Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Valenti & Rico...

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
lidoshuffle

Valenti & Rico...

Post by lidoshuffle » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:59 pm

No one, I repeat no one, was more orgasmically happy then Mike (Shut it all down) Valenti on 97.1 today when the word came down the B1G 10 was shutting down fall athletics, Rico (I'll agree on all topics with Mikey V. to keep my new gig), of course was in total agreement... :?

JLesinski

Re: Valenti & Rico...

Post by JLesinski » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:49 pm

Yeah, doom and gloom Mike is not good radio.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:57 pm

If baseball players are spreading COVID around, football would be much worse. You couldn't huddle, and you are literally in each other's ear holes. Right move. Can't go to class, you can't play. Simple.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:59 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:57 pm
.... Right move. Can't go to class, you can't play. Simple.
Very good point.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:30 am

As a Michigan fan I haven't listened. Two guys kicking Michigan daily is not entertaining for me. I can fully understand the entertainment value to an MSU fan.

I no longer directly engage trolls

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:41 am

If baseball players are spreading COVID around, football would be much worse. You couldn't huddle, and you are literally in each other's ear holes. Right move. Can't go to class, you can't play. Simple.
Please.
Athletes, especially college athletes, arguably the most healthy people on Earth, have been playing sick for decades along with risking concussions, torn and broken limbs perhaps leading to permanent disability before they leave college and more.
All condoned and cool, but by all means let's turn into pussies over a flu that has an almost 100% survivability rate especially among people under 30 :lol

So done with sports. AND gloom 'n doom Mike.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:31 pm

armchair pd wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:41 am
Please.
Athletes, especially college athletes, arguably the most healthy people on Earth, have been playing sick for decades along with risking concussions, torn and broken limbs perhaps leading to permanent disability before they leave college and more.
All condoned and cool, but by all means let's turn into pussies over a flu that has an almost 100% survivability rate especially among people under 30 :lol

So done with sports. AND gloom 'n doom Mike.
You both make sense.

By the general standards of social distancing that is supposed to apply in all workplaces, it doesn't make any sense to even consider football, with all of the violent contact. To even consider it says a lot about society's obsession with sports and the obsession of sports with TV money.

But by the standards of sports, where hockey players can beat each other to a pulp and not get arrested, it doesn't make sense to cancel anything. The cancellations say a lot about the unprecedented zero tolerance approach to COVID-19.

scifi and horror

Post by scifi and horror » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:56 am

To start I am enjoying the Valenti and Rico show.

Next you people talk like COVID-19 is the chicken pox, or a flu you feel coming on, have a few bad days, then done. COVID-19 is considered an illness of the lungs. Lungs are important, even more for athletes that are pushing their physical limits. It is closer to Typhoid, or Tuberculosis, or Bronchiectasis all which if a player had they wouldn't be able to play. Worse they can pass it around before they even know they are sick, and it can have long term impact on their health.

But college football is so important and they are already risking injury so who cares. They can be the guinea pigs to see what happens. See what goes wrong and fix it next year no matter the health risks to the players. Pros is different, they have pay, health insurance, a players union, and they are full adults that can make their own decisions on their health and future. College are still transiting, most commit before 18, most still can't even drink, and they have been taught their whole athletic life to listen to the coach and put team 1st.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:41 pm

I've heard Rico with Valenti and although Rico does agree with him a lot, its nice to hear a second voice. This was a good move. Now 97.1 needs to get some hosts to fill in. The Tigers are back and they don't even do post game shows sometimes. Get with it.

Deleted User 15225

Post by Deleted User 15225 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:43 am

Do Brian Chapman and Dan Leach even fill in anymore? I don't think I've heard them in a long time.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:23 am

scifi and horror wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:56 am
To start I am enjoying the Valenti and Rico show.

Next you people talk like COVID-19 is the chicken pox, or a flu you feel coming on, have a few bad days, then done. COVID-19 is considered an illness of the lungs. Lungs are important, even more for athletes that are pushing their physical limits. It is closer to Typhoid, or Tuberculosis, or Bronchiectasis all which if a player had they wouldn't be able to play. Worse they can pass it around before they even know they are sick, and it can have long term impact on their health.

But college football is so important and they are already risking injury so who cares. They can be the guinea pigs to see what happens. See what goes wrong and fix it next year no matter the health risks to the players. Pros is different, they have pay, health insurance, a players union, and they are full adults that can make their own decisions on their health and future. College are still transiting, most commit before 18, most still can't even drink, and they have been taught their whole athletic life to listen to the coach and put team 1st.
Well said! Not to mention the neurological impacts. My friend in Dallas nearly died and has been back in the hospital twice. Is he overweight? Yes Is he over 50 years old? No, he's 36. He has months of rehab ahead of him just to walk normally again, that is once his breathing improves.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:26 pm

selurzam wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:43 am
Do Brian Chapman and Dan Leach even fill in anymore? I don't think I've heard them in a long time.
I don't think so. Besides the main lineup, they only have Caputo who seems to be on the radio for 7 days a week. They have to bring some of these guys back for the Lions season.

thedjguy

Post by thedjguy » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:00 am

I caught some of Valenti & Rico yesterday for the 1st time. Maybe just me, maybe I caught an odd segment, but does their conversation seem extremely forced, almost as if they do not want to be working together. Again, maybe just me.

riggs

Post by riggs » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:36 am

selurzam wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:43 am
I believe they were both let go recently - they worked for Entercom and that's what Entercom does.

WE CUT PAYROLL !

Did you turn any profit?

NO, BUT WE CUT PAYROLL SO WE WIN, RIGHT?

Sidney sit down, relax, have a sandwich, drink a glass of milk, do some fucking thing

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:30 pm

Rico has been better than I anticipated but he does tend to agree with Mike too easily.

Mike being so over the top doom and gloom and acting like he is an authority on the virus has pretty much stopped my listening to the show however.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic