returned to the airwaves after the shutdowns.
I've heard JJ call into WTKA-1050 to talk about U-M football in the morning. You can't pick up WPON south of 94 and JJ living in Lincoln Park puts him as a non participant in Rons shows. I think I remember Ron or some other caller saying that Ken from Livonia passed away sometime this year.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:49 am

If true, sorry to hear about Ken. Although I'd be decidedly skeptical if Ron's the source of this information. Ron thinks every caller who hasn't called in a few weeks must be dead. I'm surprised that JJ may not have internet access to listen online.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:06 am

Is Martin there? I heard a male voice, but his “hey kids” intro was missing today.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:10 am

Ron is trying to be Mr nice guy this morning but it’s only a matter of time before he reverts back to grumpy egotistical Ron.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:13 am

I heard a recorded female voice do the station ID at the top of the hour. Can't tell if Martin is there, I am betting he is but keeping his mouth shut, no technical difficulties so I am bet he is. Ron sounds like he's in a fantastic mood like he took his meds today or something. Why does this Mark always entertain Ron with restaurant questions? Ron has been stringing everyone along on this for years.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:15 am

If someone calls in and asks Ron why he's not in the Michigan sports broadcaster HOF or tells him the players deserve all the money in the world that will be a sure way to set Ron's mood southward.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:16 am

I’ve seen Fenech’s byline on some non-sports stories. He’s only in his early 30s, so not a candidate for a buy-out.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:19 am

I think Mark from Warren might be an old “insurance company” employee. He asks the kind of softball questions “they” were famous for.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:20 am

Fenech is actually a pretty decent writer but he is a shit stirrer and he's kind of a turd. He's not well liked by many of the players and co workers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic