Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The H*** Show coming to Detroit! That's H*** news!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
JLesinski

Re: The H*** Show coming to Detroit! That's H*** news!

Post by JLesinski » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:30 pm

Metro Detroit is not predominantly black.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:38 pm

JLesinski wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:30 pm
African Americans are 14% of the US
Metro Detroit it's 22%

So yes, African Americans are a major part of the population.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... opulations

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:46 pm

Page Not Found

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:56 pm

Hmm.. For some reason the link doesn't work but he's coming to 1270 AM starting today at 3 pm.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:20 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:38 pm
JLesinski wrote:
Metro Detroit it's 22%

Of course they are but thats not what was said though. The exact quote was this: "another white radio host in a predominantly black market!!!" Sorry, but that is provably inaccurate. 22.8% African American is nowhere near "predominant".

Definitions of
predominantly
adv
much greater in number or influence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Detroit

"As of the census of 2010, there were 4,296,250 people, 1,682,111 households, and 1,110,454 families residing within the metropolitan statistical area. The census reported 70.1% White, 22.8% African American, 0.3% Native American, 3.3% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 1.2% from other races, and 2.2% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.2% of the population. Arab Americans were at least 4.7% of the region's population (considered white in the US Census)."

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:46 pm

JLesinski wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:20 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:38 pm
JLesinski wrote:
Metro Detroit it's 22%

Of course they are but thats not what was said though. The exact quote was this: "another white radio host in a predominantly black market!!!" Sorry, but that is provably inaccurate. 22.8% African American is nowhere near "predominant".

Definitions of
predominantly
adv
much greater in number or influence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Detroit

"As of the census of 2010, there were 4,296,250 people, 1,682,111 households, and 1,110,454 families residing within the metropolitan statistical area. The census reported 70.1% White, 22.8% African American, 0.3% Native American, 3.3% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 1.2% from other races, and 2.2% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.2% of the population. Arab Americans were at least 4.7% of the region's population (considered white in the US Census)."
Just gotta forgive him... he's pretty bad with math... and facts.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:33 am

So the radio signal is going to magically stop at the borders of Detroit when he is on?

"Metro Detroit is not predominantly black". This is a true and factual statement backed up by the census.

Yes, Detroit proper is mostly black. Metro Detroit however where the majority of our population lives, and where the radio signal will travel, is 70% white. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:26 am

I love that even after how many years, H*** is still censored on this board. A great reminder of what a H*** douchebag H*** is. A well played F-U by MW to turn H***'s censor demands again him.

48125er

Post by 48125er » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:54 pm

The 10 listeners of 1270 will be very excited.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:49 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:30 pm
JLesinski wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:33 am
So the radio signal is going to magically stop at the borders of Detroit when he is on?

"Metro Detroit is not predominantly black". This is a true and factual statement backed up by the census.

Yes, Detroit proper is mostly black. Metro Detroit however where the majority of our population lives, and where the radio signal will travel, is 70% white. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept.
When I say "Detroit" I do not mean "Sterling Whites." I mean Detroit.
So you're going with the angle that the signal is going to be magically contained within the literal Detroit borders? Thats a bold take.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:00 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:34 am
JLesinski wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:49 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
JLesinski wrote:

So you're going with the angle that the signal is going to be magically contained within the literal Detroit borders? Thats a bold take.
No. I'm going with when I say "Detroit," I mean Detroit.

You're going with something else.

When I say the population of Detroit in 2018 was 672,662, I mean the population of Detroit in 2018 was 672,662.

JLesinski: So you're going with the population of Cleveland from 2010?

Me: No. Detroit. 2018. Please try to keep up.
I'm caught up and know the meaning of words. We are in a sub-forum literally titled "Metro Detroit" :lol:
So again, do you think the signal will not be going out to all of metro Detroit? Please just answer that very simple question. The shows audience will literally include all of Metro Detroit which is 70% white. That is not a predominantly black market.
Is it a strong black market? Sure.
Is it a large black market? Sure.
But the fact remains that our area is NOT "Predominantly Black".

You can say the show is coming to "Detroit" and in your head you may mean the literal Detroit borders. In the real world however, signals do not care about city boundaries and all of metro Detroit will be the potential audience; which is, of course, 70% white per the census. That, obviously, is no where near "predominantly black". Its really pointless arguing this though. When the show comes to "Detroit", everyone will understand that its going everywhere. You can continue to think that it is only for "Detroit proper". Honestly, makes no difference to me.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:02 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:19 pm
So, the H*** show is coming to Detroit!

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2020/07/th ... rsday.html

H*** congratulations and H*** success for another white radio host in a predominantly black market!!!
There is no Detroit-only radio market - such a thing doesn't exist. The market, by definition, includes all of Metro Detroit. You lose.

You can send my million to the bottom of Lake Michigan.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:14 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:58 pm
JLesinski wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:00 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:34 am
JLesinski wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:49 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
JLesinski wrote:

No. I'm going with when I say "Detroit," I mean Detroit.

You're going with something else.

When I say the population of Detroit in 2018 was 672,662, I mean the population of Detroit in 2018 was 672,662.

JLesinski: So you're going with the population of Cleveland from 2010?

Me: No. Detroit. 2018. Please try to keep up.
I'm caught up and know the meaning of words. We are in a sub-forum literally titled "Metro Detroit" :lol:
So again, do you think the signal will not be going out to all of metro Detroit? Please just answer that very simple question. The shows audience will literally include all of Metro Detroit which is 70% white. That is not a predominantly black market.
Is it a strong black market? Sure.
Is it a large black market? Sure.
But the fact remains that our area is NOT "Predominantly Black".

You can say the show is coming to "Detroit" and in your head you may mean the literal Detroit borders. In the real world however, signals do not care about city boundaries and all of metro Detroit will be the potential audience; which is, of course, 70% white per the census. That, obviously, is no where near "predominantly black". Its really pointless arguing this though. When the show comes to "Detroit", everyone will understand that its going everywhere. You can continue to think that it is only for "Detroit proper". Honestly, makes no difference to me.
Once again, slowly, so even you can understand.

I. Said. "Detroit."

Show me where I said "Metro Detroit" prior to this post and I'll give you $1 million.
Dude, you can say it as slowly as you want and as many times as you want. In the context of discussing radio and television shows "Detroit" refers to the entire area because...stay with me now...the radio signal doesnt care about the borders of Detroit proper. We understand that in your head you are thinking the literal city of Detroit only. What you are not getting is that the physical borders of Detroit proper are irrelevant.

RedRamage

Post by RedRamage » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:02 pm

So... just "coincidence" that he doesn't debut in the biggest major sports market in the state until after there is no other competition there?

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:23 am

Have you even looked at the actual numbers?
Black is NOT the majority at all.
Just because the city of Detroit is, does not mean the market is.
Try and use real data instead of guessing.

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic