Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

TV5

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Bdl

Re: TV5

Post by Bdl » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:45 am

R Bedell wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:33 am
As most of you know, TV5 has 5 HD channels, being 5.1 through 5.5. On channel 5.5 it seems that devoted the offerings to Court TV. What I have noticed, that the audio does not match (out of sync) with the video. It is like watch an old third rate Godzilla move. This seems to have been going on for quite some time now. (A) Does TV5 not know how to fix this, or (B) is this tolerated by design ?? Thank God for the remote, to move on quickly.
This isn't meant to be nitpicky. WNEM is currently running ONE HD channel, along with FOUR SD channels.

Monitoring all the signals is extremely hard. We are not just talking about off-air...there's also cable returns...DirecTv, Dish. They MAY have these set up so that they can SEE the return and SEE that audio is there with the video. But they can't properly HEAR all this stuff going on. So they need viewers (like you) to email them and let them know that there is a lip sync issue. It could be a simple reboot of their SD encoder.

It also helps them if you tell them HOW you receive your signal. In this case I am assuming off-air, because of your channel designations. And how long has it been going on. And any other variances that you can think of.

Directly from their site...
Engineering: For questions or comments about technical issues like reception, digital signal, etc., contact TV5 Engineering at garth.sims@wnem.com.
Last edited by Bdl on Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bdl

Post by Bdl » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:11 am

R Bedell wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:50 am
I receive my TV5 signal "over the air" (antenna). I didn't write it down when I first noticed, but I would say 1-2 months now. The last time I emailed TV5, they would not even respond. Thus I drew the conclusion, it was fruitless.
If you contacted Garth directly and nothing was done...then you did you due diligence. If not, send him an email directly and I would bet it is taken care of. All the entire engineering staff that I ever dealt with at WNEM were kind, courteous and cared about their viewer's reception.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:59 pm

You expect Garth to really do something? :rollin

Bdl

Post by Bdl » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:47 pm

Dudley wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:59 pm
You expect Garth to really do something? :rollin
Garth can pass it on!

Bdl

Post by Bdl » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:04 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:36 pm
Bdl: You seem to know the right people over there. Maybe TV5 will listen to you.
I actually moved to Grand Rapids area last year....now I can watch Susan Shaw again!

smallwonder

Post by smallwonder » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:00 pm

There is still a skeleton crew there. Kate Nadolski is officially gone, as Jason Fielder took over her reporting duties.

turn up the radio! mighty in might!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic