Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Shocker - Jerry Tarrants exits Beasley

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bryce

Re: Shocker - Jerry Tarrants exits Beasley

Post by Bryce » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:54 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:46 pm
I just don't get how they're number 1. I guess the saying was right; when you lower your standards, you broaden your base.
There is something to this. McDonald's is the number one selling hamburger in the U.S. I doubt there is a epicurean out there that would put a McDonald's hamburger at the top of their list, but they're still number one for a variety of reasons.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:09 pm

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:17 pm

armchair pd wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:09 pm
He's gunna love Dahmer

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1933 ... etroit-om/
For the love of God, I hope he gives walking papers to Dahmer ASAP. Sounds so ill fitting on CSX

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:27 pm

Why does the name Scott Jameson ring a bell? Did he work in Detroit or Toledo once upon a time?

Another question: did the lawn gnome (Jerry Tarrants) leave of his own accord?

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:54 pm

armchair pd wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:09 pm
He's gunna love Dahmer

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1933 ... etroit-om/
Please, pretty please, with a goddamn cherry on top, let this mean that Dahmer will be gone soon. Couldn't stand him on "The D", can't stand him on CSX.

Also saw he had some AAA experience...no chance in hell he'll be able to use it, but it'd be nice...

take this job and shove it

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:21 pm

Just do me a favor. Make a mention of the music. Just ONE fucking mention. Enough with this "the thursday afternoon edition of things you didn't know coming up in 11 minutes"
*poison starts*

When did the music become secondary on this station?

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:42 pm

So, is this just another corporate yes man who will simply play "All the songs you've heard a million times"?

Michigan Media

Post by Michigan Media » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:41 am

Tarrants has resurfaced in Kalamazoo at Townsquare Media's WRKR. He is hosting the station's morning show "The JT & Stefani Show" in addition to serving as Program Director.

Tarrants replaced Mike McKelly, who retired last month. McKelly also had Operations Manager duties for Townsquare Media's Kalamazoo stations. I assume Tarrants picked up those responsibilities for the other TSM stations in Kalamazoo.

Born in Virginia - raised in Florida - work in Michigan. Dropped out of College to play in a band - sucked at it - now I'm on the radio. Started in radio doing a morning show - sucked at it - now I'm a Program Director. Tried to be Prince Charming to more than one woman at a time - sucked at it - now I'm married. Attempted birth control - sucked at it - now I'm a proud Father! Had pet Hamster - it died - now I have a dog...good luck Tucker ol' boy!

Source: https://wrkr.com/author/jtarrants/

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:00 pm

Fuck me running.

My neighbor's cat could run CSX and it would be #1. And the cat has been dead for 3 years. Brand, name recognition...it counts for a lot. I just can't do Cinderella ballads and Great White all the time. Sorry.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic