Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Lions refuse to work today because cops are scum

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
km1125

Re: Lions refuse to work today because cops are scum

Post by km1125 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:33 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:13 am
Do I think the Kenosha cops acted with excessive force? Most likely. Why were the cops attempting to detain the man in the first place? That question was not answered. The fact he has a past criminal record is not an acceptable answer.
Are you kidding me? He had a current charge of felony sexual assault and a restraining order against going to that house!!

What should the cops do when a suspect FIGHTS with three officers then heads towards a vehicale and refuses many orders to stop??? Just let him walk away???

But I totally agree with the rest of your post regarding the Lions actions!!

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:57 am

It was bliss not knowing what pro athletes opinions were. Now everyone of them put in their two cents... that said, it kinda affects my opinions of them.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:23 pm

Part of me believes postponement of contests would not be tolerated by the NBA or MLB if we weren't in the middle of a pandemic and fans were allowed to fill arenas & stadiums as usual.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:19 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:23 pm
Part of me believes postponement of contests would not be tolerated by the NBA or MLB if we weren't in the middle of a pandemic and fans were allowed to fill arenas & stadiums as usual.
I'm sure you'd be right. I wonder if the players are still getting their normal pay while they're off?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:24 pm

Bear in mind contests were only postponed (i.e. rescheduled), not canceled outright. In baseball's case, not too different from a rain-out. Moreover, the leagues endorsed the actions. So, no dock in pay.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:50 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:13 am
This was a publicity stunt staged by the Lions. They literally called the local media so that cameras and photographers would show up.

Do I think the Kenosha cops acted with excessive force? Most likely. Why were the cops attempting to detain the man in the first place? That question was not answered. The fact he has a past criminal record is not an acceptable answer. The Kenosha police chief acted like TOTAL PUSSY and dodged the public and the media for days. What a coward!

That said, this goofy publicity stunt by the Lions accomplishes nothing. Maybe it gives the front office and players a warm fuzzy feeling. I don't know. If they are truly worried about excessive police violence, they should contribute some of the millions upon millions in profits to organizations whose mission it is to bring litigation against corrupt police officers and corrupt police organizations.
They're making a political statement and have become a political organization, not a sports franchise.
They've been such an abysmal failure as a sports franchise; maybe they'll be more successful as a political lobbying group? :)

I would be 100% CONTENT if they took the entire upcoming season off!!! Hell, take the next five years off.
But the grocery stores would have plummeting sales on Pepto Bismol in Detroit. Think of the economy, MW!

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:43 pm

Oh good, more white men complaining about things they refuse to understand. You don't deserve the Lions (as shitty as they are).

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:32 am

Most of the comments I'm seeing elsewhere is everyone is abandoning professional sports in droves. Frankly most kind of held there nose on the players personal lives, but now they have been awakened.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:49 pm

Very few guys will abandon college and pro football when it comes back. Just watch. There were all those tough guys when players were taking a knee, but they still watching.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:37 am

You don't deserve the Lions.
Truer words were never spoken! :)

The mere existence of the Detroit Lions is cruel & unusual punishment for humankind.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:24 am

My attitude of pro sports has changed a lot. Seems the protests and controversies overshadow the actual sport itself. I feel that if the players have an opinion they wanna share, it should be done on their own time. People attend or watch sports to see the game and have a good time and escape reality for a few hours. Who in the hell wants to see protests and whatnot? Can a person watch a sport w/o having a political statement shoved down their throats?
audiophile wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:32 am
Most of the comments I'm seeing elsewhere is everyone is abandoning professional sports in droves. Frankly most kind of held there nose on the players personal lives, but now they have been awakened.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic