Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I'm so tired of this bullshit ...

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 24

Re: I'm so tired of this bullshit ...

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:57 am

Another asshole to block. Dismissed.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:02 am

Vic Doucette wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:31 pm
And there's no way you can "appreciate" what we go through any more than I can "appreciate" what it's like to be black or a woman. Unless it hits you, a family member or a friend, you haven't a clue.
FWIW, I went to junior high and high school with Vic. To say it seemed more difficult for him than other kids to navigate those formative years, would be a immense understatement. But he never asked for sympathy or played the "woe is me card". He wanted to be treated like everybody else and was as cocky and proud as all of us were through those years.

But I did do the morning announcements better than him on the school PA.
The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:05 am

UP906 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:53 pm
Busybodies.
Agreed, Must be a shit starter.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:53 am

Lucky615 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:05 am
UP906 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:53 pm
Busybodies.
Agreed, Must be a shit starter.
Tattletale.

Instead of addressing the problem directly, he called Mom on them.
Thread Killer

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:58 am

Just sip on this for a minute...

What do you think is more effective, having the dispatcher tell them they can't park in a handicapped parking spot, or having an actual handicapped person shame the crap out if them in public?

Vic squandered a golden opportunity to dole out a life lesson in dramatic fashion.

Maybe next time...
Thread Killer

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:18 pm

You have no right touching someone else’s property.
Last edited by Deleted User 15342 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:36 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:49 am
UP906 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:12 pm
I appreciate your situation and the work you've done for disabled children, but I still disagree with the way you handled it.

Did the guy not see the note when you were on the phone to the company?
I'm guessing he saw the note....and ignored it. Just like he did with that big blue sign that says HANDICAPPED ONLY that he parked in front of. I would guess people who do this a chronic offenders. I hope this bastard got canned.
I highly doubt the person got canned... probably just a don’t do that 5 second conversation. That’s about all it’s really worth. If it happens over and over again and they get annoyed enough with dealing with complaints it’ll roll up to a write-up then a suspension and then termination. If he’s a model employee otherwise they’ll just roll their eyes and ignore Vic.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:10 pm

I specifically said that I didn't want the person to lose their job. My aim was and is to educate people.

I made a similar complaint some years ago after I attended an outdoor concert put on by WCSX. There were several handicapped parking spaces that had been commandeered for use as a staging/loading/unloading space for the musicians and staff. I have helped run such events myself and understand the need for a staging area ... but it was illegal to use those particular spaces. I sent a letter through the station website and got an apology from the PD the next day. He said that had been set up by the folks who ran the park and gave me their contact information.

I spoke to the head of the department and he was also apologetic. But he wondered if my intention was for people to lose their jobs over this.

I told him if that was the case, he'd be talking to Richard Bernstein instead of me. (Richard wasn't on the state supreme court then.) I will always assume carelessness or cluelessness before I assume malice in this matter.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:12 pm

Who the hell made you a police officer.
Last edited by Deleted User 15342 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:29 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:10 pm
I specifically said that I didn't want the person to lose their job. My aim was and is to educate people.

I made a similar complaint some years ago after I attended an outdoor concert put on by WCSX. There were several handicapped parking spaces that had been commandeered for use as a staging/loading/unloading space for the musicians and staff. I have helped run such events myself and understand the need for a staging area ... but it was illegal to use those particular spaces. I sent a letter through the station website and got an apology from the PD the next day. He said that had been set up by the folks who ran the park and gave me their contact information.

I spoke to the head of the department and he was also apologetic. But he wondered if my intention was for people to lose their jobs over this.

I told him if that was the case, he'd be talking to Richard Bernstein instead of me. (Richard wasn't on the state supreme court then.) I will always assume carelessness or cluelessness before I assume malice in this matter.
That makes me feel much better about the whole thing.. 99% of it is probably unintentional...

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:48 pm

I try not to assume malice.

And while we're on the subject, it's illegal to park on the blue striped areas next to some handicapped spots. That's to leave room for the ramps wheelchair users need to get in and out of their vehicles. If you block it with a car, shopping cart, etc., you can keep someone from getting in or out of their vehicle.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:39 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:48 pm

And while we're on the subject, it's illegal to park on the blue striped areas next to some handicapped spots. That's to leave room for the ramps wheelchair users need to get in and out of their vehicles. If you block it with a car, shopping cart, etc., you can keep someone from getting in or out of their vehicle.
You need to let the police do their job, not you.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:41 pm

Lucky615 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:39 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:48 pm

You need to let the police do their job, not you.
It sounds like he’s telling you how it’s supposed to work in a calm and respectful manner. Show some respect back.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:17 pm

Wish I could post a pic. There was a pickup at the local ACO, with a handicapped placard and a veterans plate, parked diagonally in the center of FOUR handicapped spaces, blocking all FOUR.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:36 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:17 pm
Wish I could post a pic. There was a pickup at the local ACO, with a handicapped placard and a veterans plate, parked diagonally in the center of FOUR handicapped spaces, blocking all FOUR.
That's malice. There's no excuse for that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic