Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer Misses The Mark

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Whitmer Misses The Mark

Post by Matt » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:56 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:52 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:47 pm
Another lockdown in the offing?
The language she used today says no - overall the state is "still doing okay". I suspect it'll be more surgical, focusing more on establishments where alcohol sales dominate. Maybe pausing indoor dine-in too.

So far, I haven't seen documented where there have been uncontrolled outbreaks at businesses that aren't primarily focused on food and beverage sales.
Hospitalizations are not increasing, so there's not really much justification to go backwards.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:57 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:54 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:45 pm
Every COVID exposure except 2 in our area in the past month came from a Metro Detroit visitor, based on contact tracing.
You'll need to source this, or I'm calling bullshit. No way that you are privy to that level of personal information except through second-handed gossip.
GT health department. I am on the regional Joint Operations Committee.
Sift through the daily updates, and you will have all the truth you can handle.

https://gtcountycovid19.com/

Enjoy. BTW, I'm married to someone who does this for a living, so much of what I source isn't coming from the media, it's the raw data.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:03 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:57 pm
GT health department. I am on the regional Joint Operations Committee.
Sift through the daily updates, and you will have all the truth you can handle.

https://gtcountycovid19.com/

Enjoy. BTW, I'm married to someone who does this for a living, so much of what I source isn't coming from the media, it's the raw data.
Nowhere in any of those updates is there this information: "Every COVID exposure except 2 in our area in the past month came from a Metro Detroit visitor, based on contact tracing"

June 22 update:
The Grand Traverse County Health Department (GTCHD) reports one new positive case today bringing the total to 38 positive cases, 6 probable cases, 19 recoveries, and 5 deaths in Grand Traverse County residents. There are three Grand Traverse County cases (of the 38) currently in isolation being monitored. Additional statistics are available on the County’s dashboard.

The new case is a male in his 30s who became symptomatic while traveling out of state. He did not travel during his infectious period and based upon the case investigation the exposure was community-acquired where he traveled.
May 29 update:
None of the four cases reported recent travel, with symptoms presenting in only two of them. None of the four cases are hospitalized. Community transmission is suspected in all but one.

Male, 20s, symptomatic, contact to a known positive case
Male, 50s, symptomatic
Male, 20s, asymptomatic
Male, 40s, asymptomatic
I could keep clicking and clicking and blow that statement of yours even more out of the water. You're not a very good liar these days.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:15 pm

I wonder if the Grand Traverse County Health Department knows that one of their committee members represents their organization the way you that do on the interwebs. Personally, I wouldn't be happy about it.

With screen shots of your postings, it would probably take them about 14 seconds to figure you out and to take appropriate action with someone manipulating their data for their own personal use.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:51 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Every COVID exposure except 2 in our area in the past month came from a Metro Detroit visitor, based on contact tracing.
You'll need to source this, or I'm calling bullshit. No way that you are privy to that level of personal information except through second-handed gossip.
Good luck. Perhaps another salmonella chart coming your way. Great stuff. Check the fine print

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:03 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:51 pm
Howard Jones wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Good luck. Perhaps another salmonella chart coming your way. Great stuff. Check the fine print
That's the point nit wit, this is the fine print. How long have you been here? Three weeks? Maybe head back to the Detroit forum where you don't have to read very much.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:13 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:03 pm
Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:51 pm
Howard Jones wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
That's the point nit wit, this is the fine print. How long have you been here? Three weeks? Maybe head back to the Detroit forum where you don't have to read very much.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:10 pm

Indoor bar service in the Lower peninsula has been ordered closed.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:31 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:10 pm
Indoor bar service in the Lower peninsula has been ordered closed.
Thanks Harpers of East Lansing and Fifth Avenue sports bar- Royal Oak for going back to business as normal (no pandemic) and ruining it for everyone. People just can't control themselves without getting the Queen involved.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:37 pm

Power tripping Karen gonna power trip. Unless I can't comprehend (possible), it sounds like this only impacts bars that don't serve food.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:13 pm

Traverse City is still open for business as normal operations. I guess the Queen knows best and who her friends / donors are, brilliant move Queen. She is definitely holding her own in the double standard department.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:27 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:13 pm
Traverse City is still open for business as normal operations. I guess the Queen knows best and who her friends / donors are, brilliant move Queen. She is definitely holding her own in the double standard department.

They aren't having issues up there. Why should they have to close? I'd argue EL and MAYBE GR. Everyone else should be open.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:36 pm

Those two new cases we got in Traverse City sure have us spiraling out of control. We use masks, we follow safe guidelines and we are doing fine. Sorry your kids downstate can't follow simple rules.

The only issue we have seen are from downstate visitors. Enjoy your restrictions, I'll be at the beach laughing at your predicament.

And Matt, you are my favorite conservative victim of government overreach. When's your birthday? I'd like to get you a Freedom to Breath card....

Governor Whitmer can mandate masks just like she can mandate that you must wear clothes. It's a health directive.

― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:40 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:36 pm

Governor Whitmer can mandate masks just like she can mandate that you must wear clothes. It's a health directive.
Wearing clothes is a health directive now?

Actually, going clothes free in many situations, in the summer months, is much healthier than wearing them.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:19 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:40 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:36 pm

Wearing clothes is a health directive now?

Actually, going clothes free in many situations, in the summer months, is much healthier than wearing them.
And under the right conditions it improves the view... but the lawn must be cut... curb appeal and everything.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic