Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer Misses The Mark

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
RedMenace

Re: Whitmer Misses The Mark

Post by RedMenace » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:10 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:57 pm
RedMenace wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:54 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:41 pm
RedMenace wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:21 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:57 am
Bryce wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:43 am
Stopped into a northern Michigan Walmart over the weekend. A good 80% of the shoppers were going mask free. Except in the check-out lines, few were practicing social distancing.
That fits the demographics correctly.
What are you trying to say there skippy? Spit it out, don't be afraid.

And just take a look at covid case in Northern Michigan compared to citiots homes down state.
Skippy? Oh no.....
Still waiting...
Most people in Northern Michigan tend to be Republicans and republicans tend to not like masks at the present time. So it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that walking into a Walmart up there would yield a lack of masks.
Ok, so you stereotype not only northern Michigan but you stereotype Republicans as well. I think you were really trying a backhanded swipe at Northern Michigan residents but whatevs.

But yes, many of us (repubs, dems and independents) don't wear masks. Haven't from the beginning and many defied the stay at home orders, probably many more than abided by it. And in the beginning and recently governor dipshit was allowing citiots to move freely to cottages and second homes. Opened our bars and restaurants and citiots came in droves. Yet we have some of the lowest infection rates in the US. So why is that because we "seem" to be doing everything wrong?

Counting all the assholes in the room I'm defiantly not alone.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:11 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:57 pm
RedMenace wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:54 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:41 pm
RedMenace wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:21 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:57 am
Bryce wrote:
Stopped into a northern Michigan Walmart over the weekend. A good 80% of the shoppers were going mask free. Except in the check-out lines, few were practicing social distancing.
That fits the demographics correctly.
What are you trying to say there skippy? Spit it out, don't be afraid.

And just take a look at covid case in Northern Michigan compared to citiots homes down state.
Skippy? Oh no.....
Still waiting...
Most people in Northern Michigan tend to be Republicans and republicans tend to not like masks at the present time. So it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that walking into a Walmart up there would yield a lack of masks.
Except that on a holiday weekend, you're going to see a majority of downstaters. Stop trying to make this partisan...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:28 pm

It is a fact that you are more likely to see a Republican ignore the mask requirements than an independent or a Democrat based on the behavior of the President. They are following his lead. Add in the demographics that would tend to go up there and my theory is sound.

RedMenace

Post by RedMenace » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:54 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:28 pm
It is a fact that you are more likely to see a Republican ignore the mask requirements than an independent or a Democrat based on the behavior of the President. They are following his lead. Add in the demographics that would tend to go up there and my theory is sound.
Well that's some bullshit, but I'll play.
First off neither me or anyone I know gives a rat's ass what the president does or doesn't do as far as the mask. It's my choice whether to wear one or not. I don't belittle anyone for wearing or not wearing one.
And if I use your logic then the vast majority of dems wear a mask because Trump doesn't. Not because it may help slow the spread. Nope, it because "orange man bad".
And anything he's for they're against and anything he's against they're for.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:04 pm

RedMenace wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:54 pm
Rate This wrote:
First off neither me or anyone I know gives a rat's ass what the president does or doesn't do as far as the mask. It's my choice whether to wear one or not. I don't belittle anyone for wearing or not wearing one.
And if I use your logic then the vast majority of dems wear a mask because Trump doesn't. Not because it may help slow the spread. Nope, it because "orange man bad".
It’s because they tend to listen to the experts. Trump and co. Specifically ran against experts.

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:23 pm

I just want to take a moment to remind everyone that Trump, months ago, said that the virus was a hoax.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:15 pm

F-Squared wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:23 pm
I just want to take a moment to remind everyone that Trump, months ago, said that the virus was a hoax.
Link?

Thread Killer

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:09 am

UP906 wrote:
F-Squared wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:23 pm
Link?
Sorry for the late response but here ya go.

https://youtu.be/G5TZ6fTYrsE

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:39 am

Bryce wrote:
Where at? On my last trip to Meijer in Manistee (on July 3rd), I would guess 75-80% of shoppers were wearing masks.

I did see a couple of weeks ago that if Whitmer were to increase restrictions, she would consider going county by county and not screw over rural areas due to a spike in a region's major city. IMHO, some northern counties in Regions 2 and 4 should be in Region 6.

RedMenace

Post by RedMenace » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:23 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:04 pm
RedMenace wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:54 pm
Rate This wrote:
It’s because they tend to listen to the experts. Trump and co. Specifically ran against experts.
So they listen to the "experts" that told us not to wear masks, then they said to wear a mask, but not the "good" ones because we would run hospitals out, now wear one again, and it wasn't airborne, then it was, then "we're not sure", and it can't be transmitted by the asymptomatic, then it could, then it couldn't, now "we're not sure" again.

Those experts?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:26 am

Learning as they go... something you don’t do. You already know it all obviously.

RedMenace

Post by RedMenace » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:37 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:26 am
Learning as they go... something you don’t do. You already know it all obviously.
You got me, I'm all knowing and all seeing. LOL

But what myself and others like me do is to use common sense. Look at the facts and make decisions for ourselves.
What we won't do is allow ourselves to be led around by the nose by a bunch of talking heads from either sides.

RedMenace

Post by RedMenace » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:51 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:39 am
Rate This wrote:
Nobody should exercise power and control over anyone else.

It's really that simple.

It prevents slavery, murder, abuse, cops, and a host of other problems.

But you think people still need to test this theory since they're still "learning as they go."

Wrong. It's wrong. Always has been. Always will be.
No no no, it's ok as long as it's for "your own good". You have to take what your "bettors" are telling you to do like it's gospel.

We really need a sarcasm emoji here.

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:53 am

Does anyone remember the #1 rule of the internet?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:01 pm

Rate This wrote:
I don't know how you do it, but you are arguing with people who simply want to complain about things are common sense for anyone living within an educated society. I doubt they believe most of what they type. It's almost like guys like BMW are recruiting their malcontent friends just to parrot the stuff he finds on the Crazyweb.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic