Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hockey!

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
TC Talks

Hockey!

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:49 pm

As a Caps fan, have nothing but smiles for this...

This is an exhibition series for the Stanley Cup, so sadly the Red Wings will be staying home to practice. Oveckin, Oshee and Holby are on fire.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Re: Hockey!

Post by TC Talks » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:35 pm

Does this fake audience this bother anyone else? It's pretty low, but it's there.

The NHL is using cheers from each team, so when the Blackhawks score, the audience is a recording from Chicago.

They are also doing all the light effects and in house music. I suppose it's for the players. When I worked for the CBA in the early 90's, I would work with players to pick music that would get the pumped up when we need to rally. I wonder how that extra element missing has impacted them.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:07 pm

I like that Ken Holland's team is getting housed. Fuck that guy...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:56 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:07 pm
The Wings haven't been contenders since before Mike I died. They will become another Lions.

― Noam Chomsky

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:01 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:56 pm
Matt wrote:
The Wings haven't been contenders since before Mike I died. They will become another Lions.
Stevie Y will turn things around for the Redwings I trust him he did pretty well down in Tampa Bay for the Lighting. Why aren't you a Redwings fan or fans of the Detroit teams because they suck and you only get on the bandwagon when they are contenders for championships. I'll always support my local Detroit Pro sports teams.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:01 am

MasterB wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:01 am
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
Stevie Y will turn things around for the Redwings I trust him he did pretty well down in Tampa Bay for the Lighting. Why aren't you a Redwings fan or fans of the Detroit teams because they suck and you only get on the bandwagon when they are contenders for championships. I'll always support my local Detroit Pro sports teams.
I agree that Yzerman is going to quickly get the Wings turned around, but why do you think that everyone in Michigan should cheer for the Detroit teams? Why would ANYONE subject themselves to the Lions? I gave up on them when I was 13 when they got curbstompped by Philly in the 95 playoffs AND still kept Wayne Fontes. I wanted them to fire him and hire Tony Dungy. That didn't happen, so I became a Bucs fan. It also helped that my grandparents had moved full time to the area in 93, and we were going down there annually.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:10 pm

MasterB wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
I don't live in Detroit, and following your logic, I should be a Packers fan. They are the closest to where I live.

I pick teams where the ownership wants to be competitive. The Ford's and Illitch's don't have any desire to win, so I don't support those teams.

I am a fan of the Seahawks and the Capitals.

― Noam Chomsky

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:12 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:01 am
MasterB wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
I agree that Yzerman is going to quickly get the Wings turned around, but why do you think that everyone in Michigan should cheer for the Detroit teams? Why would ANYONE subject themselves to the Lions? I gave up on them when I was 13 when they got curbstompped by Philly in the 95 playoffs AND still kept Wayne Fontes. I wanted them to fire him and hire Tony Dungy. That didn't happen, so I became a Bucs fan. It also helped that my grandparents had moved full time to the area in 93, and we were going down there annually.
Since it's the local team is all I have other teams that I root for I like the Colts which is my second favorite team when they don't play the Lions, Chiefs are fun to watch I like the Texans as well. The Lions will always be my team win or lose it's my ride or die I just want them to win at least one championship as I have seen all the other teams to win championships although was more into cartoons when the Tigers won the 1984 World Series. Glad I never gave up on the Lions those that do were never fans and are disloyal and don't have any loyalty whatsoever. I do believe always have a second team to root for doesn't have to be loyal to just one team.

TC Talks I believe that The Ford's want to be contenders and winners I don't believe they will be as loyal as Ford SR was Martha cleaned house in 2015 firing the president & GM midway through the season. Will see after the season if Sheila Ford will fire the coach & GM if they have another losing season as it's playoffs or bust for them 9 or 10 wins may save both jobs anything less than that both will be gone. Illich's want the Redwings to do well why Yerzerman returned home to turn things around I want them to fire Jeff Blashill he sucks as a coach. Glad you aren't a Packers fan TC Talks there the evil empire I also like the Seahawks fun team to watch was hoping they beat the Packers in the playoffs since I always root against the Packers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:06 am

Matt wrote:
MasterB wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
This! All of this! I renounced the Liedowns on the Rodgers hail Mary. I was done. I have family in Houston and adopted them as my team.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:21 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:06 am
Matt wrote:
MasterB wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
This! All of this! I renounced the Liedowns on the Rodgers hail Mary. I was done. I have family in Houston and adopted them as my team.
That hailmary didn't count as the refs screwed the Lions out of a win on a bogus facemask the Lions won the game as I refuse to say the Lions lost since the refs were paid off to screw the Lions like always. I could go on and about the refs screwing the Lions out of wins as it is Detroit VS Everybody.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:01 pm

You sound like a Trump fan...

My Caps screwed the pooch. They just don't have the fight like they did a few years ago. Oshee got his collar bone shattered and Wilson got his 21 game suspension and they haven't been agressive since.

― Noam Chomsky

Jacques Strap

Post by Jacques Strap » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:32 am

The Maple Leafs have been eliminated again. There will be renewed calls to kick them out of the Original Six. This year they should just do it.

You don't have to be a good sport, to be a mad one.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:52 pm

Is Babcock still there? Sorry, I don't follow hockey much outside the Wings....

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:05 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:52 pm
Is Babcock still there? Sorry, I don't follow hockey much outside the Wings....
Babcock was fired in November 2019: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Babc ... aple_Leafs

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:26 am

My short term memory is shit. I remember now.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic