Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Media Coverage of Local Sports Protests

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

Re: Media Coverage of Local Sports Protests

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:15 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:12 pm
The local media seems to be 100 percent behind these protests by the Lions and Tigers. Then you read the comments section of newspaper articles—a reasonable sample of the paying customers for the media and sports—and you see almost 100 percent opposition to the protests.

For me, nothing before has shown so clearly how closely media and sports are intertwined in the entertainment industry. The content for the media, the free publicity for the sports, the buddy buddy tone in interviews, the self-righteous self-importance of both, the complete lack of concern for the paying customer of both.
The media has always sucked up to athletes. Yep, I said it. They suck.

The media also has an incestuous (look it up) relationship with cops. Many reporters are married to cops and intentionally try to make them look good. Cops give reporters “the scoop” and in exchange reporters don’t go after them when the heat is on. Been happening for a long time.

Question a cop’s motives or ask a tough question and you’re shut out. They won’t give you an interview or return your calls. Blacklisted.

lovinlife101

Re: Media Coverage of Local Sports Protests

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:22 pm

696lover wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:41 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:01 pm
Talk is cheap; five bucks says you'll be watching by next fall.
Off topic but interesting. Last season at the pistons was my first time in the suites at Little Caesars Pizza Arena--we split it with two other businesses. I was surprised how remote it all was. You can only see anything off the bar top if you lean forward or go sit in the seats. Even then the view isn't very good. They did send the brand ambassador, a retired player, to visit and he was fun and very polite for the wives' vapid questions. The food was okay but not great.
Let me guess...

The ambassador was either Michael Curry or Lindsey Hunter. Am I correct? :)
Earl Cureton, "The Twirl".

I could see Lindsey Hunter, though
I agree with you 100%, 69lover.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic