Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Guns, guns, GUNS!!!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Re: Guns, guns, GUNS!!!

Post by km1125 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:33 am

Whoever wrote that FOX story should be ashamed. Horrible depiction of what actually happened and the title is very misleading.

First, they lead the story with "A fiery exchange between a white woman and a black mom and daughter" and try and make it 'all about race', when it appears (according to the video) that race had NOTHING to do with the gun being drawn.

If you actually watch the video, the husband and wife were trying to de-escalate and just leave. It appears all the "did" was that the wife bumped into the daughter at some point, but then the mom and daughter get aggressive, especially as the mom seeks to get some type of apology. Before the gun gets pulled, it appears the mom tries to block the car, and then smacks it several times then then both mom and daughter start getting aggressive. Only THEN does the wife pull the gun in a defensive posture.

Of course you can't tell what happened before the video was started, but even from the on-camera admissions from the mom and daughter, they only allege the bumping and nothing else. The mom and daughter are the only ones who bring race into the conversation and make allegations of 'ignorant' and 'white racists'

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:50 am

km1125 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:33 am
Whoever wrote that FOX story should be ashamed. Horrible depiction of what actually happened and the title is very misleading.

First, they lead the story with "A fiery exchange between a white woman and a black mom and daughter" and try and make it 'all about race', when it appears (according to the video) that race had NOTHING to do with the gun being drawn.

If you actually watch the video, the husband and wife were trying to de-escalate and just leave. It appears all the "did" was that the wife bumped into the daughter at some point, but then the mom and daughter get aggressive, especially as the mom seeks to get some type of apology. Before the gun gets pulled, it appears the mom tries to block the car, and then smacks it several times then then both mom and daughter start getting aggressive. Only THEN does the wife pull the gun in a defensive posture.

Of course you can't tell what happened before the video was started, but even from the on-camera admissions from the mom and daughter, they only allege the bumping and nothing else. The mom and daughter are the only ones who bring race into the conversation and make allegations of 'ignorant' and 'white racists'
I’m not seeing the need to pull a fucking gun here... I watched the shortened and full versions and all I can think is “well that escalated quickly”... they should have been able to simply drive off. I don’t see anyone really blocking them from rolling out of there or anything. Nobody looks like they were in any particular danger here...

Even if she did not bump the girl... why not try saying sorry and seeing if that’ll shut them up? Instead the lady starts going on about not calling white People racists... her deescalation tactics flat out suck ass. I’m gonna declare everybody in the video an imbecile and move on I think.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:45 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:50 am
I’m not seeing the need to pull a fucking gun here... I watched the shortened and full versions and all I can think is “well that escalated quickly”... they should have been able to simply drive off. I don’t see anyone really blocking them from rolling out of there or anything. Nobody looks like they were in any particular danger here...

Even if she did not bump the girl... why not try saying sorry and seeing if that’ll shut them up? Instead the lady starts going on about not calling white People racists... her deescalation tactics flat out suck ass. I’m gonna declare everybody in the video an imbecile and move on I think.
You have to look closely in the video, but the mom got behind the car to prevent them from backing up. You can see her hit the car once and then hear her hit it a few more times when the daughter (or whomever was videoing) is running back to the scene and jostling her phone. Then they (mom and daughter) start getting aggressive towards the wife, and THAT is when she pulls the pistol. Mom also keeps approaching her while she is armed (stupid move and she could have earned the subsequent bullet coming her way). No way to know what the mom or daughter would do if they got too close, and the victim wouldn't have wanted to find out. If you have two aggressive and agitated people coming at you, you really can't say "no particular danger" there.

We also really don't know who 'bumped into' who. The mom and daughter are blaming the wife, but it easily could have been the daughter who bumped into the wife, or a 'mutual' bumping.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:54 pm

The lady with the pistol did everything right, her CCW instructor should be proud.

The hoodrats are lucky they lived to see another day.

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:02 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:45 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:50 am

You have to look closely in the video, but the mom got behind the car to prevent them from backing up. You can see her hit the car once and then hear her hit it a few more times when the daughter (or whomever was videoing) is running back to the scene and jostling her phone. Then they (mom and daughter) start getting aggressive towards the wife, and THAT is when she pulls the pistol. Mom also keeps approaching her while she is armed (stupid move and she could have earned the subsequent bullet coming her way). No way to know what the mom or daughter would do if they got too close, and the victim wouldn't have wanted to find out. If you have two aggressive and agitated people coming at you, you really can't say "no particular danger" there.

We also really don't know who 'bumped into' who. The mom and daughter are blaming the wife, but it easily could have been the daughter who bumped into the wife, or a 'mutual' bumping.
I’m not clear exactly why they didn’t flee or she didn’t stay in the car... it’s the getting back out part I’m unclear on... the safest place is in the car, locked and looking for a way to drive off, even over a curb or something if you have to. That’s why I think it’s on everybody involved. They all did a miserable job of handling it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:11 pm

The couple have both been charged with felonious assault which is a 4-year felony. Bouchard made the announcement and I don’t exactly consider him a screaming liberal...

Given that they appeared to have an out in front of them without needing to move anybody any further back it would appear the gun was drawn to intimidate so this appears to meet that criteria. Maybe they can beat it but I doubt it.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:30 pm

Nah, they'll walk.

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:50 pm

UP906 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:30 pm
Nah, they'll walk.
They had an out and she used the gun to intimidate... its pretty textbook looking over the definition of the charge...

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:54 pm

She did everything she could to deescalate the situation, to the point of retreating while brandishing as the Mother advanced on her.

3v1 situation with the threat advancing, she could have opened fire but didn't.

The Husband will say that he didn't feel safe with driving off for fear that he would have hit someone.

Get ready for some "protests" because these two will walk.

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:00 pm

UP906 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:54 pm
She did everything she could to deescalate the situation, to the point of retreating while brandishing as the Mother advanced on her.

3v1 situation with the threat advancing, she could have opened fire but didn't.

The Husband will say that he didn't feel safe with driving off for fear that he would have hit someone.

Get ready for some "protests" because these two will walk.
I still don’t understand why they got out of the car brandishing. I just watched it again... I don’t get it at all. I had no inkling of needing to fear for their lives at all. I’m mystified.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:04 pm

The lady didn't exit the car with pistol in hand near as I can tell.

What I saw was them beating on the vehicle, blocking their freedom of movement. She then got out telling them to back up... when they advanced on her she drew her weapon and chambered a round.

Mark it down. They will walk.

Thread Killer

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:14 pm

Maybe they were fearful they were going to get their asses beat. Hard for us to judge and play the 2nd guess game. You can tell the white folk were just happy to be on their way and leave and the lady ran behind the van to block them and then acted like she was going to get run over and hit the back of their window. Don't forget for weeks the images that were portrayed on tv have been mostly violent in nature and I'm sure that these white people are having those thoughts cross thru their head, I know it be in mine and I don't go looking for trouble. Should a gun have been pulled or potentially get your ass kicked and end up in the hospital knowing that could have been avoided knowing you had the smith and wesson in the car? The media never showed what precipitated that ugly exchange. Let's just keep the divisions going and only show/discuss the part of the story to get everyone enraged that whitey is at it again.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:19 pm

I think it was Dave Chappelle that had that hilarious "When keeping it real goes wrong" bit.

That's very nearly what we had happen here. Mom should thank her lucky stars she came across an armed woman with a seeming endless amount of patience.

Thread Killer

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:26 pm

If the roles were reversed, would the white folks be up on hate crime charges for screaming "I'll beat your black ass"?

Fuck... how can anybody not see who the aggressor is here?

Thread Killer

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:28 pm

So will this be on Cumo's show tonight to get everyone pissed off even more and make it a point not to show the beginning part of that video. It looked to me that the black people brought up race first when the one woman said she was going to beat the man's "white ass". Unless the white people brought it up in the store........ Just so sick of this shit. Let's just keep pouring gas on the fire

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic