Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How to fix the Fox 2 morning show

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

How to fix the Fox 2 morning show

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:24 pm

First of all, I would get rid of the stupid Fox 2 News Morning name and the Nine, and just rename the whole thing, Good Day Detroit, and have that run from 4-9. At 10 am, get Tamara Hall from TV 20 and have her on that time slot. Than, keep the Fox 2 News, Live at 11 name.

As for the anchors, kick Josh Landon, Ryan Ermani, Jay Towers, and Maurielle Lue out of the anchor desk, have Amy Andrews and/ or someone new from 4-6 am, and out Deena and someone new that’s from one of WJBK’s sister stations (preferably WAGA or WTTG), and our them on from 6-9 am. Ermani needs to go back to sports and Jay Towers and Maurielle Lue can do special reports or something. Keep the 11 am hour the same.

Bottom line, the morning news needs a complete and utter overhaul. It’s time.

As for the evenings, please get back to investigate journalism and bring back the Problem Solvers, please.

Fox must do a better job in running this station. It’s not as bad as other stations like WFLD or WITI, but it’s not as good as it was 10 years ago. It needs to get better.

Editorcj

Re: How to fix the Fox 2 morning show

Post by Editorcj » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:28 pm

Is it time to play "Fantasy News Director" again? Do we get an unlimited budget and are allowed to void contracts? What are the rules, this game sounds as fun as Fantasy Football?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:53 pm

Editorcj wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:28 pm
Is it time to play "Fantasy News Director" again? Do we get an unlimited budget and are allowed to void contracts? What are the rules, this game sounds as fun as Fantasy Football?
Maybe we could put Walter Cronkite on at 11?

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:06 pm

Okay Circle I’ll play this game. How to fix the Fox 2 morning show, well I would call back Andrea Isom and just have stupid restaurant reviews for 2 full hours 5 days a week. Hell its better than what’s on Fox 2 currently.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:07 pm

First of all, I would get rid of the stupid Fox 2 News Morning name and the Nine, and just rename the whole thing, Good Day Detroit, and have that run from 4-9.
I like that idea, actually. "Good Day, Detroit" sounds pleasant and uplifting.
As for the evenings, please get back to investigate journalism and bring back the Problem Solvers, please.
Amen! Their 10PM newscast has nowhere nearly the amount of compelling content it once did. The ratings reflect that fact.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:57 pm

Editorcj wrote:
This is an interesting comment. I'm paraphrasing this:
But I could of swore, about 3 or 4 years ago now, Jay Towers said on the air that they are all "at will" employees. And "they" (implying station management) could tell them tomorrow they don't work there anymore. This isn't exactly word for word what he said, but that's what he said, if you know what I mean.

I know you work at 7. So is that true or not? Not so much your job, since I read between the lines that you are some sort of behind the scenes worker. (Let me guess, you're an editor).

But the folks in front of the camera, and the big shots in charge of hiring and firing the on air talent.
Do they have contracts that prevent them from being excused from their job until the contract expires?
Or are they "at will" employees? Or do you know?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:57 pm
Editorcj wrote:
This is an interesting comment. I'm paraphrasing this:
But I could of swore, about 3 or 4 years ago now, Jay Towers said on the air that they are all "at will" employees. And "they" (implying station management) could tell them tomorrow they don't work there anymore. This isn't exactly word for word what he said, but that's what he said, if you know what I mean.

I know you work at 7. So is that true or not? Not so much your job, since I read between the lines that you are some sort of behind the scenes worker. (Let me guess, you're an editor).

But the folks in front of the camera, and the big shots in charge of hiring and firing the on air talent.
Do they have contracts that prevent them from being excused from their job until the contract expires?
Or are they "at will" employees? Or do you know?
He’s a cameraman if I’m not mistaken.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:26 am

Bring Jason Carr back to Fox 2 and team up with wifey Taryn Asher and do a 2 hour morning show. Call it Fox 2 Detroit and Friends start it at 9am. The show will be all Detroit with interviews with local politicians, entertainers and anyone and anything Detroit. The 2020 version of the old Kelly & Company.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:57 am

I was an editor and TD, now I'm a cameraman, rolling with technology changes. Almost everybody who is in front of the camera and most of the management is under contract at all 3 stations. The only exceptions are a few per diem reporters and Fox 2 has 2 or 3, I believe.

joe60

Post by joe60 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:10 pm

Get rid of Lee Thomas who adds nothing and interrupts everybody and replace him with the new weatherman who seems to have a good personality. Get rid of Ryan Ermmani who laughs after literally everything he says and replace him with anybody on earth. I know its tough to do a show in quarantine but it has been awful for a long time

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:30 pm

I like the idea Good Day Detroit I'm surprised that Fox O&O's don't use the Good Day for all of the Fox O&O's. Does any Fox O&O's air Tamron Hall I don't think they will take Tamron Hall as Fox O&O's will be airing Nick Cannon's talk show in the fall.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:18 am

Editorcj wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:57 am
I was an editor and TD, now I'm a cameraman, rolling with technology changes. Almost everybody who is in front of the camera and most of the management is under contract at all 3 stations. The only exceptions are a few per diem reporters and Fox 2 has 2 or 3, I believe.
Have you ever caught any "oops" type moments that probably shouldnt have it on to the air?

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:19 am

Editorcj wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:57 am
Thanks

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:28 am

What’s with Maurielle Lue this morning? Does she have a good buzz going on, or is she just naturally stupid.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:13 pm

How to fix it?
More Deena in short skirts would be a start.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic