Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit Nielsen #'s - demo ranks

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Detroit Nielsen #'s - demo ranks

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:26 am

Unusually good performances for both WYCD and WDVD:

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/arch ... -analysis-

Steve79

Re: Detroit Nielsen #'s - demo ranks

Post by Steve79 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:27 am

Wonder how the breeze is doing.... Really seems like Entercom has abandoned this station. It sounds stale and every time I tune it its either a Prince or Michael Jackson song playing..... They need to overhaul the playlist and cut down on the repetition! Perhaps a "no repeat workday" would be in their favor? Also get new station ID's and its time to drop "the new" in the liners.... it not new anymore! The whole station needs an overhaul..

non-anon bob

Post by non-anon bob » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:16 am

Still don't understand why people listen to WCSX? Worst DJs on the FM dial!

...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:07 am

non-anon bob wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:16 am
Still don't understand why people listen to WCSX? Worst DJs on the FM dial!
People don't listen for the DJs that much. "Personality Radio" went out 40-50 years ago for the most part, except for a few Major Market stations. People listen to WCSX because it plays true Classic Rock, not the illegitimate "New" Classic Rock. WCSX is one of the few stations that play older tracks. You'll understand when you get older, and they no longer play your tracks, whatever way it is delivered.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

scifi and horror

Post by scifi and horror » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:19 am

I would consider myself a Classic Rock fan, but I hardly stay on WCSX very long. I think I am still leaving my radio on WLLZ more, but I do the bounce between 89X, WCSX, WIRF, WLLZ.

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:51 am

Steve79 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:27 am
Wonder how the breeze is doing.... Really seems like Entercom has abandoned this station. It sounds stale and every time I tune it its either a Prince or Michael Jackson song playing..... They need to overhaul the playlist and cut down on the repetition! Perhaps a "no repeat workday" would be in their favor? Also get new station ID's and its time to drop "the new" in the liners.... it not new anymore! The whole station needs an overhaul..
Yep, it's been 'new' for over 1.5 years...seems like they have had the exact 200-song library since early 2019. I'm amazed that they have done as well as they have. Kudos to Chadd and Kristi for trying to make the morning show work.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:08 pm

The Breeze has lost the wind from its sails.

Ha!

(Insert rimshot here.)

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:41 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:08 pm
The Breeze has lost the wind from its sails.

Ha!

(Insert rimshot here.)

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:47 pm

Steve79 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:27 am
The playlist is horrific!
They removed all that variety from the 60s-90s they had in the beginning, thinking nobody was listening.
It's actually the other way around.
Last edited by stopnswop2 on Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Music is my life.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:42 am

CSX only has one “horrid” on-air person..... and yes it does make me change the channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic