Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump's Klan Rallies of 2020

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Trump's First Klan Rally of 2020

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:00 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:55 am
At this point Biden is running ahead of where Hillary was.. there’s is no quantifiable way to say otherwise...

Trump supporters in general seem blinded to outside realities. His 2016 win was by a cunt hair quite frankly. It’s unlikely he will lose fewer than 11,000 here, 40,000 in Pennsylvania and about 27,000 in Wisconsin. That’s his margin of error for the presidency. Unless he can pull off a miracle he’s toast.
A poll done just last week found that the majority of Americans - presumably including most of his supporters and some of his opponents - believe he will be re-elected. Moreover, PredictIt has it 57-44 in favor of Biden. At this time in 2016 Hillary was a much heavier betting favorite.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:03 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:59 am
Interestingly while it’s just one guy I was reading an article that had a white union guy in Ohio who was always a Democrat saying she was the only one who would bring him over to Biden after he switched to Trump last time. She may not be as bad of a pick as you think.
When Harris was still in the running for President, she routinely polled more poorly than Biden did head-to-head vs. Trump, especially in the midwest.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:04 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:00 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:55 am
At this point Biden is running ahead of where Hillary was.. there’s is no quantifiable way to say otherwise...

Trump supporters in general seem blinded to outside realities. His 2016 win was by a cunt hair quite frankly. It’s unlikely he will lose fewer than 11,000 here, 40,000 in Pennsylvania and about 27,000 in Wisconsin. That’s his margin of error for the presidency. Unless he can pull off a miracle he’s toast.
A poll done just last week found that the majority of Americans - presumably including most of his supporters and some of his opponents - believe he will be re-elected. Moreover, PredictIt has it 57-44 in favor of Biden. At this time in 2016 Hillary was a much heavier betting favorite.
Betting markets aren’t everything and it’s a 13 point spread... that’s a lot.

Also Trump didn’t do that wonderfully against her nationally When polled... 7 ties and 6 leads and a lot of behind by several points:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6252.html

Wisconsin resulted in 2 ties:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6851.html

Michigan resulted in 3 Harris leads:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6770.html

Pennsylvania resulted in a tie and a Harris lead:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6864.html

Ohio resulted in 1 tie:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6933.html

That’s not exactly tanking In the limited data we have...
Last edited by Rate This on Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:09 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:59 am
bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:57 am
Kamala Harris is the overwhelming favorite right now for VP....and politically, I think that would be a TERRIBLE pick for Biden. What does she bring to the ticket? She's a west coast liberal, and her brand of politics doesn't play well in the midwest. If Biden goes with Harris, I could see a 4 or 5 million popular vote win for Biden while still losing the electoral college.

Biden really boxed himself in when he declared that he will pick a woman and is also strongly hinting that it will be a black woman. Already he's eliminated 94% of the population from contention, choosing identity politics over qualification.
Interestingly while it’s just one guy I was reading an article that had a white union guy in Ohio who was always a Democrat saying she was the only one who would bring him over to Biden after he switched to Trump last time. She may not be as bad of a pick as you think.
I agree with beemer, Kamala Harris would be an awful pick. There is unlikability factor to her that might turn a lot of people off. Her rise to the top is questionable with her relationship to Willie Brown. He has California, so that is not a plus. I'd prefer Susan Rice myself.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:22 pm

RT - all I'm saying is that it is foolish to write him off. His approval rating, despite the VERY difficult times this country is going through right now, somehow remains above 40%. The radical left will only further galvanize his base - he already has 35% of the popular vote WRAPPED UP regardless of what happens between now and November.

Who is Biden's base exactly? Which group of people is anything even remotely as enthusiastic about his candidacy as Trump's base is about his? The furthest left half of the Democrat party doesn't really even like Biden, they just happen to hate Trump. The other half, including the more moderate voters, don't much care for him either - they only voted for him in the primaries because Bernie Sanders was too far left. So all he has is a coalition of far-left loons and more moderate, sensible people, literally none of whom particularly care for him. Simply hating Trump isn't enough to drive turnout.

Ultimately - I think you are UNDERESTIMATING Biden's lack-of-appeal. Now, I suppose Harris as VP could help drive turnout for the radical loon wing of the party, but I think she equally turns off the middle.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:39 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:22 pm
RT - all I'm saying is that it is foolish to write him off. His approval rating, despite the VERY difficult times this country is going through right now, somehow remains above 40%. The radical left will only further galvanize his base - he already has 35% of the popular vote WRAPPED UP regardless of what happens between now and November.

Who is Biden's base exactly? Which group of people is anything even remotely as enthusiastic about his candidacy as Trump's base is about his? The furthest left half of the Democrat party doesn't really even like Biden, they just happen to hate Trump. The other half, including the more moderate voters, don't much care for him either - they only voted for him in the primaries because Bernie Sanders was too far left. So all he has is a coalition of far-left loons and more moderate, sensible people, literally none of whom particularly care for him. Simply hating Trump isn't enough to drive turnout.

Ultimately - I think you are UNDERESTIMATING Biden's lack-of-appeal. Now, I suppose Harris as VP could help drive turnout for the radical loon wing of the party, but I think she equally turns off the middle.
I agree with most of this outside of this statement, "Simply hating Trump isn't enough to drive turnout." This year, it might be enough.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:43 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:22 pm

Prove it with numbers and not your gut. Thus far you appear to be wrong based on everything I’ve been able to find Harris held her own with Trump. Further Trump has his 40% Base and nobody else. That’s not enough to win. A sizable chunk of the Democratic base and independents overall (which Trump is polling horribly with mind you) will vote for literally anybody but Trump. As such Biden’s base is solid. The people just want Trump gone. Given turnout in the primaries the Democratic base from top to bottom is on fire in the enthusiasm department for this. The Republican base has been more tepid no matter what color the state is.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:11 pm

BMW was spot on the last few elections.

The Trump signs a popping everywhere now, so despite the crummy media reports, the support is there.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:15 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:11 pm
BMW was spot on the last few elections.

The Trump signs a popping everywhere now, so despite the crummy media reports, the support is there.
Aren’t you in a rural area? Here in metro Detroit I’ve yet to see more than a couple bumper stickers. Not good.

Anyway...
Trump’s Tulsa Rally Adds to Week of Warning Signs for Campaign
Donald Trump’s first campaign rally since coronavirus swept the U.S. will be remembered more for what the president would rather forget, as his attempt to reset his re-election bid drew a disappointing crowd in a safe state.
The event in downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Saturday attracted far fewer supporters than Trump and his advisers had promised. And it was overshadowed by continuing criticism of his response to the pandemic and to nationwide protests against police brutality.
The ouster of the top federal prosecutor in New York emerged as a fresh controversy just hours before the president touched down in the city.
Trump and his campaign manager, Brad Parscale, had boasted that a million people requested tickets online for the Tulsa rally, and Trump flatly promised there wouldn’t be an empty seat. He had planned to speak to crowds both outdoors and inside, but scrapped the outdoor remarks after a scant showing. Inside Tulsa’s BOK Center, upper-level seating was mostly empty.
The campaign blamed protesters, claiming they had blocked Trump supporters from passing through security checkpoints. That could not be verified, and the Tulsa police department said in a tweet that protesters had been “overwhelmingly” peaceful. The poor showing added to indications that Trump’s re-election is far from certain and that his campaign risks derailment.
He has fallen behind his Democratic opponent, former Vice President Joe Biden, in national polls and surveys of key battleground states. In May, Biden’s campaign outraised Trump’s for the first time, while Trump’s campaign spent twice as much money.
Trump declared Saturday that he would win re-election, despite recent polls, and alluded to nationwide protests against police violence against people of color.
“I stand before you today to declare that the silent majority is stronger than ever before,” Trump said. “We are the party of Abraham Lincoln, and we are the party of law and order.”On Saturday, the president said nothing about the size of the crowd.
He painted Biden as a befuddled puppet of the Democratic Party’s leftmost flank.
“Does anybody honestly think he controls these radical maniacs?” Trump said, at one point asking the crowd: “Do you know what he says to his wife, when he’s not confusing her with his sister?”
Trump vs. Virus
In the hours before his arrival, Trump courted new controversy as Geoffrey S. Berman, the chief federal prosecutor in New York, resigned following a remarkable stand-off with Attorney General William Barr, who said the president had fired him. But Trump told reporters as he departed the White House for Tulsa that Barr was responsible for Berman’s removal, saying “I’m not involved.”
The president has struggled to maintain enthusiasm for his campaign as coronavirus ravaged the country and cities nationwide were convulsed by protests following the death of George Floyd last month at the hands of Minneapolis police. Over the course of a week, a damaging new book by Trump’s former national security adviser, John Bolton, and the ousting of Berman on Saturday added to the president’s travails.
Trump’s large, raucous rallies were the lifeblood of his 2016 campaign, and he had begun to increase their frequency late last year as he prepared for re-election. But the coronavirus outbreak ruined his best argument for another term -- the strength of the U.S. economy, now in recession -- and sidetracked his campaign’s favorite tactic, making rallies impossible since March.
Saturday’s rally marked a return to script for a president who has long thrived on the crowds and sharp partisanship of the events. It was also meant to be a declaration of victory over the virus -- the administration has touted Oklahoma as a reopening success story, although cases of the disease spiked in the state ahead of the rally.
Local health officials had recommended delaying the event, but the campaign pressed ahead. Some campaign advance staff in Oklahoma tested positive for the virus, news that emerged shortly before Trump departed the White House.
Masks were distributed to attendees as they entered the arena, but few people actually were seen wearing them.
Trump dedicated portions of his speech to the virus, at one point calling it the “Kung Flu,” one of a handful of racially insensitive comments. He warned that conceding to demands by police brutality protesters to abolish law enforcement would leave the wife of a traveling salesman vulnerable to “a very tough hombre.” And he said that a Democratic congresswoman who is a Somali refugee, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, sought to “make the government of our country just like the country from where she came.”
He also sought to play down the risks of the pandemic. “Testing is a double-edged sword,” he said. “When you do testing to that extent you’re going to find more people. So I said to my people, slow the testing down.”
A White House official, who asked not to be identified, later said the president was joking when he spoke about slowing down testing.
Ramps and Water
His speech, which ran roughly one hour and 44 minutes, saw him touch on recent controversies, including speculation about his health after his unsteady walk down a ramp at West Point’s commencement ceremony last weekend, and online jokes about why he has appeared to struggle to drink glasses of water without using both hands.
On Saturday, after he was brought a glass of water at the rally lectern, Trump flamboyantly drank it with one hand and then flung it aside. The crowd cheered.
Outside the arena, tensions escalated between protesters and Trump supporters ahead of the rally. Protesters clustered near the entrance to the event, where Oklahoma National Guard troops stood in a line.
Some of the demonstrators chanted “hands up don’t shoot,” a phrase common at nationwide protests against police brutality over the past month. Trump supporters entering the rally chanted “go Trump.”
“You are warriors, thank you, we had some very bad people outside, we had some very bad people outside, they were doing some bad things,” Trump told his audience.
‘5D Chess’
After Trump’s remarks, police confronted protesters and briefly fired unidentified projectiles that produced eye irritants before backing off.
Trump’s campaign boasted after the rally that despite the poor in-person attendance, more than four million people had watched the event online. “These numbers represent unmatched enthusiasm behind the President’s re-election and a massive audience that Joe Biden can only dream of,” campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh said.
But some Biden campaign officials gloated over the scene in the arena.“The ol’ Trump 5D chess at work,” digital director Rob Flaherty tweeted in response to a picture of empty seats above the stage as Vice President Mike Pence spoke.
On his way from the arena back to Air Force One -- the plane’s successor factored into the speech, as Trump recalled haggling with an unnamed Boeing Co. executive he called a “dumb son of a bitch” -- Trump issued another defiant tweet.
“THE SILENT MAJORITY IS STRONGER THAN EVER BEFORE!” he wrote.
https://apple.news/AFxqTgPPMRxKmoz93-5UZzg

Deleted User 15335

Post by Deleted User 15335 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:20 pm

the most best president ever. I never ben as proud as I was last night. his best speech ever. I had geese bumps and my eyes were wet. my pants a bit to. ther wasnt a mast warer in the place. joe biden shud give up and go bak to his celler. Mr Trump has 2020 all sowed up.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:28 pm

patriot wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:20 pm
the most best president ever. I never ben as proud as I was last night. his best speech ever. I had geese bumps and my eyes were wet. my pants a bit to. ther wasnt a mast warer in the place. joe biden shud give up and go bak to his celler. Mr Trump has 2020 all sowed up.
My god man...

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:41 pm

patriot wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:20 pm
No way this guy is real. I personally think it's one of the best schticks around.

If you want to pm me your identity, I promise that your secret will stay with me, pat.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:42 pm

I agree that Biden's VP pick could be a deal maker or deal breaker. Harris would be a horrible choice for Biden. She is polarizing, slimy, and I would not at all trust her with border, social welfare, or foreign policy decisions.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:49 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:42 pm
I agree that Biden's VP pick could be a deal maker or deal breaker. Harris would be a horrible choice for Biden. She is polarizing, slimy, and I would not at all trust her with border, social welfare, or foreign policy decisions.
Generally VP choices don’t matter much at all. Johnson in 1960 and Palin in 2008 being the comes to mind exceptions.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:52 pm

Not that McGovern was gonna win but Eagleton, or was it Eagleson, sure didn't help him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic