Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

COVID kills only 6% of those who die with it

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: COVID kills only 6% of those who die with it

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:33 pm

From a CDC reorganized with Trumpers. Fake news.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:36 pm

I still can't figure out what his point is. That we should all just ignore the virus? That it isn't real?

That the 180 K of your countrymen that have died, really died from bone spurs or hiccups?

I don't get it.
Last edited by Turkeytop on Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:37 pm

The idea from Trump is to keep moving the goal posts and one of his points stick. The falsehoods are then deemed as jokes if they don't resonate with Americans. It's a decent strategy if the way electorate is dumb enough, and many of them are sadly.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:39 am

Brutally stupid thread. Covid minimizer. All to help Dumb Ass Donald remain “George Wallace In The White House”.

Covid a lethal microbe. Raging in a global pandemic. Those who survive report lingering nerve, brain, pulmonary, heart injuries.

The 1,000 Trump “plants” cheering maskless during his rambling speech on the white house lawn are incubating the virus. Who will die? Who will pass it on and kill others? Who will suffer lingering injuries?

Who cares? He sure as hell doesn’t.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:05 am

WOULD be funny, Chucklehead. If he weren't so dangerous for democracy.
Saw Hamilton again last night. Trump far more like King George III than President George Washington.

Of course!

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:02 am

I saw data back in the spring that showed that a vast majority of COVID deaths in Italy were in victims with multiple underlying medical conditions

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:45 am

So the family members of the 180 K victims should find comfort in the knowledge that the loss of their loved one was just a minor, statistical blip.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:56 pm

TT I explained this before...on a proportional basis 147,600/180,000 would died anyway in the same timeframe.

Coronavirus increased the death rate by 18% over what normally would have died.

I think they future death rate will likely decrease because that can survive Covid will likely survive the flu.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:01 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:07 pm
So the family members of the 180 K victims should find comfort in the knowledge that the loss of their loved one was just a minor, statistical blip.
More people die of Heart Disease than Covid. Where is your concern for that ??
Heart disease is very serious. I've lost two family members to heart disease. But I didn't try to minimize it by suggesting their deaths were really caused by migraines or acne.

If someone here was trying to make that case, I would be challenging that too.

hanson

Post by hanson » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:15 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:30 am
TT:
That the 180 K of your countrymen that have died, really died from bone spurs or hiccups?

I don't get it.
180,000 deaths out of 330 million people equates to .00005%. And........you will NEVER understand (or get it).
Try calculating the percentage by infected, not percentage by population. trump pushes this false narrative as well >:

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:24 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:01 pm
R Bedell wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:07 pm
More people die of Heart Disease than Covid. Where is your concern for that ??
Heart disease is very serious. I've lost two family members to heart disease. But I didn't try to minimize it by suggesting their deaths were really caused by migraines or acne.

If someone here was trying to make that case, I would be challenging that too.
I have empathy, but just as traffic engineer knows when you change a speed limit it will change amount of people that will die, and it's just reality of what is an "acceptable risk".

To have zero risk, the speed limit what have to be 0 and that is not practical.

And we could ban alcohol to prevent DUI's, but you would not be a happy camper TT!

Can we agree there is a point of "acceptable risk" somewhere?
Last edited by audiophile on Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:27 pm

Figures lie and liars figure. What if one of those deaths had been a close family member or friend? Would you shrug it off as merely a statistical fluke?
Last edited by Turkeytop on Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:16 pm

Biden just this afternoon claimed that 2020 is the worst year in the last 100 years for Covid. Way to go Joe, that’s my man. :rollin

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:34 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:16 pm
R Bedell wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:11 pm
It is unbelievable that anyone would vote for this ole fool for numerous reasons.

Blowjob Biden is going downhill mentally and physically rapidly.

The man needs help.

Thanks for sharing your thoughtful insight with all of us.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:38 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:03 pm
Lucky615 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:16 pm
Biden just this afternoon claimed that 2020 is the worst year in the last 100 years for Covid. Way to go Joe, that’s my man. :rollin
Those voting for Biden aren’t “not voting for Trump.” They’re voting for an old, senile, sexual abuser who’s been more ineffective and less productive than Bill Harris, and that’s saying a lot.
You're so full of shit. Biden is a sexual abuser...but Trump is a perfect gentleman. Laughable!

And you know Trump was pro-choice for years until he saw it wouldn't get him elected. He's a fucking hypocrite just like you! My only question is why do you not have the ounce of credibility and say you are a Trump supporter? You bash Biden right and left, all the fucking time, but then say you won't vote for either. But NEVER a bad word about Trump.

Why? Because you are a full of shit troll.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic