Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The H*** Show coming to Detroit! That's H*** news!

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

The H*** Show coming to Detroit! That's H*** news!

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:19 pm

So, the H*** show is coming to Detroit!

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2020/07/th ... rsday.html

H*** congratulations and H*** success for another white radio host in a predominantly black market!!!

lovinlife101

Re: The H*** Show coming to Detroit! That's H*** news!

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:53 am

Detroit is 78.6% “black or African American.”

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/ ... /PST045219

Facts, yo.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:30 pm

JLesinski wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:33 am
So the radio signal is going to magically stop at the borders of Detroit when he is on?

"Metro Detroit is not predominantly black". This is a true and factual statement backed up by the census.

Yes, Detroit proper is mostly black. Metro Detroit however where the majority of our population lives, and where the radio signal will travel, is 70% white. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept.
When I say "Detroit" I do not mean "Sterling Whites." I mean Detroit.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:34 am

JLesinski wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:49 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:30 pm
JLesinski wrote:
So the radio signal is going to magically stop at the borders of Detroit when he is on?

"Metro Detroit is not predominantly black". This is a true and factual statement backed up by the census.

Yes, Detroit proper is mostly black. Metro Detroit however where the majority of our population lives, and where the radio signal will travel, is 70% white. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept.
So you're going with the angle that the signal is going to be magically contained within the literal Detroit borders? Thats a bold take.
No. I'm going with when I say "Detroit," I mean Detroit.

You're going with something else.

When I say the population of Detroit in 2018 was 672,662, I mean the population of Detroit in 2018 was 672,662.

JLesinski: So you're going with the population of Cleveland from 2010?

Me: No. Detroit. 2018. Please try to keep up.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:58 pm

JLesinski wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:00 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:34 am
JLesinski wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
JLesinski wrote:

So you're going with the angle that the signal is going to be magically contained within the literal Detroit borders? Thats a bold take.

When I say the population of Detroit in 2018 was 672,662, I mean the population of Detroit in 2018 was 672,662.

I'm caught up and know the meaning of words. We are in a sub-forum literally titled "Metro Detroit" :lol:
So again, do you think the signal will not be going out to all of metro Detroit? Please just answer that very simple question. The shows audience will literally include all of Metro Detroit which is 70% white. That is not a predominantly black market.
Is it a strong black market? Sure.
Is it a large black market? Sure.
But the fact remains that our area is NOT "Predominantly Black".

You can say the show is coming to "Detroit" and in your head you may mean the literal Detroit borders. In the real world however, signals do not care about city boundaries and all of metro Detroit will be the potential audience; which is, of course, 70% white per the census. That, obviously, is no where near "predominantly black". Its really pointless arguing this though. When the show comes to "Detroit", everyone will understand that its going everywhere. You can continue to think that it is only for "Detroit proper". Honestly, makes no difference to me.
Once again, slowly, so even you can understand.

I. Said. "Detroit."

Show me where I said "Metro Detroit" prior to this post and I'll give you $1 million.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:10 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:02 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:19 pm
So, the H*** show is coming to Detroit!

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2020/07/th ... rsday.html

H*** congratulations and H*** success for another white radio host in a predominantly black market!!!
There is no Detroit-only radio market - such a thing doesn't exist. The market, by definition, includes all of Metro Detroit. You lose.

You can send my million to the bottom of Lake Michigan.
I'll give you $1 for effort. You'll have fun finding it on me. Or, I'll have fun having you find it.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:11 pm

JLesinski wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:14 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:58 pm
JLesinski wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:00 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:34 am
JLesinski wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
JLesinski wrote:

I'm caught up and know the meaning of words. We are in a sub-forum literally titled "Metro Detroit" :lol:
So again, do you think the signal will not be going out to all of metro Detroit? Please just answer that very simple question. The shows audience will literally include all of Metro Detroit which is 70% white. That is not a predominantly black market.
Is it a strong black market? Sure.
Is it a large black market? Sure.
But the fact remains that our area is NOT "Predominantly Black".

You can say the show is coming to "Detroit" and in your head you may mean the literal Detroit borders. In the real world however, signals do not care about city boundaries and all of metro Detroit will be the potential audience; which is, of course, 70% white per the census. That, obviously, is no where near "predominantly black". Its really pointless arguing this though. When the show comes to "Detroit", everyone will understand that its going everywhere. You can continue to think that it is only for "Detroit proper". Honestly, makes no difference to me.
Once again, slowly, so even you can understand.

I. Said. "Detroit."

Show me where I said "Metro Detroit" prior to this post and I'll give you $1 million.
Dude, you can say it as slowly as you want and as many times as you want. In the context of discussing radio and television shows "Detroit" refers to the entire area because...stay with me now...the radio signal doesnt care about the borders of Detroit proper. We understand that in your head you are thinking the literal city of Detroit only. What you are not getting is that the physical borders of Detroit proper are irrelevant.
Detroit is Detroit.

Black is black, I want my baby back.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic