Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

From All Access this morning (WPFX has been sold)...

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Deleted User 15062

Re: From All Access this morning (WPFX has been sold)...

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Thu May 14, 2020 7:51 am

WOHO wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:58 am
I like the idea of a 97.3 Fox station with a 2000 song library- Cumulus is too cheap to do that with any of their stations, 107.7 is the only one that would have a chance.
Woho, having a library is not really about being cheap. Sure, there's BMI and ASCAP, but with the sharing of hard drives already.. and in some cases, dual server sharing for station "clients" (station nodes/automation computers), it would be free. That's what stations are doing. iHeart shares an FTP Profit picks from. In the rack room at Cumulus servers are shared, copied and backed up every late night. Beyond airing and streaming rights, a larger library has nothing to do with cost. And the corps usually cut a deal with ASCAP and BMI. It's about something else. I'm thinking that it's potential payola, modernized. Just my thought. Does not mean I'm right. I was reminded the other day, from a former part-timer, that the K100 air talent had to initial that they played a Tim McGraw song once per hour on their shift, as Cumulus National was giving away a "glory concert givaway" at that same time. That's part of my thinking. But I could be wrong.

Deleted User 15299

Post by Deleted User 15299 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:45 pm

Last edited by Deleted User 15299 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:36 pm

I don't understand the K100 story. The jocks don't make their own music logs; the programming dept. (or person) takes care of that.

If we're talking 10 or 15 years ago, playing McGraw at least once every four hours seems like a no brainer in any event.

Maybe initials were required to certify the contest promo was read at the appropriate time? THAT would make more sense, in my opinion.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:00 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:36 pm
I don't understand the K100 story. The jocks don't make their own music logs; the programming dept. (or person) takes care of that.

If we're talking 10 or 15 years ago, playing McGraw at least once every four hours seems like a no brainer in any event.

Maybe initials were required to certify the contest promo was read at the appropriate time? THAT would make more sense, in my opinion.
15 years ago, Gary himself logged most of the music. There were no promos. From what I am hearing, just a required song from a list EVERY HOUR.. The cointest was not promoted at said time. We found out later about that contest.

burytheneedle

Post by burytheneedle » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:05 am

It looks like they changed up their logo and updated their brand a bit. Maybe I'm crazy but it feels like the station is very much targeted toward male listeners. I could be wrong but it has a much different vibe to it than in the past. Also they're pushing "live from Luckey, Ohio."

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:17 pm

burytheneedle wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:05 am
It looks like they changed up their logo and updated their brand a bit. Maybe I'm crazy but it feels like the station is very much targeted toward male listeners. I could be wrong but it has a much different vibe to it than in the past. Also they're pushing "live from Luckey, Ohio."
Don't they mean "Live from Mix 95.7 floorway, in downtown Toiletto?"

Also, local correct temp, wx, and correct time checks? If not, they aren't "live" from anywhere.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:49 am

Did Dan Haslinger move the studio out of Maumee? Last time I passed by, the Wolf station van was still there.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:49 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:49 am
Did Dan Haslinger move the studio out of Maumee? Last time I passed by, the Wolf station van was still there.
Been next door to WTOL for a while, right with WIMX, in the Maritime building.

Either case, if they did move... nothing live from Luckey...uhh-hum, Maumee... to brag about. I suspect nothing is actually live, except mornings. Forget Doublemint Gum... Double your pleasure in the lies that plague Toiletto radio.

Deleted User 15299

Post by Deleted User 15299 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:23 pm

Last edited by Deleted User 15299 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:09 pm

I don't like the new web site at all.

"Untrucking Believable" ? What the hell does that even mean?

I love how the new owner or new PD thinks Florida Georgia Line is representative of pure country music. Someone evidently hopped aboard the clueless train!

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:17 pm

Anyone else notice that the "Great One" from US99 in Chicago is totally absent? She is not on the website or the air.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:59 pm

They have a younger female jock on the air now. She isn't on the website either, but I don't know if she's totally absent or not.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:49 pm

Shit, I'LL buy 106.5. You really wanna snuff out the competition? I'll have a format of 24 hours of Motley Crue, AC/DC and Queen. That'll SMOKE my iHeart competitors. Nothing but those 3 bands all day and all night. WIOT will be a pop station in no time.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:43 am

Mega Hertz, why don't you get a two for one deal and take 98.3 along with 106.5FM and then you'll have the coverage you need for your station cluster.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:52 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:49 pm
Shit, I'LL buy 106.5. You really wanna snuff out the competition? I'll have a format of 24 hours of Motley Crue, AC/DC and Queen. That'll SMOKE my iHeart competitors. Nothing but those 3 bands all day and all night.
Throw in Seger and Nugent and you're just mimicking WIOT lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic