Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Masks Now Mandatory In Stores

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Masks Now Mandatory In Stores

Post by audiophile » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:09 am

So health care workers must take "bias" training before renewing their medical licenses. This is silly.

Maybe we should require the governor to take "constitution" training.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 287034001/

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:54 am

The implicit bias training is a ridiculous E.O. that will result in wasted tax dollars and will do nothing to improve health outcomes.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:23 pm

No shirt, no shoes, no mask, no service = no problem you get no money from me. There’s always a drive-thru or the internet to spend my money. I’m retired might as well get lazy for my young age and be like those 20 somethings.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:23 am

I truly wonder how this will be enforced as I doubt the police will be handing out fines I know Van Buren county will not enforce on $500 fine I saw his interview on Fox17 News. I went out to lunch today put on my facemask before getting out of the car and took it off when I got to the table put it back on when leaving took off walking back to the car going out to eat I'll wear the mask going to the store or doctor just wear a shield. Since I can't wear a mask for many hours.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:54 am

Several police departments have issued a "don't call us" letter.

Basically if someone isn't wearing a mask they don't want you call them and tie up the phone lines - call the attorney general's office as they are the enforcers of the EO's.

They also imply with 149 executive orders there is no realistic way they or anyone else can keep on top of which have been rescinded or re-issued, etc.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:18 am

MasterB wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:23 am
I truly wonder how this will be enforced as I doubt the police will be handing out fines I know Van Buren county will not enforce on $500 fine I saw his interview on Fox17 News.
This gives county Health Officers some teeth to penalize businesses that are a significant problem. There are also individuals with active COVID who refuse to quarantine, Health Officers now have a way to address them too.

Like all law enforcement, threat of consequences is a powerful tool. Businesses don't further restrictions, this gives them a new tool too.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:59 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:18 am
MasterB wrote:
I truly wonder how this will be enforced as I doubt the police will be handing out fines I know Van Buren county will not enforce on $500 fine I saw his interview on Fox17 News.
This gives county Health Officers some teeth to penalize businesses that are a significant problem. There are also individuals with active COVID who refuse to quarantine, Health Officers now have a way to address them too.

Like all law enforcement, threat of consequences is a powerful tool. Businesses don't further restrictions, this gives them a new tool too.
So now unelected bureaucrats have the power to ruin a business.

I guess they've always had this power, but this just adds to it.

Great way to run a state. (ruin a state?)

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:07 am

km1125 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:59 am
TC Talks wrote:
MasterB wrote:

Ruin a business? What an over-dramatic conservative victim way to put it. Health officers can regulate a business. Every business in Michigan is regulated already. Get over yourself you big fucking baby.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:07 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:07 am
km1125 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:59 am
TC Talks wrote:
MasterB wrote:

Ruin a business? What an over-dramatic conservative victim way to put it. Health officers can regulate a business. Every business in Michigan is regulated already. Get over yourself you big fucking baby.
TCTalks, you sound like a the big fucking baby. TCTalks the Buzzboard’s very own Democrat whiner.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:26 pm

"Fuck Trump and fuck you for voting for him."

-TC Talks 2016

Classy guy, that one.

Thread Killer

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:42 pm

UP906 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:26 pm
"Fuck Trump and fuck you for voting for him."

-TC Talks 2016

Classy guy, that one.
He’s the biggest asshole on this board. That TCTalks loves Whitmer so much, I’m beginning to think he loves women who tell him what to do.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:34 pm

Nah, he's just the epitome of a man child throwing a tantrum.

Thread Killer

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:52 pm

UP906 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:34 pm
Nah, he's just the epitome of a man child throwing a tantrum.
I think you hit it perfectly.
Last edited by Deleted User 15342 on Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:52 pm

From what I read, it sounds like local police in the thumb area communities of Bad Axe and Sandusky are not gonna take complaints and bascically said call the AG's office. The police are paid to uphold the law and not pass the buck to a higher power IMO.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:24 pm

TheForce wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:52 pm
From what I read, it sounds like local police in the thumb area communities of Bad Axe and Sandusky are not gonna take complaints and bascically said call the AG's office. The police are paid to uphold the law and not pass the buck to a higher power IMO.
All it really has to be is tell them they have to leave as they are on private property and if they refuse them trespass them. The store is within its rights to call and ask for that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic