Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why words should not be banned

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

Why words should not be banned

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:21 am

The hypocrisy and inconsistency is deafening.

The governor of 10 million people says "mother fucker" and the dumb Dems cheer and think it's hilarious.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/gretchen ... 54c3fe4822

A nobody baseball announcer for the Cincinnati Reds says "fag," and the dumb Dems are like, "Crucify him!!!"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/19/us/cinci ... index.html

lovinlife101

Re: Why words should not be banned

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:26 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:35 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:21 am

The governor of 10 million people says "mother fucker" and the dumb Dems cheer and think it's hilarious.

A nobody baseball announcer for the Cincinnati Reds says "fag," and the dumb Dems are like, "Crucify him!!!"

I agree 100% with you. If you go to England, a fag is a cigarette. Heaven forbid someone from the British Isles come over and ask someone for a smoke. They'll get thrown in jail. Didn't a NYC judge rule a few years ago that you can say anything you want? Freedom of speech, or something along those lines. I should look that up.

The governor can say MF on national TV. No big deal I guess. Yet what would happen to you or me if we walked up to her in public, or at a restaurant, and said the same thing to her? I'll bet ya we get locked up. What do you think?

There is such a two way hypocrisy going on with saying things anymore.
Either everyone can say a certain word without fear of retribution, or absolutely no one can say a certain word without fear of retribution. You can't have it both ways.
A "faggot" originated in the English language as a small bundle, like a small bundle of sticks. Then, all of a sudden homosexuals started getting their panties in a bunch.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:27 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:35 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:21 am

I agree 100% with you. If you go to England, a fag is a cigarette. Heaven forbid someone from the British Isles come over and ask someone for a smoke. They'll get thrown in jail. Didn't a NYC judge rule a few years ago that you can say anything you want? Freedom of speech, or something along those lines. I should look that up.

The governor can say MF on national TV. No big deal I guess. Yet what would happen to you or me if we walked up to her in public, or at a restaurant, and said the same thing to her? I'll bet ya we get locked up. What do you think?

There is such a two way hypocrisy going on with saying things anymore.
Either everyone can say a certain word without fear of retribution, or absolutely no one can say a certain word without fear of retribution. You can't have it both ways.
Just like all the holier-than-thous say "The N-word is offensive! Nobody should say that! Now, back to Ice Cube."

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:02 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:24 pm
Of course a pile of human garbage like trollnlife sees no problem with this slur....she uses it regularly on this site.

But this IS a site dedicated to broadcasting. Many, if not, most of us have been in front of a live microphone hundreds or thousands of times. There are things you simply cannot say. Clearly, this is one of them. If Brenaman is so stupid to do it, he should pay the price, just like anyone else who completely screwed up at their job.
Ah, so it’s not the word but the person’s skin color that says it! Got it, Skippy!

So much hip hop is “nigger,” yet nobody is losing their jobs over that. In fact, they’re selling more albums to people like you who appreciate hypocrisy and double standards.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:04 pm

UP906 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:37 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Of course a pile of human garbage like trollnlife sees no problem with this slur....she uses it regularly on this site.

But this IS a site dedicated to broadcasting. Many, if not, most of us have been in front of a live microphone hundreds or thousands of times. There are things you simply cannot say. Clearly, this is one of them. If Brenaman is so stupid to do it, he should pay the price, just like anyone else who completely screwed up at their job.
How would it go for the average reporter if he/she states, "This is CBS motherfuckers"?

Are you understanding the double standard yet?
Without double standards the dumb Dems would have no standards.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:05 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:42 pm
Honeyman wrote:

Audio and you are the only people who aren't trolls in this thread. Done responding to them.
Still trying to control what people say, eh?

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:42 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:09 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:02 pm
Honeyman wrote:

Ah, so it’s not the word but the person’s skin color that says it! Got it, Skippy!

So much hip hop is “nigger,” yet nobody is losing their jobs over that. In fact, they’re selling more albums to people like you who appreciate hypocrisy and double standards.
WHAT?!? Where did I mention skin color? Oh, that's right...whenever you lose an argument, which is frequently, you have to deflect because you can't admit you were wrong.
The guy who said “fag” was white. If he said “nigger” you would have called for his firing too. Black people say “nigger” a lot and you don’t bat an eye. Try to keep up.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:44 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:11 pm
UP906 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:09 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:03 pm
UP906 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:56 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:55 pm
UP906 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:37 pm
Honeyman wrote:

How would it go for the average reporter if he/she states, "This is CBS motherfuckers"?

Are you understanding the double standard yet?
If a reporter said it, he would be fired. But the governor is not employed by a broadcast network. You dont like her words or actions,, vote her out of her job.

To compare the 2 situations is like apples and platypus.
Not really. Are they both not under jurisdiction of the FCC?
It wasn't the FCC who canned Brennaman. FOX didn't wait for some commissioners to vote. They axed this guy within hours. He had a job and he broke virtually the first rule of it. He deserved it completely.
I'm not saying he didn't deserve it, but she doesn't deserve praise for breaking the rules either.

I know it's hip and edgy, but it's still wrong. Especially when it's entirely possible that there are young people that look up to her (perish the thought).
Not arguing with that. I am not all that familiar with Michigan politics living so far away. Just saying to compare the two is ludicrous.
Oh, I get it, “Ludacris.” He’s black and says “nigger” too, but you don’t care about that. You only care if white peppers say “nigger.”

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:52 am

Those who give power to words will become victims of them.

As a member of the LGBTQIA+ community, as many of my friends and relatives are too, I find no power in “fag, faggot, dyke, butt muncher, pillow biter, Ellen, bull dyke, Carl, or tranny.” Those who are offended choose to be offended and those who use these words have power over those who are offended by them.

Same goes for “nigger.” Those offended by the word feel like they are less than those who are calling them that.

Take the power away from the word and you take the power away from the person.

Rather than trying to silence those who use words that offend you, choose to be better and not be offended. You take all the power and control back.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:59 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:52 am
Well stated.

I'm not easily offended and I certainly don't use those words.
Totally within your rights to be offended, choose not to be offended, use the words, or not use the words. It's your choice.

Freedom is a beautiful thing. Too bad the paranoid, easily offended, snowflake, small pecker crowd try to silence people like Hitler did.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:16 am

MasterB wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:38 am
I don't say the words, nothing hardly ever offends me other than the F word slur on LGBTQ the N-word. I don't care if anyone says the F word on TV in prime time I kinda wish that the 7 words would be said on TV programs I don't care about fake news that The Parents Television Censorship Council which they need to put another C in their name. That is why I don't like groups like The PTC that want to censor what is on TV I don't take what they say seriously since The PTC is over the top and their studies aren't legit with phony data and are a bunch of snowflakes as well.
You’ve been conditioned to be offended when you hear or see “nigger” and “faggot.” Why not “spic, dyke, gook, kike, and wop?” Those are “racist” too!

Once the power is taken away from these words, you gain control.

Kids that don’t get offended by “faggot” don’t go out and kill themselves. Take back control! Render these words powerless!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:49 pm

How do fags manage their lives?

They take it one gay at a time!

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic