Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hypothetical: Shedding Stations

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Radio for the birds

Hypothetical: Shedding Stations

Post by Radio for the birds » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:03 am

What would it take for iHeart or Cumulus to sell off some of their stations? Is it happening anywhere? Could it happen?

radioandtventhusiast

Re: Hypothetical: Shedding Stations

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:03 pm

Well, 106.5 is in a station trust so it will be sold eventually. I'm not sure if other stations will be sold though. I'd like to see them sold back to local owners, and one of them putting on a format that doesn't exist in Toledo.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:39 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:03 pm
Well, 106.5 is in a station trust so it will be sold eventually. I'm not sure if other stations will be sold though. I'd like to see them sold back to local owners, and one of them putting on a format that doesn't exist in Toledo.
Yeah.... something like Channel Q or Pride Radio-like. It's time to get at least into the 1970's, where gay people can be seen and then be legal, as opposed to illegal and in mental hospitals. Maybe then in 50 years, we can see the rest of LGBTQ people have representation... Oh, and HD channels do not count, as most folks don't care about Hybrid Digital, or even get it.

BASProShop

Post by BASProShop » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:47 pm

I would highly doubt you'll see a significant number of stations being sold off. There might be some trading, but just shedding is unlikely. All the big companies have realized the economies of scale requiring multiple stations to make it worthwhile to be in a market. More likely you'll see the studio facilities being downsized into smaller buildings.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:37 pm

Someone mentioned 106.5. I am shocked that BAS Ohio has not made an offer. All of there stations are class A and 106.5 would fit in. They also would increase the range of the company's reach. Then Russ Rutherford would do production for Toledo again... as mediocre as his production was and still is.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:47 am

TeddyBear wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:39 pm
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:03 pm
Yeah.... something like Channel Q or Pride Radio-like. It's time to get at least into the 1970's, where gay people can be seen and then be legal, as opposed to illegal and in mental hospitals. Maybe then in 50 years, we can see the rest of LGBTQ people have representation... Oh, and HD channels do not count, as most folks don't care about Hybrid Digital, or even get it.
I was thinking oldies, soft AC or variety hits, but it will probably never happen.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:52 am

TeddyBear wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:37 pm
Someone mentioned 106.5. I am shocked that BAS Ohio has not made an offer. All of there stations are class A and 106.5 would fit in. They also would increase the range of the company's reach. Then Russ Rutherford would do production for Toledo again... as mediocre as his production was and still is.
I know BAS runs Westwood One's Classic Hits satellite feed on 92.1 the Wolf. I noticed the feed has a bigger variety compared to 93.5. Eagle 99 has a decent playlist too. I wouldn't mind a station similar to those two stations on 106.5.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:21 pm

Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:52 am
TeddyBear wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:37 pm
I know BAS runs Westwood One's Classic Hits satellite feed on 92.1 the Wolf. I noticed the feed has a bigger variety compared to 93.5. Eagle 99 has a decent playlist too. I wouldn't mind a station similar to those two stations on 106.5.
Cumulus wants too much for it. If that was not the case, The Wolf's owner or another "Christian" (meaning homophobic- concerned we won't get into heaven) outlet would have boughten it.

Too bad. I'm thinking I will see all of those "Christian" board of directors and "Christian" station employees in hell, since they all blaspheme.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic